“Awesome break, top Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Stay & Relax Each Sunday
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Awesome break, top Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We decided to have a mini break, so when we spotted this hotel & spa on secrete escapes thought we would make use of the deal. We booked 3 nights. The hotel is in great grounds and looks very grand. Its very relaxing.

The room was very clean, huge bed (I think queen size), TV on wall, clean bathroom.
We had breakfast included in our stay, decent continental selection and a huge selection of hot selections that you can order from the menu.
We decided to eat at the restaurant on the last night. The restaurant room is the same as where you eat your breakfast but somehow they manage to transform the rooms into something more grand with a nice setting. The food is worth a try, not on the cheap side though!!

The spa is very good too, a reasonable pool, with hydro pool, sauna and steam rooms. I used this twice although on the second visit we got our timings wrong and there was a water aerobics class taking place!

Definitely would visit again and highly recommend that you try this place out!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are the way to go and one that overlooks the gardens to the rear!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello Craig B,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

The grounds of the hotel are set in 38 acres of the Cheshire countryside so the location of the hotel makes for a relaxing, peaceful break.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your bedroom in our new executive building, these are a favourite amongst our guests. The beds in these rooms are super king size, so that they can easily be twinned if required also.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast.

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for your lovely review.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Nantwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was my first time in Rookery Hall Hotel. I enjoyed it very much.
Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to vist the spa.
I will try to come back soon with my wife. She was impressed by the photos.

Best regards,
Nils Wagner

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Mr Wagner,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your first visit to the hotel.

I hope to welcome your wife to the hotel and yourself back in the near future.

Make sure during your next visit you make time for the Health Club & Spa. I can assure you, that you won’t be disappointed.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent one night in the hotel for my 25th birthday. We had such a relaxing stay. We really enjoyed the spa and the food was exquisite! The staff are really friendly and attentive and we felt really looked after. The setting of this hotel is very serene and picturesque, which made for an ideal escape from the city. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. We'd visit again in a heartbeat!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Chriswells55,

Happy 25th Birthday and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed the spa and that you found the food to be exquisite.

It really does make me feel really proud receiving such lovely feedback, thank you.

The team surrounding me work effortlessly to ensure all guests enjoy their stay to ensure that you feel comfortable whilst staying with us.

Thank you so much for a lovely review and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed for one night as a birthday celebration and found the room in the original building to be impressive and with a beautiful bathroom and countryside views. There was our bottle of wine and birthday chocolates waiting for us on arrival and we were made to feel very special as soon as we arrived.

Spa facilities were great, the pool and spa was very quiet which was lovely. We used them on both days and left very relaxed.

Dinner was great and we thought £37 each for threw courses was reasonable for the quality of the food, it was excellent. Staff were polite and friendly. Breakfast was a real treat; the continental choice was huge with everything you could possibly think of on offer.

We will definitely be returning as it is probably one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at and ticked all of the boxes in what we look for in a break!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Beclells,

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for your lovely review following your recent stay.

I’m delighted that you had the opportunity to use our Health Club & Spa facilities. It most certainly is the ideal place to relax and unwind.

I’m really pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining and breakfast experience. I bet you left feeling thoroughly indulged.

I’m also really pleased to read that you will definitely be returning and thank you for your lovely, kind words regarding the hotel and the team.

See you soon.

Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My partner and I stayed at Rookery Hall for one night this Easter. I purchased the dinner (inc. glass of wine), bed and breakfast. I also purchased additionally two full body massages which had a £10 discount p.p. for booking it at the time of purchasing the deal.

We arrived in the morning directly at the spa and were greeted by a very pleasant and helpful young lady. We were given complimentary orange juice whilst we filled in our pre-treatment paperwork and then shown around the spa. The spa is the best of the handpicked hotels that I have experienced. Bright, spacious and a pleasant place to be. Our treatments were prompt and what was expected. As it was a birthday treat, I also ordered the champagne afternoon tea. As I have a food allergy I had made special requests which were no problem for the chef. I was very appreciative of this.

We checked into the hotel and the receptionist showed us to our room and waited to check that it was ok for us. As my boyfriend pointed out, had there been a problem, it wouldn't have been a problem as they would have rectified it there and then.

Our meal was lovely. I have seen some people say that it was expensive and there were supplements. They are not painting the full picture and I will do my best to clarify what you get. We were given the full menu, we were shown the menu that was included in our deal and told we could make choices from the a la carte which would be at a supplement (printed below each dish). We chose some dishes from our menu, and some from the a la carte. The menu d'hote contained 3 choices for each course. Each looked lovely, we simply chose to suit what we fancied (and as it was a birthday/holiday treat, we weren't too bothered about cost). Our additional payment was around £35 which included a supplement for 1 starter, 2 mains and drinks. We enjoyed the best customer service by the restaurant staff that either of us has ever had. They were prompt; we had one or two waitresses who were serving us and checked regularly on us. The service was slick and could not be faulted. We were not rushed and when we asked for some time between courses, it was not a problem. We would return to Rookery just to enjoy the restaurant again.

Breakfast was equally as good and there was plenty of choice if you do not want a full English.

