“A Place where dogs are accepted” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 77 Restaurants in Northwich
Cuisines: British
Description: Restaurant on Trent & Mersey canal at Anderton marina, nr Anderton Boat Lift, Northwich, Cheshire.
England
“A Place where dogs are accepted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had two lunches here recently, using the outside seating area as we had a small dog with us. On our first visit we had hot sandwiches, which were very nice indeed. We made a point of coming back for a second meal the next day, again in the garden overlooking the marina. This time we opted for a two course meal, which at £10.75 each was good value. The Brie starter and stuffed plaice I had were delicious and there were no complaints from the other half over a bowl of soup and a lasagna with salad and chips!
If you have a dog with you this makes a good alternative from the boat lift cafe, where, nice though the snacks are, dogs are not allowed!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chester, United Kingdom
“Friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Have been here with friends several times. The best thing is the friendly service. Food average but nicely presented. Surroundings dated.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
northwich
“Excellent food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Again, no complaints. The food is freshly prepared, beautifully presented, the service quiet and friendly. Having discovered this restaurant only recently, we keep returning and are never disappointed. Yes, it's quiet but that's the beauty of it. Well recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Super Mothers Day lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Took my mum here on mothers day, it was very busy but I am not surprised. The quality of food was great and at an exceptionally reasonable price. Mum had the traditional roast beef with all the trimmings and I had cod (for a change) it was lovely. Even though the staff were run off their feet, nothing was too much trouble. We will return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What went wrong”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Having visited the moorings after reading the great reviews I'm left wondering what went wrong or was I at the wrong place..great atmosphere ? There's more on the moon..awful swing music (personal taste I know) ..it looked like a twee tee room with garden chairs and for such a popular place ,it was empty on a Friday nite ? My wife had the steak with was ample I had the cod which left me on and in the toilet the following day repeatedly.wont be in a rush to return until I'm of a pensionable age.

• Visited March 2014