“Good Busines hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Wilmslow Road, Handforth SK9 3LG, England (Formerly Pinewood Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Holstebro, Denmark
“Good Busines hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Easy to find and large parking space. Warm welcome in reception. Rooms a bit small but did get one with garden view. Room clean and all needid for business trip. Bathroom ok. Very large and nice garden with tables and drinks served as well as food only minus in the garden was the noice from the very close mainstreet , Good restaurant with a smiling and very proff staff doing a good job, meals very good , good portion and well presented. Room rather hot in the nigth, no climat control, but understood that the area normally do not have this type of weather. Slept ok and had a very good full breakfast in the morning. Very pleased with my stay in this hotel very well llocated to take of from the Manchester airport in the morning, only 15 minuts away. Can recommend this hotel for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team who will be thrilled to have received such positive comments.

John Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York. New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

With six hours to kill at the airport we stumbled across this hotel at 7am. They could not have been nicer.we had a wonderful breakfast and a few hours of much needed sleep in a beautiful and comfortable room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night before flying out from Manchester and then left our car here until our return. On arrival we were pleased to find we had received a complimentary upgrade to the bridal suite, even though it wasn't necessarily a special occasion. The downstairs of the hotel looked lovely as did the gardens but as we have friends in Manchester we ventured into the city centre for dinner. The room was a decent size, the furnishings were nice, slightly dated for our taste but a nice bathroom and a lovely four poster bed with flatscreen tv.

What I really want to commend this place on is their fly package. When checking in they booked our outward bound and return private taxis to take us from the hotel to the airport and vice versa for no extra cost. As soon as we took the bags up to the room I received a text from the taxi company confirming my booking (very efficient). When the taxi arrived at the hotel to pick us up I received another text to say they were outside. The trip took around 10 minutes to terminal one.

My only gripe with the hotel was that we requested a wake up call and we never got one. Luckily we had also set two alarms as we were being picked up at 3.30am!

Overall for the cost I think this place was spot on, we paid £73 for one night and 15 days parking... parking on its own was nearly this price for the time we visited! Not the ritz, but what do you really need to bunk down in before you fly out! Clean and comfortable. Would use again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your comments to my team.

I sincerly apologise you did not recieve your wake up call, I will discuss this with the nights team to ensure this does not happen in future.

Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Easy free parking; pleasant check-in; nice environment (lots of wood); decent enough room (quiet, nice view onto large garden); interesting dinner-snack served quickly; free Internet; decent breakfast (bacon a bit salty). All in all a very good pre flight stay. I shall use again when flying out of Manchester. 5 mins to the car hire return.

Room Tip: I overlooked garden - was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I was in a double room. Very small rooms. Tried the restaurant. 50min wait for tough steak&chips. Sold out of my first choice (lamb) ordered at 7:15pm.
Double bed is as it says on the tin.
Pleased Im only here for one night.

• Stayed August 2013
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regards your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I sincerely apologise for the concerns that you have raised regards to your experience in the restaurant. My Team do strive to deliver consistent high standards throughout the hotel and I do apologise that on this occasion we did not deliver.

Rest assured I will certainly make sure that your comments are addressed so that other guests do not experience the same issues that you have done.

Kind Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Best Western Pinewood on Wilmslow is a fantastic venue for a wedding. We recently got married there and had a fantastic time. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the quality of the decor, food and grounds was excellent. Every time we have visited the hotel leading up to the 'Big Day' we have always been greeted with a lovely floral display. The events staff are fantastic and could not have been more helpful to ensure everything was set for the day. We had a pre wedding meal on the Friday and the Duty manager, Lucy and her staff were fantastic.
Thanks again to the hotel and staff for making our special day go so smoothly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Alison

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regards to your overall Wedding Day at BEST WESTERN PUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your Wedding Day from start to finish and that my Team look after you and your guests in a very friendly, efficient and professional manner. We all work hard in ensuring that all guests receive high standards that we strive to deliver and receiving such positive feedback like yours is very encouraging to say the least.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team who will be thrilled to have received such delightful feedback.

Thank you again.

All the best in the future from all of the Pinewood Team.

wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

we booked an overnight stay, with taxi to Manchester Airport (return) and parking for a couple of weeks. We had our evening meal included and a breakfast on our flight day. The room was fine , clean comfortable everything you would think a Best Western to have. The staff are helpful and polite and the food of a good standard too. Our car was nice and safe BUT a word to the wise avoid parking under the trees at the rear. I am not fussy but i still havent managed to get off the industrial strength bird poo which really covered my car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

I do apologise regards to the issue with your car and I will certainly make sure that other guests are aware of this situation with the birds in the trees.

John Scott

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow? Share your experiences!