“Beyond belief bad!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prestbury, United Kingdom
“Beyond belief bad!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

We went for dinner to this "Prestbury institution" on Friday 26th August and I can confidently say that this was the worst meal I have had in a restaurant in at least 10 years of regular dining.

As someone who has been in hospitality for over 15 years, both front and rear of house, I was amazed at the lack of prefessionalism and skills. Most of the waitning staff are foreign and have little command of the English language not to mention necessary training.

Let me just mention that the average price for starters is £10 and the average main course is £20 so we are talking about a restaurant that promotes itself at the highest level.

I had a main course described as an assiette of seafood that consisted of halibut, monkfish, seabass, 2 prwans and 2 green lipped mussels. The dish had been cooked under a grill until the sea bass skin was black, the mussels and prawns were of a rubber consitency and the whole dish was rendered inedible. The ingredients of this dish were neither fresh nor cooked with any skill whatsoever.

On discussing these faults with the manager, he then disappeared into the kitchen and returned to tell me that "the chef has always served this dish that way" "you mean he burns it all the time?" I said. "Look around you we are busy" the manager said to me. I looked around and saw a half empty restaurant at 9.00pm on a friday night!!! ".

Take my word for it.......go to the Whitehouse, the Legh Arms, Prestbury Village Restaurant, Nice Restaurant.......they are all infinitely better.

My advice to The Bridge is that if you are to market yourself as a top class hotel and restaurant then you cannot do this on the cheap. Please invest in training for your staff, a decent chef and fresh ingredients then you will be nearly there!!

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)

Been to Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bridge Hotel

Address: The Village, Prestbury SK10 4DQ, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Cheshire > Prestbury
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bridge Hotel Prestbury, Cheshire

If you own or manage Bridge Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.