This is not a Premier Inn, you will not pay a Premier Inn price. This is far, far better and you will have no regrets about spending the extra money and staying here. We had just one day and night, but it felt like so much more because of how good the experience was.

A direct word for Rookery: Your staff go beyond expectations and we will certainly be back to enjoy your facilities again. Thank you for such an enjoyable stay. (F. Davies)

Room Tip: We had a standard double in the newer part of the hotel, behind the main house and in the same wing...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Ffion D,

“Simply wonderful” what a lovely heading to open your review. Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa on Trip Advisor.

I have mentioned this in previous replies that many guests these days turn to the likes of Trip Advisor before making a decision about whether to stay at a hotel or not. So it is wonderful to receive such a balanced review such as yours regarding all aspects of the hotel and the facilities that we have to offer.

It sounds like you had a perfect time in the Health Club & Spa It really important to enjoy ‘you’ time every now and then so I’m delighted you both enjoyed your treatments.
I’m also pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience, and also glad to read that your food intolerances were catered for.

Thank you kindly Ffion D for your lovely words regarding our team, as previous I have said this also, we are all very lucky to work in such beautiful surroundings an d be part of such a friendly team.

Come and visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed for a few days before Easter and found the grounds and room (we were in the new block) to be excellent. Very relaxing with friendly staff and whilst we found the hotel to be a bit disjointed in layout from other Handpicked Hotels, this was a minor niggle. The pool and gym area are very good and the food on the two nights plus the bar menu was excellent.

Our only minor complaints were that our room suffered from the emptying of the bins on two mornings, both before 7 am which is a bit of a pain when you're on holiday, but not a deal breaker. We found our bathroom - room 302 (loved the television in the tiles), didn't have a supply of hot water - warm at best. This may have been as we were at the end of the row so perhaps a plumbing issue. The only problem with this was that you didn't stay in the bath long enough to enjoy the TV!

The main hotel lift was out of action for the 3 days we were staying - not that this affected us as we were in one of the other wings, but it did appear to be taking a long time to resolve.

The other thing that we found rather irritating was the number of staff who served you at breakfast and dinner. On our final night we had 9 members of staff serve us including one who delivered the bread rolls and then went and asked another waiter for some butter for our table. It did mean that you didn't build up much rapport with your waiting staff, but they also kept coming to check if we had ordered various items as there appeared to be a lack of communication. Whilst it was a niggle for us, it must be frustrating for the staff and presume there is an easy way of dealing with this so fewer people are involved on each table.

I personally felt our greeting on arrival was rather abrupt, and we asked a couple of questions that were ignored whilst the receptionist talked over us - though my husband didn't particularly mind. Certainly our check out staff was very good and friendly.

Overall we would certainly look to return as the setting is perfect for a relaxing few days and none of the minor complaints would be enough to put you off going again.

Room Tip: Be aware that rooms in the new wing overlooking the car park suffer from the collection of the bin/b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello AthelbraeTraining,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay, and thank you for sharing your experience with others on Trip Advisor.

I’m delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your lovely words about your room and the grounds of the hotel.

My sincere apologies that you were disturbed on two mornings of your stay by the emptying of the bins. Definitely not ideal when you are away for a relaxing break, I am sorry.
I have asked our maintenance team to review the water temperature in the room that you stayed in and we think that this may have had something to do with the safety switch which is located on the bath. So I do apologise about this.

Your feedback regarding your dinner and breakfast experience is greatly appreciated so thank you for this. We have just welcomed a new Restaurant and Cafe Bar Manager to our team and this review has been shared with him. So thank you if guests don’t give this feedback then we have no way of improving our product and service.

Equally I would like to apologise for your greeting when you arrived at the hotel. I am delighted to read that your check out experience was as it should be.

Should you decide to stay with us in the future please don’t hesitate in contacting our Duty Manager, Jess Fletcher jfletcher@handpicked.co.uk who will ensure you receive the very best of our attention.

Thank you again for your review and constructive feedback.

Carlisle, Cumbria.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our first visit here for a reunion with friends from University days. What a welcoming place with staff that seem to take a pride in caring for their guests. The rooms were of a very high standard, modern, clean and with the most comfortable beds that my wife and I have slept in for some time. Food wise was faultless with an extensive wine list, again the staff were very engaging making the whole experience a delight. We did not use the spa facilities on this occasion but were led to believe that they were excellent. Perhaps something for our next visit. If this is the standard for Handpicked Hotels then we will be visiting more.

Room Tip: It does not matter all the rooms that ourselves and friends used were equally as good as each other.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Robert N,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.

Having shared your wonderful review with all of the team they all said what a pleasure it was to have you all staying with us.

I’m delighted that you chose the hotel for your reunion and that everyone in your party were looked after well. Thank you for this lovely recognition that you have given to the team. They most certainly are one of the reasons many guests return to stay with us.

It’s a shame that you didn’t get the opportunity to use the Health Club & Spa facilities, I can imagine you all had lots to catch up on during your visit, but what a perfect excuse for a return visit.

I really am delighted to read such a lovely review and can thoroughly recommend a visit to the other Hand Picked Hotels.

Stephen

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!