“good standard budget stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Mersey Street | Centre Island, Ellesmere Port CH65 2AL, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ellesmere Port
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“good standard budget stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night after a busy shopping day at Chesire Oaks. The hotel was immaculatly clean and good sized rooms. Although dated there was no complaints. Bar was a little expensive at 7.90 for 2 drinks.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have to be fair and say that my review does not cover accommodation or overnight stay, which I believe to be top rate, merely the way the hotel handled a seasonal, gluten-free lunch for 60 or more Coeliacs. The restaurant is in a prime location overlooking the National Canal Boat Museum, with diners looking out onto an assortment of gaily painted narrow boats in their moorings.

This is not the first time I have attended such an event at this hotel and, if memory serves me well, this has even shown some improvement since last year. My wife and I were made welcome in a friendly way and dining preliminaries were handled with smooth efficiency, making you feel less obliged than many other hotels serving up a Christmas meal. For a start, the seating arrangements left us feeling a little less overcrowded and crushed than our last visit. Starters were served and the main course took a hot buffet format and then, we settled down to a well-made, delicious offering.

. With a short pause to hold traditional raffle, the staff quickly removed used dishes and cracker remains and patiently prepared the sweet tables will little or no fuss. The sweet course consisted of both hot and cold variations, each being delightfully presented, and this led into a coffee finale, served at the table.

During the meal, staff regularly asked for our comments and proffered extra coffee or sweet to those still tempted, smoothly clearing our remnants whilst we carried on chatting with friends. Altogether, I found the experience a delight and and held no feelings of obligation or pressure to finish and go. I can see why our regional organizer returns here year after year. Thank you Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port, Wirral and organizer, Sylvia Hughes.

Room Tip: Unable to comment on rooms but lunch-time meals need to be tried. A pity it cost £9.50 for two bott...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My son and I were officiating at the Wales Rally GB Service Park on the British round of the World Rally Championship and were booked into this hotel for the duration of our time there. We took up residence on Wednesday 6th November 2013 and left Monday 18th November after 12 enjoyable nights. From the moment of our arrival to our departure during our numerous early breakfasts and late nights we experienced nothing but cheerful, friendly, efficient staff all with a ready smile on their face..
Due to the format of our duties we were only able to utilise the restaurant for a couple of evening meals and found the Table de hote menu very good value with good choice and fresh ingredients.
The breakfasts were excellent plenty of freshly prepared ingredients and large range of foods available.
I will very probably return with my wife so we can visit Cheshire Oaks and again enjoy the hospitality that I enjoyed during my visit.
Thanks to all the staff who made the stay a very pleasant experience and one I will want to repeat quite soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the 19.11.13
On booking into the hotel (early by the way) the lovely receptionist (Derron) quickly sorted both my colleague and I our rooms out. Very professional and friendly by the way.
We presented our products to customers in a small room where the temperature control seemed to be an issue.
We had a buffet style hit lunch in the restaurant where the food and service was excellent and the chefs should be commended.
That evening after a meal at a local restaurant I retired back to my room for a shower and a good nights sleep.
Unfortunately I was unable to engage the shower mechanism and for ease resorted to having a bath. I was feeling cold after the bath and tried to adjust the room temperature which had no affect what so ever in the room. I suspect it was broke just like that of the room we had presented in earlier that day.
When checking out I informed a receptionist of the issue. She was concerned and summoned her line manager who really couldn't care less to be honest. She more concerned about guests arriving for a meeting. I was left feeling disappointed.
On attempting to leave the hotel I was first blocked in by a delivery driver and then after 10 mins I was able to get out of the carparking space to get trapped once again by a laundry truck on the small single track bridge for another 10 min. This was very inconvenient and annoying.
I don't think I would choose to stop here again. There are some basic fundamental issues that need addressing to make this a good place to stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had the plesure of staying at the hotel for just over a month due to my work on the shut down on the oil refinery, during my stay the staff..... Stacey, Toni, Rick and especially Holly to name a few were great. Some of the other staff were great to but i cant remember their names, sorry. The rooms were nice and clean and the food was the majority of the time good ....but it depended which chef was on. I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed in the Holiday Inn from 6th - 8th of November. It was my first visit to Ellesmere Port to visit relatives. I took my mother. Let's get started on the review. ..
Staff: On arrival we were greeted by an amazingly friendly girl called Sinead. She was really welcoming and easy to get on with. We arrived at 10am so although our room was not ready Sinead kindly kept our bags. She always had a smile and a chat for us. Just a real gem. Vicky in the breakfast room too was brilliant at her job, always in hand to get anything we needed. Also Bernie one of the cleaners/fitness instructors was always buzzing about and good for a bit of banter Cheers folks.

Rooms: We had a double bed and sofa bed. Both comfortable and room clean. View out onto the lock with boats, ducks etc. Was just a nice temperature so I never used the air conditioning. Bathroom had shower and n bath with shampoo shower gel ect. Cleaners done a good job.
Location: Its located in a nice seeing beside the water. There are some nice old canal boats. Ellesmere Port itself does not have much happening but the Cheshire Oaks Shopping Center is only a 5 min ride away and is massive.

Breakfast: All you can eat self service breakfast. Lovely. You can have your cooked breakfast or cereals. One of the nicest breakfasts Iv had in hotels. Be aware if this is not into your room price its about £13 per person per day.

To sum the place up I would stay again no problem. The staff made the hotel and that means alot so if the managers reading this. .. give Sinead, Bernie & Vicky a big pat on the back cause they are a big part of what makes the place. See you again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed one night on a shopping trip. Staff really helpful and could not do enough for you. Hotel immaculate. Food ok but nothing special. Only fault was room too hot with air con not really working. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks? Share your experiences!