“Meal only review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakmere
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Meal only review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

A friend and I got a fantastic deal for a five course meal at this hotel. The night we visited was unexpectedly busy it seems - so the service was a little chaotic. However the staff were absolutely lovely and the food awesome. We also had bin 42 Australian Pinot Grigio which was to die for if it suits you - crisp and fruity - the best I have ever had. Surroundings as you would expect are quaint and beautiful and from what we could see the gardens are amazing. treat yourselves and eat here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Frodsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I got married last week and had our wedding reception at Nunsmere Hall Hotel... I cannot compliment them enough on the service we recieved.

Nunsmere is a beautiful hotel with stunning surroundings.

We had our reception in the Marquee and had 120 day guests, all of which were served quickly with consistantly high quality food - each plate of food that came out was as good as the last! having worked in restaurants in the past I know this is not an easy thing to do when you are serving 120 people!!

The service from all the members of staff was exceptional and I have had nothing but compliments for the staff from our guests!!

Thanks to Nunsmere Hall we had our perfect wedding at the perfect venue! We could not have asked for more on our special day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Frodsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Where to start... On the initial viewing for Nunsmere Hall as a potential wedding venue for my brothers wedding he knew straight away that this was where he wanted to hold his wedding. From the moment you arrive you instantly feel relaxed & well looked after.
The day itself, we arrived to find Melvin (the porter) smartly dressed in his bowler hat & 3 piece suit opening our car door & taking our lugguage into the hotel. Stephanie (the wedding cordinator) on hand with 2 glasses of champagne for the bride & groom.
Directed into the lounge area by members of staff where we were served canapes & champagne. The staff constantly ensured your glass was filled and were very efficient at all times!
We moved into the marquee for the wedding breakfast (all 120 of us) where again the numerous number of staff were on hand to assist guests to their table. Will (Food & Beverage Manager) was on hand do introduce the married couple before our wedding breakfast was served.
The food was outstanding. The Head Chef (Craig Malone) ensured all 120 meals were hot, cooked to perfection & presented beautifully. Empty plates were evident during all three courses!
During the meal again the waiters & waitresses ensured wine, champagne & water were topped up and were visable at all times.
Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff during the day or evening reception. I can only praise every single member of staff that worked
I have read previously about lack of staff & bar prices. I can only strongly disagree... The staff are absolutley amazing especially Front of House Will & Jon. There were at least 2 members of staff behind the bar at anyone time, and in regards to prices Pilsner Urquell in one of the finest lagers in the world, you expect to pay for quality.
I personally have NO negatives regarding this hotel - The rooms are spacious & comfortable with housekeeping of a high standard and the gardens are well kept.
If you are looking for somewhere perfect to get married or stay the night look no further! It's a beautiful hotel within beautiful grounds with brilliant staff.

Room Tip: I have 4 children so if your looking for a family room I'd highly recommend Fuchsia
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful venue set in stunning grounds - great for weddings. BUT really let's it's self down with the exceptional bar prices. Several weeks earlier I spent an enjoyable evening at a bar at tower bridge London and spent a fraction of the price. Prices at Nunsmere start at £5.00 a pint and if you have guiness expect to pay the same only you get a can with some strange shock treatment. If you enjoy a spirit, expect little change from a tenner. My advice - take your own alchohol you have been warned !

• Stayed August 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

my wife and i were down for the BSB weekend of 6th of july , we felt uncomfortable with the SIR and MADAM on arrival but i can NOT FAULT ANYTHING, the staff were BRILLIANT , the food was first class , will be back next year

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Abergele, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I'm not really sure I stayed in the same hotel as everyone else here judging by their "excellent service" reviews
We stayed here for my nephews wedding and I have to be honest was disappointed with the service and extortionate bar prices.
The setting of the hotel is beautiful and the staff are very pleasant and polite but the service was very inefficient and slow during our weekend stay
There was only one person on the bar for most of the day and evening which resulted in long queues and 15 minutes waiting time to be served. At times there wasn't anyone on the bar and the guests were left wondering whether the bar was actually open or not.
I don't quite understand why there should only be one bar person at a wedding of 80 guests. It was very frustrating and disorganised.
The prices are a rip off. £5 for a pint of lager or bitter and £6-50 for a whiskey and lemonade.
What a disgrace. Everyone was complaining how expensive it was and it wasn't so much the money issue. It was the fact that you feel ripped off
You expect to pay a little extra in hotels but when the money isn't going on extra staff you wonder why they charge what they do.
Breakfast was another story.
We were sat in a "dining room" which was rather cramped and set out in a very unsocial manner.
After about ten minutes our order was taken for breakfast.
It was another 25 minutes before we got it by which time my sister walked out as she had been waiting over half an hour.
The breakfast was very disappointing. My sausage and bacon certainly wasn't cooked to order and was dried up and hard.
I left it.
After paying £195 for a roomi expected an excellent breakfast but it didn't happen.
There were a few people who left without eating because of the wait.
I feel there are some strong improvements needed when there is a wedding on to service the amount of guests they KNOW will be attending.
The wedding was beautiful. The food ok but sparse
I wouldn't choose to stay here again. I could spend my money on far better.
This is an account of my own personal stay and my experience of Nunsmere Hall Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Business Network Chester returned to the fabulous Nunsmere Hall Hotel for its July lunch event. Service was excellent, with the staff very attentive and showing great flexibility and determination to ensure we had a successful event. serving over 60 in a tight turnaround, service was spot on for timing, was discrete and the food was delicious!
Very much looking forward to our return in August.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Nunsmere Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!