“Nothing to shout about. Acceptable but not exceptional.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Braintree Essex UK
“Nothing to shout about. Acceptable but not exceptional.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ate here on my own. Chose it because it was the busiest of the 3 Indians in town.
Perfectly acceptable curry, but certainly not the best I have ever had.
Would try the others in the town before I went here again, but would not complain if taken here.
Service was good. Price about average.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Never been disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have eaten with family regularly since it opened and had lots of takeaways and I have never been disappointed. Don't let the poor reviews put you off trying it yourself - everyone has different opinions.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“uninspiring venue lacking in atmosphere, but good food and serrvice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you want good food and service but are not bothered about atmosphere, decor and ambiance this is the 'Indian' restaurant for you. Interesting & varied menu, well cooked and excellent service, but due to the building design (Obviously not their fault) this place has zero atmosphere - don't book here for Valentine's night! - Unless you are a minimalist, in which place it may very well appeal.

As usual alcohol was extortionately priced.

There are nicer & better similar places to eat in Ulverston. I would only go here if every other similar venue was fully booked.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Popped in on the off chance having not booked. Got one of last available tables. Food was okay, nothing wrong with it, but certainly not the best we have had. Also the service could certainly be improved.
Decent meal, but with other venues close by would try them first next time.

Visited September 2013
ULVERSTON
“Worst curry we've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Takes a lot for me to slate a restaurant because I believe there is always some saving grace, but in this case there wasn't. No excuse for poor service with an I don't give a damn, I'm going through the motions attitude. We went to save me from cooking and we'd never been before maybe we should have kept it that way. Grates me to spend hard earned money on truly poor fare too.

I had a tandoori as I'm trying to be on a low carb diet to say it lacked flavour and was cooked within an inch of its life is being favourable, I had to consume two glasses of wine ( not a carb) to swollow it.
My hubby whose from down sarf actually said his was vertically inedible and he's the type to eat anything if he's hungry and bless him he was but left plenty on his plate.
The service was in deed fast as they only had one other table occupied, so fast you couldn't draw breathe between them clearing the table and you have to stop them as you've not finished (don't you hate that ) and them bringing the next course beautifully nuked within an inch of its life. I think the whole experience lasted less than an
hour. We definitely won't be returning.

• Visited August 2013