“A step back in time in a good way.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 restaurants in Cartmel
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Preston, United Kingdom
“A step back in time in a good way.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a true old English pub. Felt as though we should have arrived by horse and carriage.
Only had a light lunch but really enjoyed the food and also a glass of house wine for the car passenger. The service was good and the staff welcoming
Arrived on a very wet day and found the log fire blazing in the hearth a comforting sight.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
hampshire
“Nice comfy pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We only stopped for a pint of ale and some chips but very nice they were. Comfy pub, lovely location.

Visited March 2013
Isle of Man
“Beautifully presented food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Enjoyed Sunday lunch in the Cavendish Arms last weekend - my friend chose the roast beef and I went for cod loin. Both dishes were beautifully presented, and tasted delicious. Atmosphere was good and staff were friendly - wine by the glass was on the expensive side, but all in all a good experience and we'd go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, UK
“Excellent lunch at the Cavendish Arms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a Monday lunchtime. We had the Steak & Ale pie and the Pheasant Sausages both were excellent. Children has the same but Children's portions and both scoffed the lot. Sticky toffee pudding & warm chocolate brownie with custard....delicious! Great coffee, fab service. We will definitely be back when next in cartmel.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A good lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have visited Cartmel a number of times and this was the second time we had lunched at The Cavendish Arms. We chose from the lunch menu (sandwiches and light lunches). I chose the smoked salmon and cream cheese and my husband the potted shrimps. The sandwich came with a choice of salad or chips - I was slightly surprised by this as a 'salad garnish' seems the norm these days. The food was excellent. My sandwich was well-filled with the salmon and cream cheese and having chosen the excellent chips I had to make do with the rejected pieces of cucumber from my husbands plate to supplement the piece of flat-leaf parsley adorning my sandwich. My husband enjoyed his shrimps which came with salad and brown toast. My husband drank a pint of locally brewed beer and we learned that it is possible to visit the brewery and be taken on a tour. We'll save that for our next visit to Cartmel.

• Visited February 2013