“Great Find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tarporley
Winchester
“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My Partner and I recently stayed here after a day exploring Chester - we had decided not to stay in the city centre and were very pleased with our choice when we arrived at this beautiful hotel. The Staff were very welcoming and our room spacious and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant (I don't think I have ever met such a helpful and efficient waiter!) and the quality of the food was excellent. Only a couple of tiny things I would point out, there was no music in the restaurant or bar, which considering how small and intimate it is meant we felt we couldn't really talk much during dinner so as not to disturb the other customers. Also the bathrooms could probably do with a refit, but nothing major. Overall a charming hotel, and I think we would definitely return when back in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
willingtonsi, General Manager at Willington Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Gorman89,
Following your recent review of Willington Hall Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hall in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
sami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Hi,
We had our wedding at Willington Hall on 31st August 2013 and had the most amazing time.
I could talk about prices and everything else, however I realise there is a lot of reviews on this website and no need to go into it all.
I am an ex wedding co-ordinator and trust me, I have seen a lot of venues and by far, Willington Hall has the whole package.
We were greeted by Michelle who would do anything for us and looked after the whole party.
The grounds are beautiful and main room inside set the scene for the evening party.
If I could have my wedding day all over again, I would choose Willington Hall.
Not many people know about the venue, due to its location, which is a lovely thought, as not many people have been to the venue.
Thank you again to the whole team who made our day VERY special indeed.
x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear samitrip,
Thank you for choosing to spend your wedding day with us here at Willington Hall. Congratulations to you both and I hope you are enjoying married life.
It is fantastic to hear that our Restaurant manager Michel looked after your every need, I will pass on your personal thanks to him. Your comments have been passed on to the rest of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Willington Hall soon!
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

a delightful hotel tucked away in a quiet corner of Cheshire. Beautiful building, and setting, and very comfortable to stay. Key element was the staff - particularly front of house on arrival and the restaurant staff at dinner. Breakfast service was a little more 'brusque'. Though there seemed at time to be some dislocation between the kitchen and the dining room, when it eventually arrived the food was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bredman,
Thank you for submitting your review of Willington Hall. It is lovely to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your kind comments to the front of house team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hall soon.
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night and was very pleased indeed. My room was enormous and as I was travelling alone I felt very spoilt. The staff are exceptionally friendly, the food excellent and the grounds are well manicured. I'll definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
willingtonsi, General Manager at Willington Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear RedzerH, thank you for posting your recent review of the hotel. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and my staff made your visit friendly and enjoyable. I will pass on your comments to the kitchen and I look forward to welcoming you back to Willington Hall soon!
wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were here earlier in the Summer for a family wedding - beautiful location and from the outside the building looked amazing. The wedding service was held in "The Temple" which was lovely but lacked any shade on one of the hottest days of the year. We had two rooms booked for the evening (number 10 and 11?) both rooms were above average in size, slightly dated with more updated bathrooms. However I find it strange that half the bathroom floor was tiled and the other half was floorboards. The finishing touches on the joinery in both rooms left a lot to be desired. There was also a damp patch on the walls and peeling wallpaper. These rooms would not be suitable for anybody with mobility issues as it involved a steep staircase with a heavy fire door at the bottom of the stairs.

Breakfast the following morning was average but I was surprised that there was no menu and a cooked breakfast was brought out for all of us regardless of our requirements, with one member of staff to serve us.

Its the location that sells this place but it is in need of some redecoration.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lego364,
Thank you for submitting your review of Willington Hall. I am pleased that you appreciated the building as a venue for weddings. I have referred your comments to our maintenance team and I assure you it is something that has now been looked into. In terms of the location of the civil ceremony and the menu choice, this is a decision that we allow the bride and groom to make.
I hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again in the future, however if you would like to discuss matters further please do not hesitate to contact me.
Conwy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in the Willington Hall function room for this event which was, on the whole, well organised. Plenty of Staff to look after us and nothing too much trouble. Three course lunch was delicious. Goats cheese on a bed of beetroot to start. Then a plentiful cooked and roast salmon with tiny new potatoes and root vegetable mash. Dessert was a jellied cocktail with ice-cream. The wine flowed and we were well cared for. Later we had a traditional afternoon tea which was delicious too. Lovely grounds to this venue. The main building was rustic and romantic.. Would like to stay overnight next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carolyn F, thank you for submitting you review of Willington Hall Hotel. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the food and overall atmosphere in our Hamiltons function room. I look forward to welcoming you back to Willington Hall in the future; hopefully you will have an opportunity to stay in one of our bedrooms next time!
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a large party for the monthly Pudding Lunch and was great fun (so long as you enjoy a large variety of puds!) It was a beautiful day which always helps and the grounds of this hotel are lovely. the service is second to none and the surroundings are delightful.

Our lunch was beautifully cooked and the portion size was just right, baring in mond that we had to sample, I think, seven puddings, all of which were absolutely delicious. We will be going again very soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pamdob, thank you for your recent lovely review of the hotel and our ever popular Pudding Lunch! I’m glad you enjoyed your meal, I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Willington Hall soon!

Been to Willington Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!