My husband and I were able to have a discounted 3 night break, via secret escapes, in this hotel, for a double executive room plus breakfast. Knowing the type of hotel should have warned us that prices for food and drink would be high, but really they were more than that. There was nothing wrong with the one meal that we had on our first evening in the bar, but for the price it was not up to that standard.
I had pre-booked a massage and manicure at the spa, and although there was nothing wrong with any of my treatments, I was somehow disappointed. There does not seem to be much "pizzazz" about the whole place that I would expect in a hotel of this standing.
On the other hand the staff, from cleaners to receptionists, were faultless. They were warm, welcoming and friendly! The breakfasts were superb, with plenty of choice in both cold buffet, and cooked meals, and locally sourced wherever possible, which in my book is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and retained these in 2014.The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2011/12 and 13 at the Nantwich Food Festival but also won the Excellance in Customer Care award 2013 with the South Cheshire Chamber of Commerce. Built in 1816 , Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star Grade II listed property situated close to Nantwich, Cheshire. The hotel is part of Hand Picked Hotels and is set in 38 acres of private grounds offering 70 well-appointed bedrooms and a 2 AA Rosette fine dining restaurant. Rookery Hall offers well-appointed bedrooms with 39 executive and double deluxe bedrooms with features such as air conditioning, multi experience rain showers , televisions in bathrooms, larger bedroom spaces many with wonderful views over the Cheshire planes. The Spa, awarded the prestigious maximum five bubbles by the Good Spa Guide and winner of 'Residential Spa of the Year' at the 2013 Professional Beauty Awards and nominated again for the 2014 award, is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments. The Spa offers seven treatment rooms,manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio offering over 35 classes per week and a modern Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house.Rookery Hall is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards and is the current holder of Hotel of the Year within the Hand Picked Hotels collection of 20 properties.Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire