“Warm welcome for a tasty bite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AromA

AromA
7 Hospital St, Nantwich, England
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 96 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
crewe
“Warm welcome for a tasty bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Service with a smile and fresh, tasty food. Reasonably priced too. Only downside are the poor pushchair access due to the steps-I'd go in more but for this :-(

Visited April 2014

Manchester
“Beautiful restaurant - substandard food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Visited last Saturday with friends and were made to wait ridiculous times for drinks, food, refills and the bill. It is not a cheap restaurant but I don't mind paying for quality food - the standard they had here was similar or worse to that of Weatherspoon's. Cocktails were watery and small (for £6.95 per time).
The server was clearly overworked but the whole experience was ruined by the constant waiting – why should anyone have to wait for the first drinks for 30 minutes which arrived AFTER the starter??
We had some money off vouchers to use which I passed to the server on arrival, he forgot to take the discount off, then he took too little off – an entirely forgettable experience. Will definitely NOT return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
David R, Owner at AromA, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that your evening wasn't very good. I have to apologise to you because unfortunately with the flu bug going around we were unable to staff the shop correctly on Saturday. James who is a very capable waiter had to run the floor and the bar on his own due to people phoning in sick. This is not the normal and this is the first time that we have been understaffed like this.

Please except my sincere apology I can understand your frustration on the lack of service and I understand that when frustration kicks in a downward spiral for your evening would take place.

Regards

David Robinson
Owner
Cheshire
“Mmmmmmmmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Came here with a lovely friend for coffee and a sandwich. The place is so welcoming and nicely decorated. I had a large cappuccino and the tuna panini. The portions are generous and the food and coffee were delicious. I would recommend this cafe to families, couples and even singles :) they also open late for evening meals-with a very nice full menu. Not cheap but worth it!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Great coffee - zero welcome!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Popped in for a coffee following a business meeting in Nantwich.

All I can say is the coffee was really great - but the staff made no effort whatsoever to make me feel that my custom was wanted. I think the staff need reminding that a smile goes a long way to making customers feel welcome and more importantly make you want to return!

Visited March 2014
David R, Owner at AromA, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hi Thanks for your review.

You are 100% correct a smile doesn't cost anything. As the owner it is very hard to hear that people are not being welcomed all the time. When in Aroma I get people telling me all the time that my staff are great, friendly and that I am lucky to have them but on this occasion for some reason a smile was missing. I have also had review recently also with a similar comment. I wish that I had a name or date so that I can find out who was working but although I have some staff who are more talkative than others it is unacceptable that staff are miserable.

Thanks you for your review and I will be taking this further.

Regards

David Robinson
Owner.
Marsascala, Malta
“Ladies lunching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Met for lunch as usual but not been here before and were pleasantly surprised, very good menu, for a lunch we had pasta dishes and my favourite pie and chips which was really nice with home cooked chips. Good service and there is a loyalty card available, always a good sign.

• Visited March 2014