“Fantastic stay at Hopley House.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hopley House

and 1 more site!
You added Hopley House to your Saves list
Hopley House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Wimboldsley, Middlewich CW10 0LN, England (Formerly The Harvest Store)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Middlewich B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay at Hopley House.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed at Hopley house for 2 nights when attending a mtb race meeting nearby. The owners are incredibly hospitable and help in every way possible! I'm always nervous when travelling with my bike, but the owners were very kind and let me lock up my bike in one of their big ex-chicken sheds. Nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was cooked at whatever time you needed it and the fried breakfast was incredible (quite possibly the biggest sausage I have ever eaten!). There is also juices, cereals, tea, coffee and yoghurt if you're not a cooked breakfast fan.

I stayed in one of the small upstairs single rooms, and it was very comfortable. The skylights in the room were nice for peering up at the sky at night whilst I was dropping off to sleep, and I had 2 very good nights sleep. It was quiet and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was good.

If I'm back up near Middlewich again, I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Surrey, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here as it was only 10 miles/20 minutes from Jodrell Bank, where we going to for a concert. The room and bathroom were spotless, the facilities as good as you can expect from a B&B (I mean that in a good way) and the staff very friendly. Breakfast is cooked to order, with a full English available or cereals and yogurt.

The B&B itself is in a separate building to the family home so it's not *too* homely, where you're worried about making too much noise.

Great value for money.

Room Tip: Room 1 has an ensuite. Room 2 has a separate bathroom but it's just for your own use so not real...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

exceptional B&B with seperate building from the owners house - the owner was very helpful when we were very late checking in due to work delays. Nice bedrooms but bathroom fittings esp shower might benefit from updating. We couldn't connect to the WiFi - possibly weak signal in our room. Really good breakfast, and served a bit later by request. Couldn't really fault it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Lovely welcome, spotlessly clean bedroom and bathroom and a freshly cooked breakfast. What more could you ask from a B&B. First Class.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here as a stopover on a cycle ride. Rooms were v clean and comfy. Owners very nice and happy to run us down to the local pub for evening meal. Breakfast excellant , cooked to order and really set us up for the day. Bikes securely locked away. Rooms were a little cold to start (untill heating came on) but we should have just said something and I have no doubt that they would have adjusted it for us. I got the impression nothig would have been too much trouble.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed for one night, breaking my journey down the M6 (10 minutes or so away), and was astonished at the quality of the place considering the price I paid. My room was spotless, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower-room extremely well fitted out. But the absolute highlight had to be the breakfast. WOW! Compared to the tepid buffet you get at the chains, the fresh-out-of-the-pan fry up that you get here is just wonderful. Honestly, it's was probably the best breakfast I've ever had, just fantastic. The family who run the place are very friendly, I hope I'll be able to go back soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Yep agree with all the other reviews very good value for money and nice breakfast in the morning

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Hopley House? Share your experiences!