“Fantastic hotel with amazing service” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Rd | Worleston, Nantwich CW5 6DQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel with amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at Rookery Hall for 2 nights and had an evening meal followed by a BBQ. The surroundings are gorgeous for a nice escape from the city centre. The staff are all very welcoming and service is excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hello Hanni T,

Thank you for your review following your two night stay.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit We are indeed very lucky to be set in the wonderful Cheshire countryside which I do agree is a nice escape from the city centre.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team members and the service you received.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Beautiful place and rooms, we had no.22 above reception. Spacious and great comfy beds. Breakfast in bed excellent (I just wasn't risking service at breakfast time in the restaurant!). The service on the first night was TERRIBLE. ordered drinks: they lost the order, 5 reminders later we got drinks after our starters: then an hour until the main...and on it went. To be fair when we advised the restaurant manager he apologised and gave us free lattes, but this should never happen in a place like this. Next night was excellent too so much improved. One or two of the bar/restaurant girls were lovely and bubbly; guys seemed to be more surly and need to pick up a bit! On Saturday we had booked two treatments 5 months before at 3pm on their online system and I had email confirmation. They rang at 10am asking where we were ! Then said 'sorry we can't do those this afternoon!" Absolutely shocking! Having argued the matter for quite some time they did finally fit us in from 2pm but caused a lot of stress and again, mistakes like this should not happen at what purports to be a quality hotel! Food was excellent: drinks so:so ; cocktails not very "dressed" and yes many things overpriced but then with all other reviews you expect that. Shame, potential to be perfect.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MJQ2012,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.
I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and that breakfast in bed was excellent.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies regarding the issues you encountered on this recent visit. This is most certainly not the experience our guests should have and for this I apologise. I was happy to read that service on your second evening was excellent.

Thank you for the kind words regarding, the bar & restaurant female team members. I’m pleased to note that you found the food to be excellent I have shared your feedback with our Restaurant Manager regarding your feedback about the male team members on duty and also your feedback regarding the cocktails so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Please accept my apologies also for the breakdown in communication regarding your treatments that you had booked. Our Health Club & Spa Manager sends his personal apologies to you.

I do hope that this recent experience would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just back after an amazing weekend staying at Rookery Hall. Cant praise this hotel highly enough. Booked for surprise birthday weekend for my girlfriend and she loved it. Hotel were always friendly and helpful, they were told it was Michelle's birthday and all the staff wished her happy birthday.

The food was amazing last night in the fine dining restaurant, a little pricey but high quality and so tasty, they even wrote happy birthday around the edge of her plate in chocolate for dessert

We upgraded our room so we had an executive room in the new wing and couldn't have asked for more - the view from our window over country side was like a painting. We looked at the other rooms in the original building for when we go back and they were also perfect for what we would look for when going away for a nice weekend break.

Today was spent in the spa - great treatments, great spa, so relaxed - the relaxation suite with dimmed lights, water feature with the sound of running water echoing through the room, and mood lighting was just so special and so relaxing - we did fall asleep in there after our massage and was just p the perfect retreat to escape the world.

We will definitely be going back to this hotel and spa - truly sensational and made Michelle's birthday celebration a special one

Hello Toucsy,

What lovely feedback to receive. Thank you for sharing your review with others on Trip Advisor and Happy Birthday to Michelle. I am delighted to read that she loved her surprise birthday treat.
I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience and that you liked the little special touch of the birthday plate.

The bedroom type that you stayed is a favourite amongst many of your guests. I am glad you were happy with your upgrade choices but that you also had the opportunity to view our other bedrooms in our main house especially as you mention that these were viewed with a return visit in mind.

You’re right about our Health Club & Spa facilities it most certainly is the perfect retreat to escape the world. I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience the facilities and that you enjoyed your treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Lancashire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We found a last minute deal to stay and decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary here. We were very, very pleased with our 1 night stay and will definitely stay here again.
The room we stayed in (November) was spacious with lovely views. The bed was massive! It had a large bathroom with double shower, large bath and 2 sinks. It was very quiet too.
Our evening meal was included and, although the choice was a little limited, we enjoyed the 3 course meal and thought the restaurant was very romantic. Drinks are expensive though.
Service was excellent during our stay and we found all the staff to be polite, friendly and eager to please.
Breakfast was also very good, lots of choice and very tasty. Our stay included a cream tea which was one of the highlights of our stay. We loved people watching (wedding party!) whilst drinking champagne in the sun and enjoying scones and cream.
I had a spa treatment (Indian head massage) which was good and we spent time in the pool. The spa area is very clean and it wasn't too busy on Saturday. There were a couple of loud parties though in the spa waiting area which unfortunately lowered the tone a little...just expected it to be tranquil and quiet!
Will definitely return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the old building. November is a lovely room with great views.
Hello Robys,

Happy Anniversary and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.

I’m really pleased to read that you enjoyed your one night stay & even more pleased that you will definitely be visiting us again, it is always nice to welcome back familiar faces.

The November room is a very pleasant room with delightful views over looking the Cheshire countryside. We have many regular guests that love this room also.

I’m sorry to read that you found the menu to be limited. As well as our Market menu we do offer the A la Carte menu which our guests are more than welcome to dine from also. This does incur a small upgrade charge. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal and the ambience of the restaurant. I’m also sorry to note that you found our drinks prices to be expensive.

It certainly sounds like you made the most of your visit which is lovely to read. Cream tea whilst people watching (I like doing this too) Treatment in the Spa, always very important to enjoy ‘me’ time. The Health Club & Spa is the perfect place to relax and unwind. I am sorry you were disturbed by some larger groups during your visit on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was our second spa break at Rookery Hall.

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and is very picturesque.

We arrived at the spa for our classic spa break which included

"Enjoy 2 treatments from the following selection plus a light two course lunch and refreshments on arrival and mid afternoon"

There were no drinks on arrival which was disappointing after over an hours drive on hot day.

The pool and facilities were nice and it was pretty quite as we went on a Monday except for when a few young children arrived later in the afternoon with parents, which to be honest is not particularly relaxing, however we appreciate that the pool is open to members and that obviously includes children.

We opted for the back, neck and shoulder massage and mini facial which was superb, we thoroughly enjoyed both treatments.

The lunch was tasty however had to pay over £5 for two waters to accompany it.
There were fruit teas and tap water in the beauty suite but it wasn't clear as to whether it was acceptable to take them into the cafe to have with your dinner.

No refreshments were given to us mid-afternoon as the description implies, however, as mentioned previously, there were fruit teas and tap water you could help yourself to.

We paid for the cream tea in the hotel which was devine. The portions were generous and you could most definitely share one cream tea between two and order an extra tea.

The room was adequate (we upgraded), spacious and comfortable.

The dinner in the evening was delicious, although we paid an extra £15 each for the less basic menu.

The wine was splendid but as per other reviews of Rookery Hall, was over priced, in fact the whole drinks menu was particularly steep.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent with plenty to choose from.

Overall, a pleasant stay, a few disappointing aspects making us uncertain as to whether we would return for a third stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear CandO83,

Welcome back to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa and thank you for your review.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel grounds we are very fortunate that the hotel & spa is set in picturesque surroundings.

I am sorry to note that you did not receive your drinks on arrival to the Spa I will ensure this feedback is given to our Spa Manager. I’m pleased to read that you had the opportunity to use the pool and facilities. We do welcome children to use the swimming pool and we do have designated swim times available to them to ensure that guests of the hotel and our adult members do have the opportunity to enjoy and have a relaxing time in the pool area. It’s lovely to read that you enjoyed your treatment choices.

Cream tea is delicious; definitely leaves you feeling indulged after a little treat.

I was pleased to read that you were happy with your room allocation and also enjoyed your evening meal.

As mentioned in other replies regarding our drinks tariff. A bottle of wine, from our house wine list starts at £23 and our glasses of wine start at £6. I am sorry that you found the wine to be over priced.

I do hope that the few disappointing issues you mention in your review would not deter you from staying with us in the future especially as you mention that overall you had a pleasant stay.

Cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was our third stay and probably our last. On arrival Gemma was really courteous and helpful,lovely first impression.
When I arrived at the room the toilet had someone else's marks inside the bowl and there was a huge imprint on the bed as if someone had just sat down .
Lunch staff friendly enough,but very slow and sloppy. I had to ask for a knife and fork after receiving my food.
We had dinner in the bar which was nice enough,but a very small portion for rib eye steak and chips,no salad or vegetables.
It was all extremely slow and very messy although Jessica really saved the day with her lovely personality.
The cold breakfast selection was fantastic,but the hot part was served buffet style. I had to ask for cutlery,salt and pepper and the toast arrived before the tea. The staff were very pleasant and were trying their best.
I went back to the room after breakfast at aroun 10.10am to find the door ajar and the bed completely stripped. There were no belongings in the room,so I'm sure housekeeping assumed we had left. I had to take a trip downstairs to visit the ladies. On checkout we were charged someone else's dinner bill which was promptly removed.
Just one more thing,our beautiful terrace had a lot of cigarette ends lying around and needed a good sweep.
A real shame.

Dear ajayCheshire,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit and may I say how sorry I am to hear that following your third visit you mention it will probably be your last.

I was really pleased that you received a lovely welcome from Gemma on arrival and that she was helpful and courteous. I’d also like to thank you for your comments regarding Jessica she does indeed have a lovely personality.

From your other comments and feedback it is clear to me that on this occasion, we failed to meet your expectations and I fully understand your disappointment. Please accept my apologies that we didn’t get the opportunity to discuss these issues with you prior to your departure.

Please can I ask you to contact me sfearnley@handpicked.co.uk so that I can discuss this feedback personally with you as I would like the opportunity to resolve this recent stay to your satisfaction.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Second sales meeting in 2 years here for over 40 delegates. Staff are excellent and really attentive. Hotel rooms great and meeting facilities other than the aircon system in the conf centre are above average. Food is superb, both main meals and meeting break snacks. Location easy for a national business and will be going back again soon.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Oticonboy,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I was particularly delighted to receive a review regarding conferences and meetings that have taken place at the hotel and welcome back to you and your delegates.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team we are very lucky to have such an attentive team.

Thank you for your comments regarding the facilities within our meeting rooms. I have noted your comment regarding the air conditioning system in the conference centre and will get our maintenance team to take a look at this to ensure that it is in working order.
I’m pleased that you enjoyed the food selection at dinner and your meeting breaks.

We are lucky to be situated close to the M6 and only a 10 minute drive from Crewe Station this as you mention does make us an ideal location for national business meetings.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for your review.

Stephen

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!