“WILL NOT GO BACK.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Wilmslow Road, Handforth SK9 3LG, England (Formerly Pinewood Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Handforth
Manchester, United Kingdom
“WILL NOT GO BACK.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at The Best Western, Pinewood last weekend whilst attending a friends wedding in Styal. Location was good, easy to find, staff friendly... but on arrival noticed how small the bed was (paid for a double, was more like queen) However as we were leaving for the wedding we didn't have time to ask to change. Also saw a friends room who had paid the same price... they got a double bed.

I was woken up around 6.30-7.00am by the noisy plumbing or central heating, which accompanied by the room being INSANELY hot meant that was me awake for the rest of our stay. Which didn't last much longer (we left around 7.30am), neither my girlfriend or myself could stand the heat (even with the window wide open).

As we left I mentioned to the the staff member on the desk that I'm not one to usually complain, and I'm not (or one to write reviews, but have left compelled in both instances) The staff member was very nice, apologised, took my mobile number and promised someone would be in touch to address my issues. 3 days later, I've not had a call. Bad customer service. More than disappointed after reading such glowing reviews. As I've said, won't be going back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Neil

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail over the telephone I do appreciate your time.

I have made my team aware of your overall experience at the hotel to ensure that my other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion and I’m pleased that we could come to a positive resolution.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Booked hotel for one night through expedia and was not planning to arrive until late in the evening. I arrive at 22.30 and the reception staff was very friendly but when they started to look for my booking it had not been passed through from Expedia. The hotel was busy and no standard rooms were available. They found me one but it was small and at one end of the hotel. The room was clean but when anone walked in the corridor the floors creaked and it sounded as though they were walking through the room which was a little unnerving the first few times this occured. I would give the hotel another go but I would book direct and not through Expedia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion regarding your reservation at the Hotel and I will certainly look into this matter with Expedia to make an understanding of what happened to your reservation.

Thank you for your kind words regards to my Reception Team being very friendly I will certainly communicate your kind feedback to them.

Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

One night stay on business. Hotel was fine - pleasant, spacious room, friendly staff, nice ambience. Couple of small problems - evening meal took ages. Had a wedding party staying who ordered before me, so meant 40 minute wait for starter then further 15 minutes for main course. Could not then be bothered to wait for dessert. Other diners were grumbling about wait - they were offered a complimentary drink, I was not. Oh well, maybe should complain next time! Breakfast poached eggs served (plonked) on plate and were undercooked. Minor problems though - would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest

It is very disappointing to read that your overall dining experience was one to remember for the wrong reasons and it is very unusual that I receive negative comments about the service that we offer. I will certainly discuss your feedback with my Operation Manager who will review the diary management for the Restaurant bookings so that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

I will also discuss your comments regards to your breakfast experience with my Head Chef, again it is very unusual to receive a negative comment regards to the breakfast that we offer, rest assured this will be dealt with to ensure that the standard of food presentation is consistent daily.

I’m pleased to read that you would return to the hotel again. I will certainly make sure that your areas of concern are address with my Team.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Langkawi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed twice in the last couple of weeks and found this to be one of the BEST hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are absolute stars, they work well together and couldn't be more friendly and helpful, courteous and attentive. They also have been seen to have fun whilst working which is very good, means they enjoy their jobs. The management should be very proud of them all.
I arrived at 10.30 pm the first time, after a very long flight from Malaysia but was very efficiently and quickly checked-in. My room was one of the best in the hotel (upgrade !) even though I was alone, I had a huge, comfortable bed and a lovely bathroom.
I had a room service meal which was served quickly and didn't cost the earth.
Breakfast is served in the upstairs dining room and has everything possible on offer. I had far too much to eat that morning but at least it saved on meals for the rest of the day ! The dining room staff are great and the chef even managed to get my crispy bacon just right.
I asked for (and was given) the same room on my return and was not disappointed. Again the service was impeccable and the food just as good.

The hotel is on the main road in Handforth and is easily located. I chose it because it is just 5 minutes from Manchester Airport but also near to good shopping areas and attractions. It has a lovely garden and a quiet lounge area for those wanting to read or just enjoy a drink or casual meal.Sadly it was too cold for me to eat outside but on a sunny day it would be ideal.

If you are flying in or out of Manchester this hotel is definitely the one to choose, I would recommend it to anyone for business, leisure, shopping in Manchester or a day out in Liverpool. It is perfectly placed for all of those.

Room Tip: Go for the King Size bed, so big you can get lost in it, so comfortable you need a good alarm clock...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

Service to our guests is something we all take pride in here at the hotel and I will certainly communicate your wonderful comments to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Thank you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This may be unfair to the hotel as it is not clear where the error started and finished.
I pre-booked and pre-paid through Hotels.com and was bringing my 78 year old father to Old Trafford for a treat. On arrival: no booking and hotel fully booked with less then 3 hours to get to the football match.

After a 45 minute wait the receptionist (on her own) was struggling to deal with Hotels.com (on my behalf) and deal with other customers checking in and incoming calls etc.

She finally (correctly) took control and re-booked us in another local hotel and arranged taxi. It was a relief to have someone sort this out and we got to the game on time.

I will name her as she deserves credit and saved BWP Pinewood from a 1 star rating (take note of this star employee Best Western Plus Pinewood) and thanks so much for your help Hannah!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regards to what you experienced at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

First and foremost I do apologise inconvinience caused on this occasion regarding your pre-booked room through hotels.com. It is very disappointing to hear you came across this when arriving at the hotel. I will certainly look into this with hotels.com and ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Hannah on Reception I will certainly communicate your kind words with her.

Thank you again and I apologies for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Wilmslow Road
Mobile – 07976801759
jscott@pinewood-hotel.co.uk
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed the night before our holiday, was friendly and efficient, rooms very comfortable, left too early for breakfast!! How ever stayed the night we returned from our holiday. We arrived late but check in was quick and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Had a wonderful full English breakfast and the manager even gave my son an Easter egg as we had missed Easter!!, would definately use the hotel again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Katie,

Thank you for your positive scoring regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.
I will certainly communicate your high scores to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and hopefully this time you can stay for breakfast

Thank you again.

BEST WESTERN PLUS PINEWOOD ON WILMSLOW
derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having stayed at quite a few Best Western Hotels in the past I was wondering what would the improvements to add a "plus" .Dissapointingly in my opinion it rates no higher than the standard Best Western and does struggle to reach that level .I stayed for several nights on business in the area and the first room I stayed in was noisy (mechanical) all the time ,when moved it was slightly quieter but still an irrtating radiator hiss.
The highlight of the trip was the quality staff at breakfast always friendly and extremely helpful ,a big thank you to them - even in the chaos of an invasion of the chinese coach trip they managed to maintain their sense of humour.Another positive side were the beds in the rooms , very comfortable although the rooms were let down by the dated bathrooms definitely in need of renovation.
Overall not a bad hotel ,lovely grounds even better staff but still dosen't add up to a "plus".

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor rooms avoid room 19 at all costs unless deaf.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest

First and foremost I must apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion. It is very disappointing and unusual to have received a negative comment regards to the mechanical noises within the hotel and I will certainly discuss your comment with the Maintenance manager who will look into your concern.

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to your overall breakfast experience I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I will ensure that your negative comments are addressed to make sure that other guests do not experience the same issues as you have done.

John Scott

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow? Share your experiences!