“Back for more” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 18 Attractions in Nantwich
Type: History Museums, Specialty Museums, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the secret world of nuclear government. For over 50 years this vast underground complex, remained secret, hidden on the outskirts of a sleepy Cheshire town. Declassified in 1993, the 35,000 sq ft underground bunker would have been the centre of Regional Government had nuclear war broken out. The bunker today offers a warm welcome to anyone looking for a totally different day out.
“Back for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

We had been to hack green about 6 years ago and decided it was time to revisit it. The exhibitions were the same and the spot the rat challenge was still there. Sometimes it's nice to see they haven't changed the place. Its very educational and interesting. Overall an enjoyable day out.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“A reminder of the cold war”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

I've lived a few miles away for many years but it took the visit of a friend who researched 'things to do in Nantwich' to make me visit. It was certainly worth the visit. The many rooms, displays and equipment, together with the 'War Games' video remind us of what might have been.

Visited August 2014
Sandbach, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Very interesting but not for the faint hearted.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

This place scares me when I visit. I've visited about 3 times in the past. It always give me the creeps especially in the air raid shelter experience. I think it's just too real and raw in there.

It is very interesting and if you're a history buff or not a scaredy cat like me (my friend loves this place and visits often) then you'll enjoy it.

Can be a tad expensive but it's tucked away so I've never seen it really busy so I guess they just have to make their money that way.

Visited August 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Trip back in Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Tucked out of the way but well worth seeing if your in the area or as a stop on the way some where
It's on two levels and tells a story of the cold war and of the Belgrano
there is a cafe there as well if your hungry, and it's not a lot to get in but you won't spend hours in there mind, but gives an insight as to wha might have happened

Visited April 2014
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Good but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We came across the secret bunker by accident. When we arrived we where not sure we had arrived at the right place as there was no one about. Eventually a man came and open up for us it turned out that we had arrived to early they where on Winter time. the opening was 11:30 am and we arrived about 10:30 am. We where able to wait inside until they finally open up so that wasn't too bad. We spent a couple of hours looking round and found it very interesting. The price was over £8 each so not very cheap. One elderly couple actual left on finding out the price. Perhaps they need to have concessions for elderly people.

Visited November 2014