“Nice food nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cheshire
“Nice food nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Revamp and new owners have refreshed this venue...food was very tasty and service good...although a firm tapas favourite of mine is chorizo in red wine ...when ordered this was a little undercooked and the pieces were cut too large ..it seems silly writing this and its a little gripe, but solely this dish just needed a little more bite to be perfect...I will still gladly return to this modern slice of Spain in Sandbach :D

Visited December 2012

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Expected more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

New little tapas bar in town that has been getting rave reviews, well I wonder if the reviewers have even eaten real Spanish Tapas? This place is pleasant but nothing special, food was reasonable, service just about acceptable (there was only 5 people on two tables in the restaurant but the waitress still had to be called but the kitchen) but we never really had to wait. It is typical of the way mid priced restaurants in England are these days, staffed by sixth former's, wh do just enough without any knowledge of what foods they're are serving and little interest other than finishing and getting home.
£35 for lunch for 2 is pricey and the quality mediocre, will I go back, unlikely

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Sheer class!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ate at the restaurant this Saturday. It was a birthday meal for 2 of our party and we couldn't have had a better experience. Food was excellent (I would strongly recommend the king prawns). All the staff were excellent and friendly, making our evening perfect. Great to see the managers working as hard as the staff to make every customer feel at home. A busy night for them which did not affect the service which was excellent. Worth every penny and would recommend booking you table now and get down their to support this locally run business.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went there last night to celebrate a couple of birthdays!
It was a superb evening. The standard of food superb and couldn't be faulted.
All waiting staff were very efficient and polite.
It was a thoroughly, enjoyable gastronomic experience.
We will return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
F'wood
“Highly recommended - will definitely return soon!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I should start by saying that I’m a huge lover of Spanish cuisine; having had the immense pleasure of dining at the legendary El Bulli, as well as the equally brilliant Tickets, and also, more recently(and a lot closer to home) the fantastic Barrafina, it’s fair to say my expectations for this new restaurant were pretty low.

Arriving at the restaurant my sense of trepidation about what might lay ahead briefly threatened to ruin what turned out to be a fantastic evening. Firstly, when we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly looking waiter. I explained that we hadn’t booked which didn’t appear to a problem – they cleared a table promptly and we sat down. At times throughout the evening, the waiters & waitresses appeared to be a little rushed and preoccupied but otherwise offered a good level of service.

The menu had a good selection to choose from. I ordered two dishes, meatballs and a selection of olives, whilst my friend went for the paella, which I also tucked into! I have to say the food was a bit of a revelation. Fresh tasting, bursting with flavour and decent sized portions. The olives were good, though not the best I’ve ever tasted but the meatball dish was delicious. The paella also was packed full of flavour and is highly recommended. To finish, we both ordered the churros and chocolate which were scrumptious and decadent, if a little too filling.

All in all, I left this new establishment very satisfied. The service was good, if a little rushed, but the food was the standout. I know people have mentioned it being overpriced but in fairness I thought the menu was well priced for the quality of the food and for the area the restaurant’s in. I can’t comment on the wine list as I don’t drink but I will definitely return to this restaurant whenever I’m passing through.

• Visited January 2013