“Last minute choice” 4 of 5 stars

Description: telephone number is 01946695141
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Last minute choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

New to the area so had no pre ideas of any establishments, on arrival we were seated quickly despite the restaurant being probably 3/4 full and with a couple of large parties.
Drinks were offered and came quickly but with one drink wrong - but corrected straight away and without fuss.
As it was a first visit we were a bit bemused by the huge menu choice to begin with, three different menus and all different prices. We went for the 6 course buffet in the end and after ordering the food started to come rapidly.
Couldn't fault the food as it was all excellent but second round of drinks also wrong.... but again corrected immediately.
Having worked in restaurants for a number of years I would pass on to the owners that the staff despite being friendly need a bit of training on not moaning to customers about working conditions while waiting the tables and that if they wanted to give the impression of efficiency it felt like being rushed. That said the staff were all immaculate, restaurant and toilets basic but clean and the atmosphere on a friday night was really good. Would definitely return!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Myself and partner visited here on a sunday night, where they have a 6 course meal for just under a tenner.
The service was a bit slow to begin with and we were left standing for about 5 minutes before being taken to a table. however, after that, we ordered and the food was brought out promptly! although the 6 course menu is appetisers (prawn crackers) sarters, soup, a meal, rice, dessert/coffee. so the main meal with rice is 2 of your courses, the portions are huge and i left stuffed!
I find with most chineses the food can sometimes be greasy but the food was lovely and not a speck of grease in sight!
Will definitely be going back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
“Not my type of place.....!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I picked up some chinese food from here, 2 weeks ago. This was 6 pm and the place was nearly full. The owner was tending to everyone, along with a young lass. She seemed tired and over-worked ( God bless her..!!). The owner was doing everything and he seemed a little confused and frustrated at the same time. I paid him £20 for my order and he was supposed to give £12 back. He forgot about it . I pointed out his carelessness. He didn't apologise and just gave me back the correct change. The food was tasteless and sweet. I might have rather ordered from a pastry shop. In the UK, chinese food is not actually chinese, is it? Its fired and fried with a lot of lard / sugar for quick service. I consume it only during emergencies, when I can't cook. Hope you do the same and watch out for the cholesterol..!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seascale, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went to celebrate husbands birthday with friends so ordered food to share and can honestly say it was all lovely and tasty and hot.

Visited April 2013
“Walked out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Worst resturant I have ever been too. Will not be returning if we came here again. The staff are the most ignorant people I have ever come across. I myself work in a resturant and would never ignore customers as they did with us. On entering the resturant we asked for a table of 2 but were completely ignored and left to stand there. We went to the till where we were ignored again, then told to just sit down. We sat for a further 10 minutes and no members of staff came near our table to ask for drinks or to take orders. I could not comment on the food as we walked out shortly after sitting down!!! Would not recommend if you would like even the slightest bit if decent service.

Visited May 2013