“New landlady of red lion, EXPLAINS.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn, Little Budworth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarporley
Red Lion Inn, Little Budworth
You added Red Lion Inn, Little Budworth to your Saves list
Vicarage Lane | Little Budworth, Tarporley CW6 9BY, England   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Tarporley B&B and Inns
cheshire uk
“New landlady of red lion, EXPLAINS.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would like to introduce myself my name is andrea spence I am the new landlady of the red lion inn at Little Budworth, I would like to go on to explain my situation with regard to wowcher deals before I do so I would like to state how very sorry I feel for all the inconvenience caused with regard to these deals.

A small country public house business would find it difficult in most cases to sustain such deals, therefore as it stands I was not in a position to offer such deals or indeed honour the previous landladys financial obligations. This was in fact explained to Natalie the previous landlady who should have notified everyone of this as and when she decided in march to leave the red lion.

However if you are looking for a traditional country pub deep in the heart of the Cheshire countryside I am able to offer b/b with superb bedroom accommodation, good homestyle food and great hospitality at a very reasonable rate in the beautiful village of little budworth..

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

All the negative comments about the Red Lion are about the previous landlady. I have visited the Red Lion several times since the new landlady Andrea has taken over. The pub now has a wonderful atmosphere and a very caring landlady who is there to see that you have a great time at the Red Lion. She cannot be expected to honor the low cost deals made by the previous landlady the booking were made with a low cost deal site and they should be asking the people who they made the deal with for a refund. Again it is nothing to do with the new landlady Andrea. Andrea has taken over the red lion in a very poor state from the previous landlady and has already made it a place to visit and stay in a charming Cheshire village. Good look Andrea and I hope all the totally unfair comments made about you and the Red Lion are soon forgotten.
I also note people have been giving low ratings for the pub when they have not even stayed there!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

me and my wife stayed at the the lion in little budworth, upon arrival we had a nice warm happy welcome by the new land lady Andrea, she showed us to our room which was very clean, a bit later we came down in to the bar where we met the locals which were also very welcoming after a chat with everybody we then had a meal which was out of this world very fresh and home cooked , i especially like the home made chips, we couldnt of had a better night by the time we left in the morning we both felt like we were apart of the village.
what a lovley place with lovley people.
WELL WORTH A VISIT cant wait to go back
thankyou to all at the red lion

Room Tip: rooms are all very quite
durham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My hubby and I booked a rm via Wowcher over 8 months ago we were due to stay there Sun 30th June 2013 for 2 nights but 6 days before my holiday the old land lady rang up to say the new land lady would not honour the booking, i was very angry as I was left with very little time to sort out a new holiday and find the extra cash for a new holiday we did manage to find a new holiday on Groupon but we had to pay more money that we really didn't have. I did feel sorry for the old land lady as she had over 200 people to cancel, I used to work in hotels and this is not how you treat people yes the deal was really too good to be true I doubt they would of covered their costs but you would make money on food and drink now this new land lady has a bad name for herself and I doubt with all the bad reviews going on here she will be able to fill those rms good luck as you are going to need it, THANKS AGAIN FOR CAUSING US STRESS AND NEARLY RUINING OUR HOLIDAY.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
warwickshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We too had booked with wowcher last November and it was a Christmas present for my husband, myself and two older daughters.We were due to go in just over two weeks time and had all booked our holidays off work months ago. We had also arranged to go up to Liverpool and do the beatles tour as my daughter is a big fan.It sounded a real bargain and with the afternoon tea and zoo tickets also thrown in was going to be a lovely break. We had a phone call from Natalie around two weeks ago saying that the new owner was not going to honour the wowcher deals.We were all very disappointed and I rang wowcher who refunded me by cheque even though I paid on my debit card.I have also rang the new landlady to see if there was anything she could do , she did offer a slight discount but nothing like the wowcher deal. I did ask her how this has all happenend and she said that Natalie should have carried on with the pub till august and so we would have been able to use the voucher. It seems as though Natalie has just up and left and left all this mess behind her I also noticed from previous reviews on here that the pub has been going down hill for a while before Natalie left.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My review mirrors the below two reviews. I booked a 2 night stay for 2 including afternoon tea, breakfast and tickets to Chester zoo back in November last year and I was due to stay with my partner in August this year, my friends also booked the same deal and were due to stay in September. 8 months after the booking we both received a phone call from the current landlady on 28th June to say that she was leaving and the new landlady had decided not to honour the wowcher booking - - WHAT A JOKE! Firstly I can’t believe that she would be allowed to do this considering the fact that these were booked and paid for IN FULL over 8 months ago!!!! And I don’t know why she would want to start off on such a negative point. There seems to be a lot of people that will now be out of pocket due to her being greedy and wanting to make more money from the rooms! We had all booked time off work and made travel arrangements and have spent the last week trying to get a refund from wowcher with no sign as yet when this will be received!

THIS WOMAN CLEARY HAS NO EXPERIENCE IN THE HOTEL BUSINESS AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE VIEWS OF POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE RUNNING A HOTEL OF ANY KIND AND I URGE EVERYONE TO AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Considering that mine is the third review with the same complaint I would love to hear what the new landlady has to say about this farce and urge her to reply to these comments with her side of the story . . . I am not holding my breath on this though!!!!

Staffordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My comments echo the last reviewer we booked this deal in November 2012 for 2 couples and paid in full. My friend and her partner were due to stay 2 nights in August and my partner and myself in September. We too had booked holidays at work and were looking forward to our pending Vists. Out of the blue last week we both had phone calls from the existing landlady explaining she was leaving an the new Land Lady would not honour our bookings??!! . What sort of Service is that?? I am appalled that this lady can do this when our money has been taken over 8 months ago. We are still waiting for our refund from Wowcher how long that will be I don't know. I really hope that my experience and the last reviewers puts anyone off booking this hotel. This lady does not deserve to get any new business and I hope she can sleep at night . What actual experience she has in the hotel hospitality industry I don't know, but I think she needs to go on every course going. Bad Service in every way. PLEASE DON'T GIVE THIS GREEDY WOMAN ANY MORE CUSTOM.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Inn, Little Budworth? Share your experiences!