“Bakers Dozen, it means just that. 13 Baked Goods in a day!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Attractions in Tarporley
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Cheshire Cooks is located in a converted Barn in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. It is a unique venue offering a fresh approach to cooking with exciting classes that emphasize hands-on cookery and inspirational teaching, using top quality seasonal, local produce. Whether your aim is to cook for pleasure, learn to cook as a professional, or enjoy a team building exercise with colleagues, our tutors will offer courses designed to suit the complete novice through to the experienced enthusiast. Combine your course with an overnight stay at the Lakeside Barn.
Congleton
“Bakers Dozen, it means just that. 13 Baked Goods in a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

An excellent day in an excellent setting. I attended the Cheshire Cooks 'Bakers Dozen' Course, and what a great day it was. The knowledge of the staff was second to none, and great hospitality from them. It was like I have known them for years. The course itself was very informative with a lot of skills and techniques learnt. It was baking from the start of the day right to the end, and my car boot was full of baked goods to take home at the end of the day. Consisting of Tea Loaf, Lemon Dizzle cake, cup cakes, bakewell tart, cheese and onion loaf, pizza, chocolate ecclairs and much more. A Fantastic course for anyone with a passion or interest for baking.

Visited April 2012

cheshire
“No fuss entertaining course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I attended the above course yesterday - 7th March - which was a birthday present given to me by my husband and what a terrific time I had. I was greeted by Philip and met Pam and Neil and had a coffee before we started cooking. The relaxed atmosphere made the day a real fun day but very informative, and I found it very inspirational. The meals I prepared were very impressive and tasted fantastic, and were suitable for either every day meals or entertaining. Lots could be prepared in advance so time could be spent with guests rather than in the kitchen. Overall a very enjoyable day in a superb setting, I would thoroughly recommend this course, and Cheshire Cooks in general.

Visited March 2012
birmingham
3 attraction reviews
“thoroughly enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

what a fab christmas pressie I was given.my sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days with Neil and Philip.as with their hotel and restaurant everything was beyond our expectations and we got our ingredients on the way home to re create the delicious dishes we made and ate.we are already discussing plans to return for tapas

Cheshire
“Everything you need to about fish and soufflé for afters.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I was given a day course as a Christmas present as I like cooking, but which course there are so many and all look interesting.
I chose the fish and shellfish.
On arrival we were greeted by Philip, offered coffee and invited to explore the beautiful converted barn that was our venue. There were pots already bubbling in the kitchen.
Within 10 minutes dressed in our aprons we were handling live lobsters and prawns. We filleted sea bass,salmon and turbot and prepared squid.
After a short break we were back into the miraculously cleaned kitchen dressing cooked crab, lobster and mussels using the shells and cooking water to make the base for the bisque.
Just to get away from the fish for a moment we made our goat's cheese in breadcrumbs lunchtime starter. Then we used some of the fish fillets and shellfish to make the main course.
Back again into the kitchen to make my very first soufflé.
Looking back we covered a lot of ground but at no time did we feel rushed or under pressure. Philip is very approachable and knowledgable and is always open for questions. He has an easy and relaxed manner which made for a very enjoyable day.

Visited January 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great Learning Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had the opportunity to attend Cheshire Cooks for a day's culinary course. We wondered what we would learn as we do most of our cooking at home. We were very pleased to learn lots. We were given demonstrations and given the opportunity to make ourselves bread, starters, mains, desserts and taste and eat our own creations under the expert and pleasant guidance of Philip and Neil. Not at all a dull teaching experience but a good and enjoyable learning exercise for all involved, both ourselves and two novice students.

The kitchen is laid out for six to eight students maximum with nothing fancy or ultra-professional required. The focus is on cooking that everyone can do themselves at home with "saucepans available from Tesco for five quid". We learned many good pointers as did our co-students from dealing with crab, lobster, and prawns, to filleting fish, boning lamb, making souffles, and starting bisque broth.

We look forward to trying other courses at the Chesire Cook school. We understand there are many other options available and taught by several different but expert chefs. We would heartily recommend taking part in this culinary experience.

Visited January 2012