“Im very happy with them.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Low Cock How Farm

Low Cock How Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleator
Low Cock How Farm
You added Low Cock How Farm to your Saves list
Cumbria CA13 3AQ | Near Ennerdale, Cleator CA13 3AQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Cleator B&B and Inns
uk
“Im very happy with them.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I think that they did a exelant job I help with the horses for 18 months I learnt a lot. If I didn't go to Bradleys I would not have 2 horses of my own.if you want to know how to ride please go there they are very nice people aspshly Dorothy, George and Sahara they gave me time to help out even when not needed and Nately she really helped me and didn't lose her pashants over all Bradleys is sensational

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at 14 B&B's on our coast to coast walk, so we will only bother to review the best.
Very relaxing stop and we where welcomed with cake !
We ordered a takeaway so enjoyed not having walk into the village after a hard day.
Rooms where clean and cosy.
We would recommend this place highly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Dorothy is the kindest lady, she really looks after you but also gives you independence and space. I stayed there on my c2c walk. I stayed in the bunk room. It was cosy and warm. Just like something from Snow White fairy tale. There are beautiful horses and even though there aren't any evening meals available, there are take away menus you can order from.
The breakfast was marvellous. I opted in for a bowl of porridge and it was cooked beautifully and also very in nicely presented and served. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Dorothy gave us a warm Welcome and I stayed with my 3 Boys as part of Coast to Coast Walk in aid of Sue Ryder Hospice.
Dorothy even gave us a Donation for Sue Ryder which was so kind!
I can highly recommend a good night with an excellant Breakfast.

Room Tip: Expect a warm welcome anytime!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

After a very hot day walking form St Bees, we were very glad to arrive at our overnight stay. We were welcomed nicely with a pot of tea/ coffee and home baked cake. Once showered and sorted out in the bunkroom we were offered a can of cold beer, most welcome after a long hard days walk. We were the only people staying in the bunkroom, but there were other guests in the b&b accomodation. They do not provide evening meals but will tell you how good the local pubs are or supply you with menus for the local takeaways, most of which will deliver for a small charge. We opted for a takeaway as we were quite tired and ate it in the small dining/ kitchen area. Breakfast the next morning was very nice as were our packed lunches which we ordered the night before. If you get a chance to chat to George, you will be chatting for ages as he has many an interesting tale to tell :) All in all a very pleasant stay with great hosts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

In pouring rain we recently knocked on the door of Low Cock How Farm after our first day on the C2C. Dorothy made us so welcome. She turned on extra fires, took much of our wet gear off to dry, made us a pot of tea and even served it with amazing freshly baked biscuits. Nothing could have been more welcome...and the amazing thing is we were only staying in the dorm room!
The dorm is spacious, comfortable and warm with bedding provided. The bathroom is fine and the little kitchen area provided all we needed. We certainly enjoyed and appreciated our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Yes Low Cock How Farm is a working farm, so it isn't going to be the lap of luxury. We arrived a bit later than expected, but she served us tea and cake before heading out to do the chores that needed to be done. Dorothy got a nice fire going for us too and the beds were right comfortable.

Even though it is a working horse ranch, the sheets were soft and you could tell that the sleeping quarters and bathrooms were kept clean and tidy. The breakfast was delicious and so were the packed lunches they supplied. There was thought and care put into everything the hosts did for us and it was appreciated.

I only regret we came in too late to visit with the horses. I hope in the future, I can visit again and perhaps walk the grounds to see them. The ones we saw were beautiful and I could tell she takes good care of her herd.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Low Cock How Farm? Share your experiences!