“A Pizza Restaurant that can't cook a Pizza????” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Cheshire Oaks offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd, United Kingdom
“A Pizza Restaurant that can't cook a Pizza????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Visited Pizza Express Cheshire Oaks on a Sunday evening - 4 tables of people and 7 waiters so not exactly busy. Waited 20mins to take our order.

Starter was a lovely sharing board of salad, salami, tomatoes etc - thankfully all delicious.

Waited 15mins to clear table.

Pizzas arrived. 2 out of the 4 were returned as they were a complete soggy mess, even the waiter said they weren't cooked. The other 2 were also soggy but were eaten as family was so hungry. I was given a free coffee and we didn't pay for the 2 returned pizzas.

Still paid £35 for 1/2 family meal.

Slow service, poor pizzas, high prices. Won't be going there again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Poor service rude staff as obviously stressed but nice food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Came here for a quick bite to eat at lunch on a Friday. It was quite busy but not full and for every course we had to grab someone's attention to be served. Needs more staff waiting on!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to grab a bite to eat...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I seem to grab a bite here every time I go shopping around Cheshire Oaks. I always book a table so that it is ready after a few hours shopping. There has never been a problem. The food, drinks and quick service is good and I would say that the booths are probably the best places to sit. You can see people passing by shopping outside the window. Can't fault it, great little Pizza Express right in the centre of Cheshire oaks. Recommend to book before if you want a particular seat!

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cheshire
“Flavourite Salads and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Today I made my first visit to Pizza Express, Ellesmere Port in a long time and had a really great dining experience. My husband and I decided to have a light lunch so we both had salads. My choice was Pollo Pancetta, my husband chose a veg and goats cheese. The food arrived swiftly and beautifully presented with tasty strips of bread. Both of us were delighted with the quality of the food and the flavours were outstanding. Thank you to Jimmy and Ashley who made the salads...I was so impressed I even asked for their names!
The cleanliness of the dining area was very good and the toilets were spotlessly clean, it was also evident that the whole team worked well together, which is always a plus for us diners as everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
Well done Pizza Express your new menu looks fabulous and we are looking forward to trying some more items in the future.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire
“Disappointing service and atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This was the first time I had visited this pizza express restaurant after enjoying other franchisees in the chain. We had made a reservation but when we sat down noticed the table was not laid properly. Half the cutlery, napkins and water glasses were missing and when we asked the manager for the cutlery she was really rude and didn't apologise. The waiter who took our orders also seemed to lack any customer service that you expect when eating out.

The food took a long time to arrive but it may have been because they were very busy and seemed short staffed in the kitchen. Although the food was very tasty and at the standard I would expect from Pizza Express.

They did not take away our plates so eventually we had to go up to a waiter to ask for our bill. This waiter was actually very polite and friendly but seemed to be the only one like this out of the staff.

The atmosphere was a let down, it was uncomfortable eating so close to other people at their tables and we felt very exposed. That added to the poor customer service resulted in a disappointing visit. Although the food was great I won't be going back to this particular franchise again.

• Visited January 2012