“Disappointing Lunch” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Disappointing Lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This was our first, and probably last, visit to Gee's.

The service was OK, the waitresses were smiley and attentive. However I did have to ask for my side of fries twice, and they still didn't arrive. We were not charged for them, and the excuse was that they were busy!

I ordered their posh fish finger sandwich and my friend ordered the chilli beef jacket potato. If I were to guess I'd say they had nipped out to the local supermarket and picked up some value fish goujons and a tin of beef chilli. The 'soft white bread' for the sandwich had the texture of the previous night's left over baguettes and I doubt that the potato had seen anything other than the inside of a microwave. Not what I expect for £7.50 and £5.50 respectively. With two teas and two lattes the bill came to £21.

This is Sandbach, not an upmarket cafe in manchester or London. Not good value for money at all.

Other than not paying for the fries we didn't get no other discount was offered, dispute me being clear about our dissatisfaction.

The ownres need stop being complacent about their clientele. That's why the previous restaurant there closed down. High prices are fine if the food, service and atmosphere are all of a high standard. Sadly that's not the case at the moment.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Sandbach
“Still doing well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We're regular visitors to Gee's, and we're always delighted by the really good, imaginative, well presented and beautifully served food. It's wonderful to have an opportunity to eat such beautiful desserts! We feel very fortunate to have Gee's locally, and still feel that it rivals the best food that Manchester has to offer.

• Visited January 2013
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Geeeez - great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having checked out Gee's for lunch one afternoon, I went there on a Saturday night for food and drinks. The food was exquisite with a certain elegance in the manner in which it was served. Without the pretense of an expensive 5 star London restaurant, the food quality did justice to the relatively unknown restaurant near the centre of town with all of the qualities of an establishment where one would expect to pay much more.

I had the salmon and she had the chicken. Both were presented very well indeed with enough sauce and spice to add a little je ne sais quoi to the dish.

Dessert was light, flavourful but not overwhelming. I have returned since for lunch and afternoon tea. This is a great restaurant and a hidden little gem within Sandbach.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheshire
“Hard work by staff rewarded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

On the first day of reopening of Gee`s after the closure for Christmas, my wife and I planned to have lunch from the main menu with our family who were to return to their respective homes in the south later that day.
Imagine our horror when, after calling in at Gee`s in the morning to conrfirm their opening time, we were told that there had been a problem in the kitchen during the break. The owner duly warned us that the menu unfortunately would be severely limited but all efforts would be made to produce what they could in the short time before we planned to dine.
We did not consider going elsewhere and had complete faith in the staff as we had eaten at Gee`s on many occasions in the past.
When we dined, all of us ordered different main courses but we were assured that the staff had managed to make the dishes available. As expected, all meals were faultless and presented to their usual high standard.
As a result of the hard work put in, pleasure and relief in equal measure were clearly evident from the demeanour of both staff and diners ! Well done to all concerned.

• Visited December 2012
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Always a great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is my No. 1 place to eat in Sandbach. Always an excellent choice on the menu, attentive service and I get the impression of food prepared from quality ingredients with attention to detail. Good value too. I have not eaten there on an evening but have always been impressed when I have been in for breakfast and lunch. The only minus is the location, down a bit of an pedestrian thoroughfare between Waitrose and the high street, so don't expect to see much of a view - great for people watching though! Recommended.

• Visited December 2012