“If money is no object, it's fine” 4 of 5 stars

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Rd | Worleston, Nantwich CW5 6DQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
“If money is no object, it's fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were able to have a discounted 3 night break, via secret escapes, in this hotel, for a double executive room plus breakfast. Knowing the type of hotel should have warned us that prices for food and drink would be high, but really they were more than that. There was nothing wrong with the one meal that we had on our first evening in the bar, but for the price it was not up to that standard.
I had pre-booked a massage and manicure at the spa, and although there was nothing wrong with any of my treatments, I was somehow disappointed. There does not seem to be much "pizzazz" about the whole place that I would expect in a hotel of this standing.
On the other hand the staff, from cleaners to receptionists, were faultless. They were warm, welcoming and friendly! The breakfasts were superb, with plenty of choice in both cold buffet, and cooked meals, and locally sourced wherever possible, which in my book is excellent.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello Barbara R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review.

I’m delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your three night break and that all the team members you encountered were faultless, welcoming and friendly. They were all really please to read your review.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that the standard of your bar meal was not up to the standard that you would have expected and despite nothing being wrong with the treatments you had, I would like to apologise that you felt disappointed.
It is a shame that we didn’t get the opportunity to discuss these points with you prior to your departure in more detail.

Breakfast at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa is a wonderful way to start the day so I’m glad you enjoyed this experience.

Thank you again for your review. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have used the spa at Rookery a number of times over the years but I wanted to write about my recent experience. We decided to go for a spa at Rookery as a relax before our first baby is due.
From arriving to leaving the staff were amazing.

We had a lovely few hours around and in the gorgeous pool before a very tasty lunch. I then had the mum to be treatment which uses lovely Elemis Japanese oil that is fab for stretch marks (!) and my therapist was wonderful. The treatment is a massage, a facial cleanse & scalp massage. Just gorgeous!
My hubbie had a full body massage and said it was one of the best he'd had- given we based our honeymoon around gorgeous spas in Bali this is high praise!
This visit was also the first time I'd been in the relaxation room, what a treat that was too.

I have had a bit of correspondence with the manager of the spa, Lisa, who has always been incredibly helpful , professional and polite. A credit to the hotel.

I highly recommend this spa and can't wait to return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello Vixster722,

Thank you so much for this lovely review you have written. I’m delighted to read that you have used the spa on a number of occasions and that you have decided to share your recent experience with others on Trip Advisor.

Congratulations to you both on your baby news as well.

I’m really pleased to read that the team looked after you so well during your visit and that it enabled you to relax and have valuable ‘you’ time before your new arrival. The relaxation room which is available to our spa day guests is perfect for helping you to relax & unwind.

I have shared your review with the Health Club & Spa team and will be thanking Lisa for her professional approach.

Thank you for your recommendation to others.

We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Rookery Hall is one of those venues that no matter for what occasion ,never fails to provide a luxury experience. We stayed over a glorious April weekend when the trees are in blossom and geese share their young with you whilst pottering around the grounds.
The staff are attentive without being intrusive. The rooms are well serviced. The food is to die for. The grounds are well maintained. The pool and spa are beautiful.
I have visited many times over a long period of time.....it never fails to leave you wanting to return.
There's no doubt.....this venue has A Touch Of Class!

Room Tip: All rooms are recommended.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Linda B,

What a wonderful heading to you review – thank you.

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience on Trip Advisor and thank you for continuing to visit us. It is really lovely to welcome familiar faces back to the hotel.

Lots of thank you’s in my reply to you and they are meant sincerely.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tutbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Truly the best spa break I've ever had. The service was second to none, every single member of staff was highly professional, very friendly and always willing to help. The venue itself is beautiful, surrounded by gorgeous countryside. The food was again the best I've experienced during a spa getaway. My spa treatment was perhaps the most impressive of all, I had a full body salt scrub, followed by an Elemis Cellutox body wrap and finished off with a back neck and shoulder massage, my therapist (Natasha) was completely on the ball, really welcoming and very professional. From start to finish the whole experience was faultless.

Room Tip: I styled in room 28, which is a suite and it was really lovely. Giant, very comfortable bed and a s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Samantha467,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent spa break.

I am really pleased to read that all the team looked after you so well during your stay.
It sounds like you had a really wonderful time which is lovely to read.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your spa experience. I have shared your review with the Health Club & Spa team and will be personally thanking Natasha when I next see her for making your experience such a faultless one.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We decided to have a mini break, so when we spotted this hotel & spa on secrete escapes thought we would make use of the deal. We booked 3 nights. The hotel is in great grounds and looks very grand. Its very relaxing.

The room was very clean, huge bed (I think queen size), TV on wall, clean bathroom.
We had breakfast included in our stay, decent continental selection and a huge selection of hot selections that you can order from the menu.
We decided to eat at the restaurant on the last night. The restaurant room is the same as where you eat your breakfast but somehow they manage to transform the rooms into something more grand with a nice setting. The food is worth a try, not on the cheap side though!!

The spa is very good too, a reasonable pool, with hydro pool, sauna and steam rooms. I used this twice although on the second visit we got our timings wrong and there was a water aerobics class taking place!

Definitely would visit again and highly recommend that you try this place out!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are the way to go and one that overlooks the gardens to the rear!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Craig B,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

The grounds of the hotel are set in 38 acres of the Cheshire countryside so the location of the hotel makes for a relaxing, peaceful break.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your bedroom in our new executive building, these are a favourite amongst our guests. The beds in these rooms are super king size, so that they can easily be twinned if required also.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast.

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for your lovely review.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Nantwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was my first time in Rookery Hall Hotel. I enjoyed it very much.
Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to vist the spa.
I will try to come back soon with my wife. She was impressed by the photos.

Best regards,
Nils Wagner

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Mr Wagner,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your first visit to the hotel.

I hope to welcome your wife to the hotel and yourself back in the near future.

Make sure during your next visit you make time for the Health Club & Spa. I can assure you, that you won’t be disappointed.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent one night in the hotel for my 25th birthday. We had such a relaxing stay. We really enjoyed the spa and the food was exquisite! The staff are really friendly and attentive and we felt really looked after. The setting of this hotel is very serene and picturesque, which made for an ideal escape from the city. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. We'd visit again in a heartbeat!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Chriswells55,

Happy 25th Birthday and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed the spa and that you found the food to be exquisite.

It really does make me feel really proud receiving such lovely feedback, thank you.

The team surrounding me work effortlessly to ensure all guests enjoy their stay to ensure that you feel comfortable whilst staying with us.

Thank you so much for a lovely review and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stephen

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!