“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Crewe

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Crewe to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Crewe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Macon Way, Crewe CW1 6DR, England (Formerly Hotel Crewe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Crewe
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great value for money and very close to the station (3 minute walk). The room was compact and clean and had all the requirements, great for an overnight stay, wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer due to the lack of atmosphere.  The restaurant felt like it was in a corridor, bar was very basic and lounge was squeezed in to the restaurant corridor! The staff were very friendly, but I felt like I was being interviewed for my room on arrival - was this the first time in Crewe, what was I doing here, who did I work for! After all these questions I thought there might have been a reason, no - just questions.  I had to eat out due to the basis selection of food, restaurants are located ten minute walkaway  or a short taxi ride.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. Im sorry to hear that the hotel menu was not upto the normal standard that you would expect, this is a limited menu that we use in the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was very impressed during my overnight stay. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable room with giant shower. Great breakfast and central location for university/town centre of Crewe. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lovely bedroom and small shower room. Well decorated, well lit and clean but poor internet connection. Food in the restaurant in the evening was very average but I wasn't expecting a culinary feast. Brekfast better. Overall, a very pleasent evening.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and I got one.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review.its disappointing to hear that our Internet connection was not up to the usual standard that it is, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my friend as we were visiting her son who is at the university campus. It was excellent. Very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Its close to the railway station and also we had a room with a nice view of the bowling green behind. The buffet breakfast was also very nice. For a budget hotel we could not have asked for better.The reviews I read previously were mixed and I am glad I did not let them put me off.I will definitely stay in a Holiday Inn chain hotel again, if this is their standard.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked the Holiday Inn as I knew exactly what to expect from this chain and they delivered exactly that. Should one need a plusher fussier hotel than there are other options in Crewe. Suffice to say that it was exactly what I ordered, expected and paid for.
Internet connection was strong. (and in each room)
Breakfast adequate,
Rooms clean.

Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I work away most weeks all over the UK and this hotel is just what I need.

Clean consistent rooms, plenty of pillows, fantastic shower, good tv picture, sufficient amenities and simple breakfast, all for little more than £65.

I stayed here a lot over a 3 month period and chose it even despite a longer commute in the mornings.

Yes it is simple, but thats the best thing about it for me. Two niggles, not always easy to get the right room temperature and the shower has been cold.

Good work, highly recommended for travellers like me...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. The number issue is being sorted, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Another good holiday inn express.
Rooms and bathrooms are slightly bigger than the normal and the bed was massive.
Internet was fast and free!
Meal deal with a pint if Stella was good value!
Good M6 stopover hotel,

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crewe? Share your experiences!