“Worth another go ...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to La Casa Vecchia, Sandbach. A true taste of Italy in Cheshire... Serving up traditional Italian Food since 1989, 'La Casa Vecchia' (The Old House) is a family run restaurant with a team of Italian chefs and waiters. Our wide range of freshly cooked meals are based on long established Italian recipes brought up to date by our brigade of professional, classically trained chefs, creating contemporary Italian cuisine. We use the finest Italian ingredients, simply combined with the highest quality local produce. ...Pure Italian at it's best. Explore our site to discover our wide range of excellent dishes, specials, fine wines and desserts. We hope you enjoy your meal.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth another go ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went to this restaurant yesterday with my wife, expecting fine things after most of the other reviews.
The restaurant itself is very Italian in a slightly-over-the-top, is-this-still-the-80s sort of way - but I kind of liked that. The "mistake" (not sure that's the right word) was in ordering the early-bird dinner: £13 for 2 courses including a small glass of wine. Starters: fishcake & bruschetta; mains risotto and cannelloni. Now they were all nice, "like mama used to make", with apparently very fresh ingredients (based on the taste of the tomato on the bruschetta). But I'd expected more given other reviews - I'd expected to be blown away, and I wasn't. This may simply be because we ordered the "cheap" food, rather than some of the a la carte content. So I'll go back again, this time with the kids as there are plenty of pizzas and "small" mains for them to choose from. But I wouldn't choose that ambience for an expensive meal out, even though some of the mains looked very expensive!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Wasn't disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My partner and I have been meaning to eat here for a while now.
We went on Saturday evening and it was busy. We couldn't complain. The service was excellent and the food lived up to our expectations.
If you are interested in a lovely Italian meal then give it a go. We will definitely be returning.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went for an early evening meal to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Our pizzas arrived and mine had a very burnt base. It was replaced but it meant that my husband and I effectively ate our meals separately. It was disappointing that there was no offer of a complimentary drink (or similar) whilst I was waiting for the replacement meal. We were charged for the full amount too. All a bit sad really, as we have had a couple of good meals there in the past.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Biddulph, England, United Kingdom
“Impressive !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and very accommodating, we phoned and they got us in straight away without booking (though this is recommended).
Really efficient service, but not pushy, meals cooked and served promptly, never have to wait between courses.
Truly authentic Italian food, with some nice and unusual specials.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandbach
“Delicious Italian food - a proper gem! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Myself and my fiancée discovered this gem a few months ago after moving to Cheshire & we are now regulars. The restaurant is often busy & bustling so the atmosphere is fun & lively & the food is traditional Italian & is fantastic! We have taken family & friends there too & so far everyone has really enjoyed it too. If you like Italian food and you haven't tried it yet, give it a go!