“best restaurant in handforth” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
manchester
“best restaurant in handforth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

we wanted somewhere nice to celebrate my sisters birthday,and having heard about this amazing restaurant in handforth by our neighbours,we decided to give it a try. we end up booking a table for 12 of us!!we arrived at 8:00 pm,to our surprise the restaurant was very busy with plenty of people waiting for a table.!!on arrival,we follow the manager to our table that was right at the back inside this beautiful booth,and ordered our food!!!!!.the food was amazing and the service was very efficient and the staff were very helpful.....all I can say is that we definitely made the right choice to have choose il gusto and we will be back for my birthday!!!!!thanks and keep up the good work.

p.d thanks to all the waiters that sang like Pavarotti!!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
“A little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Visited recently with a small group of friends. Staff very attentive whilst not being over powering. The food was delicious, several members of the group didn't finish their pasta dishes as the portions are a generous size.
Huge menu of 'English' Italian food. Plenty of pasta, pizza's and main meals - took ages to choose. Very reasonably priced too, although as usual your drinks do push the price up. Be warned, service charge is added to the bill on the total, so that means drinks too!
Visited on a Thursday evening, and there were plenty of other parties also dining. Muted lighting and music didn't feel we needed to keep our voices down.
Beautiful decor although toilets upstairs were freezing! Even the water was cold!!
Would recommend it to all. Plenty of families in when we visited and also some tables of couples, plus our works party!
Worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Will Get Better With a little Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After being told Gusto in Cheadle Hulme was full on a tuesday night we decidid to try this new restaurant locally to where we live.
It has been turned into a lovely setting if a little dark at the back. The menu is traditional "english" Italian and offers a great choice for any diner. The food is tasty and plentyfull although we could see a few areas where they are still getting into the swing of everything. Price are average not cheap and not dear £100 for 4 starters, four mains two roungs of drinks no dessert or coffee.
I loved the dessert trolley and it remined me of days gone by when i was out with my parents.
Only complaint is that the food could of been hotter.
Given a few months this place will be really good when all the gears work together and i certainly wish them the best. It isnt pretencious like many restaurants in the wilmslow area.

John Cavanagh 71/2 /10 April 2013

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Handforth, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a new restaurant in Handforth, and we had looked forward to giving it a go. Managed to book on Saturday afternoon for that night-recommend you do book as it does get very busy.
We were greeted and shown our table immediately on our arrival-drinks ordered came quickly as we chose our meals. There was quite a wait between our starter & mains(about 30 mins) and this seemed to be the norm for many other customers. The food was only average I have to be honest in saying but decent portions I suppose. The restaurant was very busy, so was also very noisy-some may like the liveliness, but we found it not to be a relaxing ambience. We also found it to be quite dark in places, making it difficult to read the menu. They don't have a desserts menu as such, but instead they wheel around a large cabinet on wheels which looks awkward as they move it around the tables.
So I guess we were disappointed in our overall experience, but we will try it again in the near future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant a few weeks ago and unfortunately it was very quiet, we were the only people in there, which isn't the fault of the restaurant but there was no atmosphere! All we could hear was the overly loud staff having a good chit chat behind the bar while only one poor guy did any work.
Food- was O.K., certainly wasn't the best I've ever had, nor the worst. The tomato garlic bread was good, however the cheese garlic bread was very dry, hardly any cheese or garlic and just totally lacking in taste. Again the pizzas were lacking in cheese, hardly any! They were also very very thin. I like thin pizzas but there was hardly any base! I also specifically asked for something to be left of my pizza, but it wasn't. This wasn't an issue as I picked it off but a little worrying seeing as we were the only people in there. They also took a long time to come out.
Overall, a disappointing visit. I would however give it another chance as it is a new restaurant and it was O.K.

• Visited March 2013