“3rd Stay will do so again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stylish Saturdays
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Prestbury
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“3rd Stay will do so again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was accompanied by a colleague to meetings in the area so, as I was from this area, I thought I would impress him, rather than the usual "standard format" hotels stay somewhere a bit different.

Reception was perfect and efficient.

My colleague was impressed that were shown to our rooms rather than the old – “rooms are that way and lift over there routine”….
Rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. Wi-Fi through out too
Being in centre of the village it’s handy for the Pubs and the restaurants. ,,, And breakfast was excellent. If you are in the area stay here. You will enjoy it…

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portadown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Whenever I am in the area I stay at The Bridge en-route to Belfast. The hotel has been in the family for years and is still run by Mrs. Grange. The reception staff are long-serving and friendly and the restaurant manager is professional and discreet and the sommelier knows his wine. All regulars are known by name and welcomed warmly - just as it should be. They always arrange for me to have my favourite room!

If you can afford it, do stay in the old part of the hotel, as the rooms are so comfortable. The other rooms are very nice also, and reasonably priced.

If you are staying for a few days, ask for a half-board rate: it's well worth it, and dining in the restaurant every night is a pleasure. Sunday lunch is a great traditional English dining experience.

The set meal is very reasonable, but it's well worth it to dine off the carte: there are some great dishes, including Dover Sole. Don't be afraid to ask the sommelier advice on a suitable wine: it won't break the bank and a good claret is very reasonable.

Like most great chefs, he can be a temperamental and doesn't take criticism well. However, this is a small point and one bonus is that he understands that many traditional fold like well-cooked vegetables and will provide them on request!

The breakfast buffet is well-presented, and the breakfast cook competent. It would be good to see porridge that is not instantly cooked, but traditionally made; but I suppose that so few people request it that it would be a waste to make it the night before in the traditional way. So few hotels nowadays even know how to cook porridge correctly.

Room Tip: A room in the old hotel is my preference
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Had Sunday lunch with friends - first class from start to finish. I had the roast lamb and believe me it was just great.
Staff very courteous and friendly, would struggle to find anything negative about the Bridge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband & I had our wedding at the Bridge in September and it was absolutely amazing!
Our room was comfortable & clean, and the food is delicious, really lived up to its reputation.
The weather was a definite help as we could spend lots of time on the patio and in the very photogenic gardens!
The hotel itself was small enough to be intimate, but was professionally run - All the staff were extremely helpful & friendly and we felt very much at ease and several guests have mentioned how much fun they had, so thanks to everybody!
Very much recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a wedding in Prestbury and were looking for a place to stay that was cosy, value for money and near the wedding reception venue. The bridge ticked all of these boxes and more. The house dates back to the 1600's, hotel staff are lovely and accommodating and breakfast was substantial and satisfying. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Highly recommend this b and b.

• Stayed September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have just come back from a weekend at The Bridge, 2 of our lovely friends had their wedding reception there. Friday night we ate in the restaurant there was an offer 3 course for 2 plus as bottle of wine for £40 the food was delicious esp the plaice fillet. Our room was adequate very clean and with everything we needed, maybe lacking in a bit of personality but we were not planning to spend much time there. Breakfast was very good plenty to choose from the staff really helpful. The wedding was superbly managed with every attention to detail and the meal was again delicious and hot which always makes the difference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had a meal with a group of friends at the bridge hotel. As we arrived we were shown to our table the waiter gave us the menu. A couple of minutes later he came back to the table wanting our three courses he was very inpatient and made us feel very rushed. The food was very good but the service was bad. When the desserts arrived my friend was given a dessert she hadnt even ordered and was told we dont any left so I have brought you this not even checking with her to see if she liked what they had brought. Afterwards when the bill came they had overcharged us by twenty pounds so I queried this which was sorted out but when I came to pay he snatched the card from my hands and was very rude. There was several waiters involved in this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!