Whilst reviews are usually about the show-stopping mains, I'd like to highlight some of the lesser-mentioned reasons to visit the Park Lane Deli.
1. The dips. The hummous in particular is, if not home made, as delicious as if it were home made. It's tangy, with the right amount of garlic and lemon, and drizzled with tasty, lively olive oil - no doubt selected from their plentiful supplies in the deli. The Zattar also definitely worth a try - piquant and vibrant.
2. The bread - taken from the secret supply of fresh baguettes and flat breads sold in the deli, the bread served with dips or as a side is delicious! Don't forget to drop in to take some home - or some danishes or croissants also fresh and available. What an oasis in a baked-goods desert this place is!
3. The dessert - particularly the Olive Oil Icecream with home made candy floss. This has to be tasted to be believed. It is really delicious. The sweet-yet-savoury olive oil icecream has the most amazing creamy texture, and combined with the sweet bite of the candy floss is a taste sensation! Just make sure you put them together on your spoon to get the best effect.
4. the selection of wines and whiskies: impressive! From also a nice little belgian beer collection, all of which can be had as dine-in or bought to take home. This place makes giving in to temptation so easy and so delicious!
5. The friendly hosts - we eat here or shop here on a semi-regular basis as we're seriously lucky to be around the corner, and the owners of the park lane deli are laid back, friendly and have zero attitude which makes you feel right at home. Last time we ate there, we were paying at the counter and they generously gave us a gift of bag of croissants for breakfast. Brilliant.
Definitely eat here, and try everything .
If you own or manage Park Lane Wine Deli & Eatery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.