“Most helpful staff I've come across in a hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Wild Boar Hotel to your Saves list
Wild Boar Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Whitchurch Rd | Nr Beeston, Tarporley CW6 9NW, England   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Tarporley
“Most helpful staff I've come across in a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Lovely 2 day stay at the Wild Boar. Beautiful building and very comfortable, warm room with a nice bathroom. Nice toiletries, big towels, generous supplies of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits. Every member of staff we met was a credit to the hotel, polite and friendly. On the second night we booked a table for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. As the hotel was so quiet, the table had been set out in the bar. As the restaurant is really elegant, I was disappointed we were going to be eating in the bar instead, especially as we'd invited friends to join us. I mentioned this to the restaurant manager in passing and he immediately opened the restaurant just for us! It made our evening so much more special. The food was delicious too. Also lovely staff in the on site spa. All in all we had a lovely time and would go back again.

• Stayed November 2012
Suzanne C, Manager at Wild Boar Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very kind words. The team at The Wild Boar like to ensure all our guests needs and requirements are met so that they may enjoy their visit to the hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to all the team members and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I hope that you will return to the hotel in the very near future.

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Boston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice hotel, nice room that was clean but not spotless. We stayed in May when it was really quite warm and for some reason the heating stayed on, which made for a stuffy night. However the room was a nice size, and the bed was very comfortable. However the evening meal, lovely though it was, was not value for money, and after two courses each we were both still hungry.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was lovely. On the first morning the hotel was very busy and breakfast was a buffet system, the following morning it was much quieter and full english breakfasts were cooked to order. Yes I would stay again, but dinner would take place elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Suzanne C, Manager at Wild Boar Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at The Wild Boar in May of this year and I would firstly like to apologise that you were still hungry after two courses at dinner. We often have comments from guests that our portions are too generous and as I am unaware of what dishes you ordered I am unable to offer you detailed feedback. Breakfast is served either buffet style or fresh to order as determined by numbers of guests staying in the hotel, however I am pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast with us. I do hope that when you require accommodation again in the Tarporley area you will visit The Wild Boar again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just back from a short two day break at the Wild Boar, I found the hotel and staff more than satisfied my expectations. Each member of staff that I any dealings with did more than could be expected, The food and service was first class. The full engish breakfast will keep you going all day. I found the room clean and well presented, all fitting were to a high standard and did not disapoint. The booking was made through a discount site We were with friends , both couples agree will return to enjoy another few days away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at The Wild Boar Hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your break away and I do hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel on future dates. I would also like to assure you that I will inform the team here at the Wild Boar of your very positive comments if I may assist you any further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nottingham, Notts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrived for a Wedding reception, which was fine because of the people not the tent!
However, that was not the problem - the room was. The sheets seemed like that had been slept in the night before by someone else - or at best were way past their best and the cleanliness of the room left a great deal to be desired, it is not good to find someone's hairband/scrunchy underneath a chair. To add to the problem, I mentioned the issues to the Housekeeper at reception and the only response my complaints was a rather tepid "I'm sorry".
Other people leaving the hotel heard our complaints and told us in the car park that they too had to ask for clean linen and their room to be cleaned.
Clearly, this could be a greta wedding venue but only if the quality of the lined and the cleanliness improve significantly. We will never stay there again

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback after your recent stay at The Wild Boar for your friends wedding and I would firstly like to assure you that all linen is of high quality and changed for all new arrivals into the hotel. All guest feedback is taken very seriously here at the hotel and I have discussed your comments with my housekeeping team to ensure that no future guests have a similar problem. I myself was on duty on the day, as I always am when there is a wedding on at the hotel and I would have been delighted if you had asked to speak to me directly in order that I could have organised a room move for you and I could have conducted a full investigation on the day. I do hope that if you require accommodation again in Tarporley you give us the opportunity of showing you the true warmth and hospitality the hotel has to offer. I would like to thank you again for taking the time to post your comments as without customer feedback such as yours I would be unable to improve the current standards and services at the hotel.

Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We held our wedding here in October 2012 and we would highly recommend the wild boar. The staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful. They could not do enough for us and our guests. The room was setup perfectly, just as we asked for and the food was magnificent. We had an adapted version of the carved buffet and all of our guests were stuffed!! The evening food was also excellent. The building also looks fantastic on the pictures and we feel we couldn't have chosen a better venue for our wedding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

thank you so much for the lovely comments and congratulations!!! It was our pleasure to host your wedding at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for years to come.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here as part of friends wedding. I booked the room via the website, assuming that this would be managed by the hotel. When confirming the reservation with the hotel, they did not have my booking as they explained that the website booking IS NOT managed by the hotel. They had taken the deposit money at the time of booking, however no room had been secured!! The room itself was average, with a large double and clean ensuite.The location of the ceremony was great as the building has a lovely character, they coordination of the entire day was well thought out and they had a seperate area for wedding guests away from normal hotel guests. The food, however, was awful. We had 3 courses that weren't that well cooked and the vegetarian option was left by all that had it and described as inedible. When the evening buffet arrived the food greasy and again undercooked. Certainly not what I expected for the price that I paid! I felt quite sorry for my friends whom had just pledged the love for each other in a lovely period property.

Room Tip: Family rooms on ground floor are quite close to the reception and restuarant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the confusion with your booking. We are linked to a number of websites that feeds information into our booking system and this may have been the cause of some confusion, however I do hope that the team member who dealt with you on arrival was able to correct this for you. The hotel hosts a lot of weddings during the year and we always have such positive feedback with regards to the food served, I am disappointed to read that on this occasion you personally did not enjoy it. If you would like to discuss, details further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at this character hotel and thoroughly enjoyed out stay. We went on a Moneysupermarket deal, so the value for money on a B&B basis was incredible.

The hotel itself is beautiful & well situated for Chester, Oulton Park and the Cheshire countryside. The room was large we'll equipped and reasonably clean/modern. Breakfast was good, with plenty of choice hot and cold choice.

We ate on 1 evening in the restaurant, where we found a varied and reasonably priced menu. My wife also had a treatment at the Spa, which again was a very good experience (if not excellent).

The only real downside is the service in the restaurant and bar of the evening! We went on a Sunday/Monday night, so the hotel wasn't full. Staffing for the bar/restaurant was therefore too thin, causing problems being served in either area. No complaint once we could get attention.

On a separate but related point, Emma on reception was a model of customer service. A great warm welcome and no request/question was too much. Always willing to help and go the extra mile. Thank you.

Overall, a recommended hotel, especially for one of the regular offers.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Wild Boar Hotel? Share your experiences!