“All fur coat but no knickers.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of St Mary's Mount Manor

St Mary's Mount Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulverston
St Mary's Mount Manor
You added St Mary's Mount Manor to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Ulverston LA12 7HD, England   |
Ranked #20 of 27 Ulverston B&B and Inns
Hallbankgate
“All fur coat but no knickers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Firstly, I struggled to find this place. There is no sign outside saying that its a B&B. There's not even a sign saying the name of the house until you walk down the driveway. Given that the entrance isn't on the postal road it's no wonder I couldn't find it.
I called up to say that i was struggling to find it but got the answer phone then, about 30 mins later when I did locate it I got told that the host hadn't got around to calling me back yet.
I was in a room in a seperate block to the main house. The decor was nice but the basics weren't met. The sockets in the wall were loose so when i pulled out my mobile phone plug the television went off momentarily. Scary!
Also when I came down for breakfast in the morning I found that the main door to my block had been locked overnight. This also seemed to be the fire escape so that seemed a bit dangerous.
Breakfast was ok but nothing special. I'm aware that the owners were away so things might have been better had they been around.
There were some nice touches such as a guest kitchen and fresh communal milk but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Thirsk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here with 3 friends prior to walking the Cumbria Way. Fantastic period house built I believe about 1820. Stayed in one of the attic rooms which had a sitting room and a fabulous bathroom .Due to its location headroom was a little restricted at the doorways, so watch your head. The owners/staff were very helpful. The breakfast was superb, from fresh fruit to the full English. Would recommend it without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Would recommend the attic room with sitting room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Farnborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed in one of the attic rooms, which have a sitting room with TV as well as bedroom and bathroom. Everything was very clean and comfortable, just mind you head on the beams if you are tall!

Breakfast was the best we have had in any B&B, lovely fresh fruit, top quality ingredients for the full english, croissants, all served freshly prepared by a very friendly lady (Karen) what more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fareham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The two nights we spent here were very comfortable. The owners, Marion and Gerry, are very hospitable and friendly and made us very welcome. We had come here to meet up with my god daughter at nearby Bardsea, and Gerry very kindly gave us a lift there to give us a day off from driving. The house itself is very big and has several rooms, all well appointed, some in the attic too. The breakfasts were excellent, Marion is a great cook - but then domestic science was what she taught at school! The house is situated near the top of a hill, and lacks a sign currently, which made it difficult to locate, but we were told that one was being made so this particular problem should be solved. We had used the AA route finder for instructions to get here and for once it let us down badly, so don't rely on this. We were also told that sat navs are often unreliable too. The walk into town is short but does involve a steep hill. The car parking at the property is good but take care driving in through the stone gateposts to the drive as it's a tight swing to enter from the steep hill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

What an incredible place. The views are stunning, and the house is rich in character and 100% comfortable. The owners are ultra-friendly, and the breakfasts are out-of-this-world. I stayed in the attic conversion, which is a bedroom & bathroom (with jacuzzi) and sitting room. Free parking and free wifi. Really-the ONLY place to stay in Ulverston

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to St Mary's Mount Manor? Share your experiences!