I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a training course at a local College with a number of work colleagues. Arriving at the Hotel was simple and there is a car park at the back of the Hotel which is free if you are staying there. The person who checked me in was very nice and friendly and I was quickly allocated a room. The Hotel has a lot of charm and the inside contours need to be seen to be believed. On finding my room at the front of the Hotel my immediate thoughts were that it was a very good size room but looked a little dated. There was tea and coffee making facilities and the linens were all clean. One of the windows didn't close properly in the room so it soon became quite chilly in there, the controls had been removed from the radiator and the heating went off through the night. Because the window didn't close properly every sound outside could clearly be heard, and there was a pub on the opposite corner with very loud music until around Midnight. When the music finally stopped I tried to settle but was woken again at 1am, then 3 am because of people fighting outside the hotel. I was woken several more time before I finally got up in the morning. The headboard on the bed banged against the wall every time I moved in the bed. The bath was great (except the view of the soil pipe) but the shower was not so good, the mixer taps ranged from scalding hot to freezing cold and it was impossible to control. The pictures on the wall were cracked and the TV was not receiving any BBC channels in the morning. The Hotel was booked for me but I certainly would not choose to stay there again. The food and service in the restaurant was good as was the breakfast. The staff were all very nice, friendly and I cannot fault them at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Hotel is a grade II listed building in the beautiful historic market town of Nantwich. The hotel has been a central feature of Nantwich for more than 400 years.The 3 storied building was burnt down in the fire of Nantwich in 1583, The hotel was quickly rebuilt by Queen Elizabeth 1st, with timbers from the nearby Delamere forest. The Crown Hotel now boast all the features the modern day traveller expects yet, retains many original features including an abundance of Oak beams, wattle & daub plaster walls and roaring open fires.All our 18 guest rooms are well appointed with en suite bathrooms and Individual designed features. Diners in our locally renowned Casa Brassiere can expect cuisine of the highest quality using fresh local products and wines from around the world. Casa is relaxed in a unique setting. Should you prefer something less formal, the Crown bar offers bar meals and an excellent choice of ever changing real ales. We are a CAMRA real ale venue.FREE car parking and Internet connection are offered to all guests.The hotel is central for the Nantwich Jazz festival, Food & drink festival. And many other local and Cheshire events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel And Casa Brasserie
- Nantwich Best Western
- Best Western Nantwich
- The Crown Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire