“Lovely little hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of White House Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prestbury
White House Manor
You added White House Manor to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   New Road, Prestbury SK10 4HP , England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Prestbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I am working in Macclesfield at a customer site and stayed here August 2010 on a recommendation from a colleague.
The hotel is very small and cute, but great value for the personal level of service we received. It is very quiet, and even though the single room was all they had left, it was nicely decorated...besides, lots of space isn't necessary when traveling solo.
Proximity to restaurants and decent pubs is great - everything within 2m walk - ideal for the late evenings.
Breakfast was great, nice portions if you're trying to be good, but still very tasty.
I'll be staying here regularly in the future - a really top notch nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed here recently just looking for a quiet, relaxing night away and from the website the hotel seems to fit the bill. The receptionist was friendly, but the communal areas looked a bit dated and in need of some money being spent

The room (Millennium), which is apparently their most contemporary, was OK, but for £125 per night, room only, I think you're entitled to something better than that. Again, the furnishing (apparently 'silver leaf') just look like fairly average pine furniture painted silver- fine, but not if you are pushing the room as 'contemporary' and 'modern'.

Other minor gripes were the 'self-service' bar, located in the conservatory, which had nothing going on (not a big problem as the hotel is handy for the village) and the room was incredibly hot at night- it did have an air-con unit, but it was noisy and not ideal for getting/staying asleep.

On the plus side, as above, it is handy for the village (we ate at 'Nice', where the food was decent and there was a bit of atmosphere- I believe the Village restaurant is good, but Prestbury as a 'place to go' is a bit disappointing- the Legh Arms and the Bridge Hotel also feel a bit stilted), on-site parking, and the bathroom/steamroom was different and a good feature.

I think it needs some money spent to be the luxurious, boutique hotel it seems to be aiming for. I'm not sure if it relies on the wedding trade, as there is an attractive church in the middle of the village, but we wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010 via mobile

This place just gets better.

We have stayed here four times in four months and have run out of compliments for the staff&owners.

Breakfast in bed.(complete with bucks fizz).

A lovely time again.

Thanks to Lauren,Tina,kirsty and all.

• Stayed July 2010
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

White House Manor was recommended by my friends who were getting married nearby. It was a little pricier than the other places but looked infinitely nicer, so we decided to book in to a twin room Early Grey. I ended up going alone but could not have felt more welcome.
The fantastic receptionist, Tina, showed me my room which was exactly as it had appeared on the website – massive, comfortable, a symphony of blues, and prettily furnished (complete with Earl Grey tea chests and teacups). It had everything I needed plus a few things I didn’t (DVD player, selection of DVDs – made me wish I was staying for longer), decent toiletries (White Company) and an all important shower that detaches from the wall. So far so good.
It got better. Tina knew I was going to a wedding and asked if I had transport booked, as I’d arrived by cab, I explained where I needed to get to and when. She set about finding me transport. In the event, there were no free cabs in the area but she managed to get me a lift with someone else who was going to the same wedding and staying nearby, Now that’s what I call superlative service! She also left me details of train times for my return, along with a note reminding me that the clocks were going forward that night. Fantastic. While I was waiting for my cab she showed me the Bridal Suite which was ready for a couple who were getting married that day, The Crystal Room complete with 4 poster bed, surrounded by crystals had been set up to be a romantic paradise with champagne, chocolates (set out to spell love), flowers and what looked like a bathroom I could have got lost in. Kind of made me wish I was the one staying there! I got back late but to another friendly welcome. The following morning the lovely Tina was on reception bright and early to see me off with a smile and a wave.

Two small gripes: the hotel uses sheets and blankets rather than duvets. I always find sleeping under blankets used by lots of other people gross. Please consider changing this! And when I got back someone had removed the spare set of towels from my room. I paid for 2 people so I expected to have two people’s towels, even if I didn’t use them!

Other than that though, really there are only great things to say about this place. The location is chocolate box gorgeous, the hotel is lovely but what really makes it great, is the outstanding service. Brilliant!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
warwickshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

My daughter treated me to a weekend away for my Christmas present this year. We stayed at the Coach which had it's own doorway. The room and the bathroom were gorgeous. The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. Home made biscuits and fresh milk for our tea. The conservatory was a perfect place to have breakfast. And the restaurant we were recommended to visit "The Village" (2 minutes walk away) was very good. Need I say more!

• Stayed February 2010
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

I booked The White House Manor Crystal room as a birthday suprise for my fiancee. The rooms was beautiful with a big 4poster bed drapped with thick velvet fabric. A very comfortable room, really didn't feel like a hotel more like a movie scene. Utterlly gorgeous. The bathroom was brilliant and spot less. A TV tile on the wall, powershower and jacuzzi bath. The service was fantastic, very helpful and polite. Breakfast was gorgeous. We also enjoyed by far the best champagne, far better than Moet, which was chilled waiting for our arrival. We ate on the White Nancy Cruising Restaurant in Bollington. Food was nice and service was great, very friendly and a different experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed here on the 21st July 2007 for our wedding night and it was great, We arrived late around 1.30am and let ourselves into our room. We had booked the Crystal room and it was very sumptious with lots of beautiful furnishings. We had a whirlpool bath which we made use off and tea and coffee facilities. The only thing I wish we had done was order some sandwiches to be left for us as we were starving when we got back in and room service had finished. In the morning we had a full cheshire breakfast which was fantastic and served in the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is small in size but not in quality. We might look at going back for our 1st Aniversary.

• Liked — Sumptious furnishings
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to White House Manor? Share your experiences!