“The very best restaurant in the area !” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“The very best restaurant in the area !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

A new and exciting restaurant in the are which i visited last week , great and innovative local food..

My steak and meal was the best quality , in the lakes , i have had for many a moon ! My steak was actually cooked the way I like it , something you don't get at all restaurants in the area
Friendly ,helpful and trained attentive staff , wide range of beverages , clean and comfortable, new and appropriate surroundings , for the type of cuisine on offer , to suit myself and my friends .

Excellent new place to eat , in a place with with so few decent eateries in the are , this place is for the more discerning customer . My friend , who live in the are , said it was the best place , to eat , around the Morecambe Bay area !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife has been to No 17 a couple of times with her girl friends and raved about it each time so I thought I had better give it a try. From walking through the door and seeing a local cask beer on sale I was sold on the place. The service was superb with all the staff being friendly. The menu covered all tastes and it was difficult to choose. I asked if the pork loin was crispy and got an assuring smile from our waitress. When our food arrived the portions didn't look so large but were more than enough. The presentation was fantastic and yes the pork loin had proper crackling. A word of warning though, unless you have a large appettite dont have the fish and chips. Whale and chips would be more like. One of our party had this and said it was the best fish and chips he had eaten. The wine was reasonably priced and we all felt it was great value for money.
Parking on the doorstep was another positive. The only thing that could have improved the experience would have been outdoor seating so we could have watched the local cricket match on the adjacent pitch while we had a pre meal drink.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Portions stodgy and over-priced, decor noisy and pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife, my mother and I dined at No 17 last Thursday evening (August 9) and while we appreciated the new venue, handy car parking etc, were very disappointed. The design and decor were hard and unyielding with the result that conversation was made difficult. Service was slow and unsmiling. The food, when it eventually arrived, was well presented but the portions far too large and therefore hard to consume. We are all vegetarian, with one ceoliac. This wasn't the problem the vegetarian choices were good and the chef put on a summer risotto for the ceoliac. But even the risotto was stodgy and made worse by the addition of haloumi! All three of us felt the prices were excessive and none of us had room for a dessert, which is surely poor planning? Smaller portions would have resulted in us ordering desserts and increasing the cover value.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Restaurant in a lovely town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Milnethorpe is a pretty town and this restaurant has added signifantly to the experience. Frequented by local people, informal service and sophisticated food. I had chicken which doesn't sound too exciting but it was absolutely delicious, crispy skin, very tasty sauce and great dauphinoise! Wine reasonable and make a good pymms!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic, the perfect evening out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I now frequent no 17 often, it is a fantastic establishment with great atmosphere and delicious food. It is a well lit setting and the layout is good as I don't like being to close to other dinners. In all the visits myself, family and friends have made we are yet to find criticism. I could not recommend highly enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere