“Fantastic Food and Service once again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 82 Restaurants in Widnes
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Liverpool
“Fantastic Food and Service once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Once again a lovely meal from start to finish. All of our meals are lovely and I honestly do not know where the poor reviews on here are coming from. The waiters are exceptionally friendly and always ready to please giving advice on all varieties of tastes. The owners of the restaurant are very attentive to people and take great pride in giving an excellent service. A very friendly place with a nice atmosphere. We love it!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“Cold food and very poor quality meat. Good job you only get 4 cubes of chicken per dish.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have rated this restaurant poor as it is now the third time (but now last time) we have eaten here and been given cold food. I have to say that they are very good with regards to heating it up for you but it is just a consistant problem and very irritating. This time though, the problem was also with the quality of the food. The chicken was extremely poor quality and you only get 4 cubes in a dish. (a good thing actually when you realise that is it spongy, watery chicken with no flavour). The sauce in which the chicken was served was not good. We had a madras that tasted like curry powder mixed with water. I could have made better at home myself.

Apart from the mens toilets (which are a disgrace), the restaurant is actually quite nice. Good atmosphere. The lady who served us was very friendly and helpful, so from the service point of view we cannot complain. However, as the primary aim of the evening was to go out and enjoy a nice meal with friends, the quality of the food means that we will NEVER be returning. I suggest that if you do wish to visit this restaurant, you are honest with them when you get your food and tell them if you are not happy. I am sure they will correct things. Personally I would just rather not go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Never felt more unwelcome in a restaurant in our life! Avoid unless you are a masochist!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

We rang the Saffron and booked, we arrived and were not seated, merely scowled at, the place was empty aside from people in the bar waiting for the rest of their large, well 6, party. It was obvious they were the sole focus of the 2 staff. The staff were surly and hostile, they finally seated us, eventually brought our drinks and took our order, after an age brought the so-so food, the Stone Grill is a rip-off gimmick btw, then left the plates et al on our table til we eventually had to go and seek them out to request our bill. When I eventually found the staff they were sat on their arses playing with their phones, and these weren't 'kids' they were oldish guys who should know better! We never even managed to get a second drink as they just left us to our own devices. To sum up: the worst service I have ever experienced, never felt so unwelcome in a restaurant in our life, so no tip for these lacklustre chaps! We have never had a worse dining experience! So avoid, unless you are a masochist, the place may look pretty but all that glisters is most definitely NOT gold! Only rated a 1 as there was no -5!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool
“First class food - pleasant helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Not your usual run of the mill Indian restaurant. Helpful, friendly staff will always give you advice on what to choose from their extensive menu if you need it. Nice relaxing surroundings and excellent quality meat and produce. Never disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Ho hum!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Our first mistake was going on a Saturday night as the noise was HORRENDOUS!
Its is a well decorated place and quite pleasant surroundings. However we were told how lucky we were to get a booking as there were some parties on. Waitress didnt seem too happy that i was ordering 2 glasses of red wine rather than a bottle but I explained that I was driving.

The food was so so. I had a chicken dish with youghurt and egg Pilau rice that was brought out quickly and could have been left in the oven longer as it was rather tepid but was cooked. It was supposed have been a medium to hot curry but i found it quite mild and rather like a Rissotto. I had no lasting taste of spices afterwards and did not feel like I had eaten a curry. It was "cosmetic" Indian food but then maybe I had chosen the wrong dish. My wife however felt the same as I did.

The staff were a bit miserable as reported elsewhere and there were few of them for the amount of people in the place. I never left a tip as I didnt rate the service at all.

It may be popular with parties but if you want a quiet or romantic meal on a saturday night then I would suggest you find somewhere else. The noise is Aghhhhhhhhhh!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere