I booked this hotel, based on previous reviews, and was not disapointed!. I was married on the 6th of June, and due to personal circumstances my wife and I could only get away for 2 nights so booking this hotel was in essence a short Honeymoon for us. Right from arriving we were impressed by the level of service, the receptionist came out to the car, and helped us with our luggage, and the porter parked my car, and then proceeded to take the luggage to our room. Whilst that was going on we were personally shown round the hotel and up to our room. I had emailed the hotel telling them it was our honeymoon and a bottle of decent champagne and fresh fruit was delivered to our room. I had booked a lakeside view with a jacuuzzi bath. Our Room were spacous, clean and well laid out. A very modern room with an old word theme. The hotel itself is charming, with a victorain feel, but also very modern too. We used the Spa, which to be honest is the best I have seen in any hotel. Mordern ,clean and well laid out. I was particualry impressed with the changing areas. Clean towels are provided, no paper towels, but clean face cloths. Shampoo dispencers in all shower compartments. The pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were excellent very bright and modern. There is also a gym, although I didn't use it it looked to a fairly high standard, if a little small. I work out 4 days a week so I know what I'm talking about!.
We ate in the hotel on the 1st night, as per prevoius reviews it isn't cheap, but to be honest it was worth the money as the food was superb and the service excellent. The General manager came out to our table and introduced herself, and congraduated us on our marraige. Its little touches like that that really makes your stay!
Breakfast was top notch and you have a fair choice, its self service for the uncooked food, plenty of choice. and you get a menu for cooked breakfast. Freshly sqeezed orange juice too! Plenty of toast and tea coffee also.
To sum up an amazing stay which for us was too short. We stayed on a Monday and Tuesday nights so it was quiet with not many children running about as in previous reviews. It is EXPENSIVE, no doubt about it, in my book I was prepared for it, and it was worth it. But it is well worth being aware of from the outset.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeside Hotel Newby Bridge
- Lakeside Newby Bridge
- Lakeside Hotel Newby Bridge, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking nothing but the Lake.....just a stone throw away from Lake Windermere, 4 star luxury hotel with 17m pool and the only Aveda Destination Spa in the UK. Choice of 2 restaurants, 2 rosette Lakeview and John Ruskins Brasserie offering a range of dining experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lakeside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.