“Best Indian in town by far” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Widnes
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in town by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Excellent warm and friendly atmosphere. Staff very attentive and quick service even though it was a busy night. Food was great. The waiter even asked how hot I wanted my Vindaloo. Good value deals at certain times. Can't fault it. Have been back a few times and every time is a consistently good. The owner even came and asked us if everything was ok and noticed we'd visited a few times. Well done Desaii's

• Visited March 2014

Warrington, United Kingdom
“5 STAR INDIAN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing evening with my friends, the food was absolutely lovely plus the £9.95 offer was on! The staffs were really friendly, I would say excellent service! Anddd we got the chance to meet the chef :)

Widnes, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service, bland food. Avoid.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'd eaten here many years ago and not thought that much of the place. On the recommendation of others, decided to give it another try. Wish I hadn't bothered. Staff were slow and uninterested, failing to get a simple drinks order of 4 cobras wrong and when corrected we were looked at as if it were our fault. On recieving our starters I noticed a hair on the plate, I discreetly called the waiter over and informed him. He apologised and I was given a fresh starter. However, the waiter that served said starter stood there and loudly declared twice that their chef had short hair and it couldn't possibly be his. I stated that I knew it didn't belong to myself as on trying to remove it I realised it was actually underneath the food (which had only just been put on the table) He walked away saying very loudly that it was a "female hair." Found this to be disgusting behaviour and caused a terrible atmosphere. We opted for the set menu, which would be good value for money if the main wasn't so bland. The service overall was unfriendly and extremely slow, made worse as we were only one of 3/4 tables in the place at any one time. We had to ask twice for the bill. Even after one member of the party had walked over to the bar to request it, there was no immediate rush to give it to us. Safe to say we didn't leave a tip. Friendliness and manners cost nothing. Certainly won't be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
liverpool
“Perfect Valentines night, a truely Excellent night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

After booking a a valentines meal at the Desi restaurant I was very happy that we were able to book a table a few days before Valentines day. My family have ate here since 2008 and have always spoke highly of the food and service. Myself and now, fiancé could not of wished for a better experience on our special day. Thank you so much . Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Awesome food as always. Great staff always come over to chat and say hello. They often remember what dishes and drinks you had even if it was several weeks or months since your last visit! Highly recommended.