We drove past and were intrigued enough to take a closer look, as it really does look like an incredible place.
We decided have a coffee in the brasserie so we could find out more information on staying and perhaps having a meal there, however we were very dissapointed with our experience.
Firslty we were ignored, so we thought we had the wrong place, they then eventually told us to sit down and they would take our orders. The waitress came and took our drinks order, we thought they would come back and ask us for the food after, however and it took 20 minutes for them to serve us the coffee even though there was no one else there and 4 staff, the waiting staff just stood and chatted around us while we were waiting. They never bothered to come and ask us if we wanted to order any food. they were clearly young and inexperienced. During the time we did wait, staff walked in and out of a room behind us with something very noisy in it, perhaps a fridge or something, which they seemed to have no awareness of and didnt even bother to shut the door. It was actually so rediculous it made us laugh. The staff were also cleaning around us, it just felt so unproffesional, and to be honest felt like fautly towers. We were considering going there for a proper dinner, but we definately will not be going back. They could halve the amount of inexperienced waiters and employ people who actually gave a toss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK