“Fawlty Towers ?” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We take great pride in serving you the freshest, highest quality food possible. Every day we start out from fresh making our soups, salad dressings and sauces from scratch. We don’t cut corners and we don’t settle when it comes to authentic ingredients, we don‘t buy frozen food, we only use the best like our British steaks, our Stilton Blue Cheese, our toasted hand-cut croutons or our homemade chocolate sauce. At salt and pepper - steakhouse it's all about quality and all about the food and you our guest.
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Fawlty Towers ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

After receiving a leaflet through the door we decided to try this restaurant out last Saturday, even though we had read the reviews, we wanted to try it ourselves.

First impressions were good, definitely looks the part as you walk in, we were greeted and seated immediately by a friendly waitress who chatted to us as we settled in. She asked us if we were going to have wine and then proceeded to clear the table of unwanted wine glasses, and left us having taken the menus with her!

We had to stop a waitress and ask for some drinks, she disappeared so quickly we did not have time to ask for a menu.
After 10 mins my husband went to the bar himself and asked where our drinks were, he was told ours were next.
About another 5+mins we had our drinks! We were asked by another waitress whether we had ordered and we said we would love to if we could see a menu, she apologised brought us a menu and took our order.

Eventually after 50mins and a few complaints we received our food, minus some chips, but by that time it didn't seem to matter.
We had ordered rib eye steaks, and they were absolutely delicious.

June did eventually come across to our table and asked if everything was ok. When we said about the delay with everything she apologised and offered us a free drink each, saying that it was the staff that were to blame and that if we knew anyone who wanted a job to let her know.
We had to ask again for one of the free drinks as it never came.

The bill took a few attempts as well, by that time it was becoming hilarious, which is why I called this review Fawlty Towers as you couldn't write it!

I am sorry to say that we will not be going to this restaurant again, because the food was lovely, but I would not trust myself to keep my temper if we had a repeat of the fiasco that we had.

If this restaurant is still open in the next 6months I will be amazed, unless something drastic is done with the staff, and in fact the owner needs to wake up as well.

Jenny

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good and bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The good

The food at this restaurant was excellent. In fact the food was so good that we have been here 3 times. On all occasions I would say that the food is great.

The bad

The service is appalling.
We ordered a starter which never came, but was brought with the main.
The attention of the staff is non existent.
After arriving we waited ages for the drinks to be ordered and waited a hour for food..
The owner asked if all is ok? I told her my concerns to which she told us about the problems she had with staff and that she was held up in traffic on her way for two hours which coincidently was the same tale she related to us on the first visit.
We asked for the bill and after 20 mins the bill never came. We had to estimate what the meal cost left cash on table and left.

Conclusion

If you like good food, then this is the place to go
If you like reasonable service from the staff, then don't go.
We had 2 free drinks and a free desert as apologies.

If this restaurant could manage some sort of customer service it could be a great place to dine. The staff appeared to be untrained , unprofessional and somewhat chaotic.

Would I go again?

Well after three visits, great food non existent service. Probably not.
I gave them three chances because the food is excellent, the service never improved over the six months between visits.

Rob

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Awful didn't even get to the food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Went with my husband. We were given a food menu and then a waitress asked for our drinks order. I explained that we hadn't seen a drinks menu only to be informed that there wasn't one. We could have beer or red/white/ rose house wine. I then had to ask the price (£12.95) . The waitress told me that the red house wine was jack rabbit and that it was very nice. In the absence of choice I selected this. My husband took the safe option of a bottle of Peroni. Our drinks arrived. His a bottle of Peroni...fine. Mine a bottle of Blossom Hill that was opened before I saw the label. I again spoke with the waitress and said I had ordered the Jack rabbit, she said they had run out. I explained that I didn't want blossom hill and in that case would just have a bottle of Peroni.
I was brought a pint of draft lager rather than a bottle of Peroni. I explained to the waitress that I had asked for a bottle of Peroni. She took the glass away and returned with the same one saying that the boss said it was Peroni. I pointed out that my husband had a bottle and what he had looked quite different to what I had and she agreed.
WE GAVE UP AND LEFT.

Visited August 2013
“Ruined my dads birthday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival they couldnt get the disabled life to operate but managed to after about 15mins. Was sat waiting for a few mins for other people to arrive and they kept mithering us to sit at the table. It took the waiter 25mins to take our starter order and we were told not to order our mains until we recieved our starters which we thought was odd for 5 starters it took 45mins then when we odered our main meal it took 1 hour and 10 mins to get to us before which my aunt and uncle had to cancil there order becouse they had work the next day. My mother in law and sister went complain about the service and the manager had a go at them and wasnt very nice saying it was our fault for the long delay due to the amount of people there was ( only 12 of us) and we ordered wrong (waitress service). When our meal finally came after over an hour most of it was cold and side orders came well before steaks. My steak was not cooked to my liking so i asked for it to be cooked more which seemed too much like hard work. The owners daughter was allowed to pour wine and wasnt any older than maybe 7years old. This place completely ruined my dads birthday meal and they werent that bothered about it. Management was a disgrace and we will be very suprised if this place is this open by christmas.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Teething problems but still 5*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a Saturday night. Came in n was seated right away. First impressions were good. It is like a pop up restaurant but in a good way. Lovely food! I asked for my steak well done, came out wrong but was quickly rectified. Great presentation too. Enjoyed it and will be coming again! Liked the way June went around to everyone individually and spoke to them. Waiting on staff need to make themselves more aware of the menu and drinks though but that is my only criticism.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere