“Dog Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Crewe

You added Holiday Inn Express Crewe to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Crewe
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Macon Way, Crewe CW1 6DR, England (Formerly Hotel Crewe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Dog Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Thank you so very much for a great stay! You could not have been more helpful with Foxy, the greyhound! Immediately we were offered a room with a balcony, which meant Foxy could feel more comfortable & staff were so accommodating at all times with her!
The room was nice and big with a lovely bathroom. A great tv with fabulous reception and plenty of free channels.
Breakfast rather limited.
Bar, very expensive!
Would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, it was a pleasure for the staff meeting yourself & your lovely greyhound.

I have also noted about the Breakfast & we are currently looking into ways in which we can improve the selections on offer.

I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Letchworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was my second visit to HI Express Crewe, I had a good welcome at check-in and given a room on the first floor which was spacious and overlooked a bowling green.

Rooms at HIX hotels are comfortable but at Crewe they are of a slightly better standard with a fairly luxurious feel. There was a king size bed, free wifi, TV with a good slection of domestic channels and tea/coffee facilities. The bathroom was fine with powerful shower.

The buffet breakfast was good but even at an early hour the breakfast room filled up very quickly. This hotel is a good solid choice in Crewe and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to our hotel & also thank you for being a return guest of ours, I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Checked into my room which was ok after a 4 hour drive. Looking forward to a meal I was presented with a menu which was poor to begin with, but only half the meals were available. I ordered lasagne which was the worst plate of food I have experienced in all my days of lodging for work. The only reason I did not walk out there and then was because I was only there one night. I went to macdonalds across the road for some edible food. I emailed my boss immidiately to inform him of the situation and urged him not to use this hotel again for any of our employees. We now use Hunters Lodge not far away which is far superior.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Bigbadbraz,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional information. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ironic I guess that I just wrote a large review and the internet cut out. In short, the internet has been a problem since day one ( this is my fifth night) and has actually managed to get worse. I mentioned something on the first and second nights. For me, I desperately needed the internet, but the GM really let down the hotel on this one. Both personal and work computer were loading pages like it was the late 90s.

Pros:

-Staff. These guys were awesome and tried to make sure everything was okay for all guests. Shout out to the young girl with the blonde hair who really went the extra mile during the stay. Thanks!!!
-Style. The room looked great and the bathroom was great too. Always hot water and quick was a huge plus. Shower pressure was some of the best.

Cons:

- Internet. Not much I can say except this was the worst internet of any hotel say I have ever had from traveling or leisure, both of which I do plenty of. I was given a cable from the front desk, and surprise, it worked! To the GM: fix your internet ASAP!
- Noise. Im not sure if these walls were built thick or not, but not only can I hear normal conversation, but I can also hear sex. Nothing like having to sit there listening to the couple beside you have sex as if its in the same bed as you. Gross.... And as for the door slamming and the noise from the room above, well, it reminded me of being back in my old college dorm! Garbage truck woke me up at 5:45 last night too, but that's okay, it gave me more time awake to think about how much I dislike this hotel.

Neutral:

-Breakfast was not too bad. It was not great, and was not a huge selection, but it filled a need and I can't complain.
-Location. If you need to get to the station, then this place is great. This is most likely the case as Crewe is a dead town not fit for visitors. If you need it for anything else, well, location is pretty bad.
-Bed. I was able to sleep for the most part, but by no means was the bed actually comfortable. Pillows were great thought!

The best I can say is avoid for business and be cautious for a stopover on the way to other UK cities. At this point, all I can do is tell my company and have them send others to Premiere Inn, or other hotels within the area. This is truly not worth the money (which was surprisingly high for my stay given the services) and not worth the trouble. What a shame. I wish I could just check out tonight...

Hope this helps!!

Again, thanks staff, you guys rock!

Room Tip: My guess is there is no good or bad room to ask for?
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Max M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise and internet connectivity prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We thank you for the high scores for Cleanliness and Service as well as your kind comments for the staff. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Yorkshire England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here on business and expected this hotel to be of the same standard as all the other Holiday Inns/Expresses which I regularly use! I waited for over 5 minutes to check in before a young man appeared and said he was attending to a maintenance issue. Eventually he returned, without apology and I was checked in. The bedroom was of reasonable size but very basic. I had only one sachet of coffee and one of the mugs was dirty, as I was travelling on my own I used the other! The bathroom was contemporary, very hot water in the sink but the shower lacked heat and power! The kettle had a faulty switch and would not boil unless you held your finger on the switch for the entire time. The bed was hard, there was no mattress protector, just a thin white sheet straight on top of the mattress, all the buttons in the mattress were very prominent and uncomfortable to lay on. There were two choices of pillows, firm and soft, however there was no filling in either, both very flat, hard and uncomfortable.Thin walls and creaky floor boards kept me awake for most of the night. In the bar area the staff were multi tasking between the kitchen/reception and serving drinks I waited for over 5 minutes to be served. The menu choice was very limited, I ordered a meal which arrived within 10 minutes, however the food quality was tasteless and poor. The majority of customers in the bar were tradesmen, some of who were bringing in their McDonalds takeaways which they then sat and ate in full view of the residents and hotel staff whilst having a drink! Breakfast was absolutely terrible, the fruit juice was so watered down it had no taste at all and the hot food looked like it had been in the cabinets for ages, I decided to give it a miss and make do with a cup of coffee. At £99 per night I would have expected a lot better, this was my worst experience of staying in a Holiday Inn property and I have stayed in many. Having said this there was a notice at reception which said the hotel was owned by one company, managed by another and was part of the IHG group! I will not let this bad experience put me off staying in the Holiday Inn chain again, but would I return here? No, one visit was more than enough and next time I am in Crewe I will be staying somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid all the noise from the McDonalds restaurant adjacen...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear PinkDaisyDot

Thank you for review of Holiday Inn Express Crewe. I'm sorry to read that you have experienced some problems on your recent stay with us. I have taken all the comments on board and have addressed this with the team to address these issues. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Waited 5 mins to check in as only 1 person working between reception and bar. Booked double room but was given twin room. Bed not very comfortable. Breakfast was pretty bad very little choice. Wont be back here in a hurry

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear agp1980

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Express Crewe. Im sorry to read that you experienced problems during your stay. We have taken the comments on board and discussed these with the team to address the issues raised. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My sister works for holiday inn express so she booked us two rooms as we were attending a wedding in Nantwich. We had a pleasant stay the room was very clean and we had a great sleep! Staff were great checking us in and out. Car park was free. Breakfast was probably the worst out of all the holiday inn's I have stayed in, my sister said there was quite a few things missing off the breakfast, there wasn't much choice, no croissants and had to wait a while for sausages. I have recently stayed in the holiday inn express in Birmingham and the breakfast was fab there. Overall great for what we paid.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katie-Aaron

Thank you for review of Holiday Inn Express Crewe. I'm sorry to read that you have experienced problems with breakfast. I have taken all the comments on board and have addressed this with the team to address these issues. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crewe? Share your experiences!