“Not as good as it used to be!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Changed a lot since my last visit just over a year ago - food and beer have both gone downhill! Staff are unfriendly, chef was drunk and needed a wash - definitely won't be going back again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“DRUNK STAFF......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My Family have been here a few times as they LOVE the Ales on offer. The food was lovely and the waiters were good but service was very slow.

The chef however was so DRUNK I’m surprised he could stand let alone carve the meat.

This was the 1st time I have been and im not so sure i will go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Worst Meal and Attitude for a number of years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We pre-booked a table for two for Sunday Lunch, when we arrived our table had been squashed in between the fire and the bar with a view of peoples backs who were so close they were nearly sat on our table, we did ask to change but there was no other tables available, we also asked to see a waiter/waitress to order our meals. Nobody ever came to take our order even though we asked again and only when I walked upto the carvery to try to place my order was I informed that I had to order at the bar and was told I should have known that! So we proceeded to select from the carvery, the beef was rare which is fine with me and we selected vegetables from the carvery. We both had the beef and it was so tough and stringy that you could not cut it, the vegetables although there was a large selection were mushy and overcooked, the whole meal, although we tried was unedible. During all this time still no waiter/waitress made any attempt to come to our table but did find time to talk to each other but it seems not to the diners. We called the front of house person over and made our feelings known about the service and the meal, she did not seem that bothered and reluctantly offered me another meal but seeing the meal I had tried to eat in front of me, I was reluctant to accept this offer and we left the premises in disgust having paid for a meal and drinks that fell well short of any Sunday lunch we have had locally.
PS the beer was fine and as long as you dont want a nice table, do not want to be made welcome and do not wish to eat nice food; I am sure you will be fine!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Top notch eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just had Sunday lunch carvery. Hadn't booked as didn't realise it would be so popular but it was full. Managed to eat at drinking table not really designed for eating at but glad we did. Have already booked for next week to take some friends over and on the strength of today may well use it as a Midwest watery too.
Did I mention the beer? Lots of choice and it's good stuff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bulkington, United Kingdom
“It's a shame that some people have alternetive objectives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have eaten many times in the Wood Farm Brewery and been very happy. Whilst looking for more alternative places to eat on Tripadvisors in the area I have just read a just a recent revuve of Wood Farm Brewery!!
I do not normally bother to leave my views on Tripadvisor but in this case ........ can say THAT .... I have never had bad service or food there and in fact both have been excellent! ..... I would ask you not to take my view on Wood Farm Brewery BUT to look at the other reviews.

(HOW could anyone having such bad service be BOTHERED to one remembered the name of the person serving name them let alone there surname??? (have you ever seen anyone wearing a badge with a firstname and surname?)

Do not miss out on this opporunity

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere