“So dissapointed :(” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Milestone carvery
Cheshire
“So dissapointed :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for years, and I gave it a very good review a while back - but had a poor experience yesterday, and felt I should put another review on. We came here for my birthday lunch just after it opened at 12:30pm. I noticed a couple of flies buzzing about, but all windows were open - so nevermind. Waitress friendly. Fiancé ordered the gammon, and I ordered the BBQ chicken - also the combo to share. To our surprise, the food arrived within 10 minutes! His gammon was really fatty, and my chicken crown was *very* dry. We guessed that the food had been cooked a while before and kept warm? Even the potato in some of the wedges in the combo were tinted green.... Anyways, we tucked in, and after a few mouthfuls, to my horror - found a large-ish pair of fly wings under the chips. Have never come across this before with food, and I actually felt really bad having to call the waitress over. She was very apologetic, and rushed to get me another meal. My fiancé was fuming, but I didnt want to cause a big fuss etc. Another meal arrived within minutes, but I only managed a quarter of it - just couldnt face it. We were in there approx 45 minutes, paid up and left. Maybe we shouldve made more of a complaint etc, but we just felt that gutted we wanted to leave. As I say, have been coming here for years - food has always been lovely. New chef? cost cuts? I dont know, but dont think we will try here again :(

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

49% Recommend
“well...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

the staff where very rude and incompetent.
the manger (short middle age lady with a blonde bob) was VERY rude when we queried the where abouts of our drinks.
the food was okay however the put the wrong sauce on our burgers.
good value for money with two for one offer but dont expect amazing service.

Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
“good value 2-4-1 but individually priced meals are expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

good value but if 2-4-1 wasn't offered I wouldn't pay the prices charged (£15-20 per meal)

wide variety and good selection of specials on the board

food always nice :-) especially the ribs!

good atmosphere on a weekend, but I've not been for a few years. they used to have karaoke on a few nights.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LANCASTER
“It's what it is ! Less than £50 for 7 of us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We chose the pub after facing the queues at nearby TGI and Franky and Benny's. a little apprehensive at first we sat at a table that had yet to be cleared andI moved the plates myself . We were travelling with some children with disabilities and it was getting late so chose to give it a go . All chose meals that varied from chicken tikka masala to beef in red wine ! We were warned that it could be 45minutes but the food came in about 20,all enjoyed the meals especially the beef n red wine with really nice buttered new potatoes and carrots. Young people had a pudding from children's menu and a couple of coffees for the adults. Bill was under£50! Much cheaper than TGI would have been .

Visited May 2013
wales
“Sunday lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Ordered 2 sunday lunches at 3.30pm.roast beef very fatty and tasteless.roast potatoes reheated by microwave very soft and wet veg hard and cold gravy like water.complained and given 20% discount.
A totally appalling meal NEVER AGAIN and it wasn't even busy

• Visited May 2013