“Value lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
cheshire
“Value lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Chefs special lunches provide a good value meal with pleasant service. My choice, for just under five pounds was a hearty portion of fish and chips which was well cooked and well presented.The staff were friendly and helpful and Costa coffee is available. It wouldn't be my choice of venue for a special occasion but it hits the spot for a speedy lunch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Cap, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear feedmewell,

Thank you for providing us with your recent review.

I have passed on your kind comments to our management team of the Blue cap who would like to thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

“DON'T GO FOR LUNCH”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there yesterday after several previous evening visits. This was a lunch visit. Ordered garlic bread first. It was just cheese on toast. Then I ordered burger with cheese and bacon with chips. Bacon and cheese were mixed together and the bacon was so fatty you could not eat it. Burger OK but macdonalds is far better. Chips incredably greasy. Wife ordered steak pie. Rock hard pastry. Burnt inside and out. Totally inedible. In fairness the manager agreed and didn't want us to pay for anything. Doubt we will go back though. We don't get veryany days off work and this one had its lunchtime wasted.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Cap, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear KerryDave,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise for food you received at Blue Cap. I have passed on your comments to our management team and have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Cheshire
“My local has improved - a lot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my local pub. As a local pub it's great; it serves good ale and has a friendly and convivial atmosphere. As a place to eat, however, it has been rather inconsistent, until recenty.

I do not write a review every time I visit my local, that would be insane. My tendency is to put in a review whenever a consistent change has occurred, and this is one of those occasions.

This has been my local for ten years, but only in the last year has the food and service been consistently very good. The most recent visit was with a group of about ten of us, including a few teenage kids, and it was absolutely excellent. None of the group had a single negative word about anything, and those of you with teenagers will know how unusual this is.

I have always had mixed feelings about the Blue Cap as a food destination, but not anymore. It's great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

great food great service large menu i had the scollops with black pudding to start and seabass rissoto with king prawns as a main as you can tell i love seafood the rissoto was 5 star loads of prawns as well as sea bass a light main . THe scollops were good to would of been better if a better black pudding was used will definitly return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
YORKSHIRE
“Ho so, so so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had given this place a good review for the family Boxing Day meal for last year ,but this year nothing but very average,service was good ,there were 13 of us ,the main meal was served on cold plates so the food went cold rather quickly,I had 2 large portions of duck which was quite tough we really needed steak knives, the Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes are typical bought in fayre. The best part of the meal was the Xmas Pud which alas must have been on rations what a measlily portion,it,s a good job we had a good tea at the mother in laws !
For the rating on this visit was very close between poor and average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere