“So good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inglewood Guest House

Inglewood Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frizington
Inglewood Guest House
You added Inglewood Guest House to your Saves list
37 Rheda Park, Frizington CA26 3TA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Frizington B&B and Inns
Leeds
“So good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Clean, lovely room in a quiet peaceful area. We had the suite above the garage which has its own front door, mini kitchen etc. The guest house has sufficient parking. Breakfast was gorgeous with home baked bread, the honey is from their garden. Vegetarian breakfast was fab. Maggie is lovely, and I would highly recommend this guest house. We had tea at the Brook pub in Cleator which was heavenly.

Room Tip: Sloping ceilings in the room above the garage so not really for you if you are over 6 ft tall!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just had a 2 night stay at Inglewood Guest House as I was working in the area.
The 'host' Maggie Hopkins was very welcoming and helpful, what a pleasure nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
Room was perfect and spotlessly clean, bed was one of the most comfertable I have ever had.
Freshly cooked breakfast, served with home made bread etc - great start to the day!!
Home made 'cookie's' in room was another pleasent suprise and treat.
Would reccomend to anyone.
Maggie was a treasure.
Cant wait for next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a modern house set in a private residential area and we used to visit a relative. I stayed in an aprtment above the garage situated outside the main house.

The room was a it has to be said awkward, an attic conversion with sloping ceilings and I did keep banging my head. This was compensated by the privacy and the kitchenette provided with fridge, sink, cooking facilities very impressive. Particularly appreciated was the fresh milk provided rather than the sad plastic cartons which taste so disgusting in tea.
A point to note about this room was its access, situated above the garage it is reached via open stairwell so would not be suitible for an elderly or anybody unsteady on stairs. However other more accessable accomodation is also available inside the house.

The hostess was lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was excellent. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed at the Inglewood for three nights b & b, May bank holiday weekend. stayed in the little apartment, separate from the main house.Equipped with everything one could need, fridge, cooker ,microwave etc. fresh milk and tea, coffe , hot chocolate. Home made cake left for us every day. Breakfast in the main house was to die for, really set us up for the day. Maggie was a brilliant host, mine of information about area. Everthing spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Would go again in a flash.

Room Tip: Would recommend apartment for total privacy, peace and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thatcham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

As part of my coast to coast walk in May (2011), I was late booking, and so the pub in Ennerdale Bridge was full; as it turned out, i was glad it was!
I Arrived at The Fox & Hounds and called Maggie, who drove to the pub giving me time to have a well earned pint.
On arrival, i was immediately shown where i could put my laundry which would be ready next morning ( this may be dependent on whether Maggie is doing a wash). The room I had was the single. This was very clean, warm and the shower was perfect.
So the basics were covered. However, where this B&B excelled for me, was the homely hospitality given by the owners. After I'd showered and set my wet things to dry, maggie poured another guest and myself a glass of wine and since there were no walkable places to eat, we were offered dinner. Maggie's husband, Stef, is a fell runner and helped me with great advice on how to tackle my next days route in the wet (which it was) around Ennerdale water.
I have to say, had I not stayed here, I would probably have had a much less memorable experience. Thank you Maggie and Stef!

Stayed May 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

If you book apartment as we did, you get a key from the little house above the ground. You have a stairs taking you on first floor level. Really romantic. I loved it - like my personal little cottage :))

First, what you see, when you open the door is a little kitchen with pretty much everything - microwave, little oven with cooker, nice complimentary teas, coffees, hot chocolate ( by the way, really great belgian hot chocolate! - I came back to London and bought the same make straight away :)), milk in the fridge e.i.
Shape of the apartment is very irregular, because is under the roof - so be careful, don't hit your head. But I really loved the window in the roof - you can watch the sky from the bed...Little toilet has as well irregular shape, so really careful - don't stand up sharply...Very cute wardrobe - looks like small place but you can really fix everything in :) It is like a door to Narnia :)
Little kitchen is from the room devided by the door - which was really cool, because we came in horrible weather - it was windy and rainy - and first doors were " whistling ghost songs" in the wind :) but other doors blocked it absolutely. So we didn't hear it anymore.

We had a cute little flat screen TV and WI-FI. The apartment was really clean, inside of the room nice parfumed scent from little puff-parfumed bottle next to the shower.
Very neat and clean place.
Parking was in front of the house, very safe and secure.
Breakfast - really tasty, you can choose from the menu - in cozy dinning room inside of the house.

Only problem we had was to find a place in pitch black dark night. We had to call for help :)) - our sat nav couldn't get signal, my mobile, too. But The owners found us and brought us in very quickly, bless them :))
Really nice, interesting accomodation right between the sea sight and start of the Lake District.. Would definitelly come again :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thetford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed at Inglewood Guest House for four nights. Modern, clean and comfortable accommodation on a private road only a few miles from Ennerdale and Wast Water.
Maggie and Stefan were great hosts - friendly and welcoming, without being over-bearing.
Breakasts were great - a nice selection of cereals. I had the boiled eggs each morning - local and free-range with beautiful yellow yolks. Home-made bread for the toast and honey from Maggie's own bees. Really good!
Maggie makes a magnificant packed-lunch too.
A really nice touch was the home-made shortbread/scones left in the room each day.
The inclusion of a microwave and small fridge in the room is also useful if you don't want to eat out one night.
Overall, I found Inglewood to be a great place to stay, and it would be my first choice of where to stay next time in the West Lakes.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Inglewood Guest House? Share your experiences!