“Beautiful old building” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful old building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our third visit here. We have stayed twice before as a stopover on the way from Kent to Scotland and we have enjoyed our visits. I did think it had gone slightly downhill this time but to be brutally honest that with more to do with the standard of the guests rather than the staff or the hotel! Crewe Hall itself is a beautiful building with a tree lined driveway leading up to it, it feels very grand as you arrive. The staff at check in were very helpful and we had two interconnecting rooms in the modern wing. Really the whole hotel is in the modern part (restaurant for dinner and breakfast, main bar and spa) but I would recommend spending some time in the garden if the weather allows. The garden is beautifully kept and really stunning. We were the only people out there on the evening we stayed which was a bit bizarre. The downside is really the restaurant. It cannot cope when the hotel is full. We tried to book for dinner and the only available times were 6.30pm or 8.30pm. We opted for 8.30pm and when we arrived the restaurant was packed. The harrassed staff warned us there could be a long wait for food. I don't know what the hotel could do to rectify this problem other than increase the size of the kitchen and restaurant but something does need to be done about it. The staff were incredibly kind and the restaurant manager seemed genuinely concerned that we had two children with us and that they would be waiting hours for food. He very kindly prioritised our order and we got food straight away so he definitely deserves a special mention for that and it was very much appreciated. Breakfast was very nice with plenty on offer but as I said before it was really the guests that put me off - eating breakfast next to a guy in a vest covered in tattoos with a red baseball cap on backwards will give an indication of the sort of thing I mean. Other than that everything was great and the staff do work very hard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Julia M,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and can only apologise that your dining experience was not as relaxed as you would have liked. Our Brasserie is a very popular destination for both our residents and local visitors and we are very proud that we operate a restaurant deemed as a destination of choice. I do hope this will not deter you from visiting us again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
Biddulph, Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed for one night on a Friday night special offer.After check in we went to our room it was very well furnished with a huge comfortable bed and a lovely garden view.The bathroom had a bath and a walk in shower with plenty of hot water and fluffy towels.We went for a swim and the pool was warm and clean lots of people were making good use of the spa.Our evening meal was taken in the bistro the food was cooked to perfection from fresh ingredients.the staff were pleasant and did everything they could to make sure we had everything er needed After a good nights sleep we had a delicious breakfast again prepared from fresh ingredients I loved the sausage and mushrooms .Everyone made sure we had a very pleasant stay. The perfect mini break for couples who need to get away from it all,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear supa2,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall.
I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your mini break with us and that our team looked after you so well. I very much hope that you will return to Crewe Hall in the future should opportunity allow.
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My daughter got married at Crewe Hall and the staff made the day incredible. Our room was a feature room and was large & elegant. The staff bent over backwards for us and made the day perfect. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Highly recommended

CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Tessie85,
I'm delighted the wedding day was a huge success and very much hope you will look back on Crewe Hall in years to come with the fond memories created.
Stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We wanted a short break which offers relaxing surroundings and spa facilities. The original part of this hotel is stunning and is not surprisingly a very popular wedding venue.
We were greeted warmly by the reception staff and checked in without delay.
Our room was in the new annexe and was exceptionally clean with all mod cons. Especially impressive bathroom!
The spa is extensive, gym very well equipped with latest kit but what makes this place truly outstanding is the friendly, helpful staff. Go on... Spoil yourself!

Dear Andrew B,
Thank you for your review.
I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Crewe Hall and that our team looked after you so well. With 21 Hotels in the Q Hotels portfolio conveniently located throughout the UK, I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

What a wonderful place! We stayed in a modern room (you can have a room in the old part). Great size, clean and comfortable. Great Air Con. Spa was fabulous as was the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. We will be coming again!

P.S. I would have liked mineral water provided in my room and hot chocolate with the drink making facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma Jane B,
Thank you for taking the time to review Crewe Hall.
I'm delighted that you intend on returning to Crewe Hall based on your experience on this occasion. Why not upgrade into one of our Q star bedrooms where lots of little extras await you along with complimentary mini bar, bathrobes and upgraded toiletries. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I spent quite a lot of time staying at this hotel some three years ago and had fond memories. It's just such a comfortable place to be. This time however I was a little disappointed. My room really was no more than average at best. There was NO magnifying or shaving mirror in the bathroom. This is a problem when you have reached a certain age and find yourself dependant on reading glasses. There was no minibar, and no complimentary bottle of water. This is a bit mean for a hotel of this class. The air conditioning was very noisy and I had to turn it off or not sleep. Worst of all I had a room with an interconnecting door. The room next to me was occupied by a family. People on business trips don't really wish to be disturbed in the night by squealing kids and snoring daddies, so please house them in different corridors.
On the plus side, the staff were as lovely as ever, and the food was very good too.

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms contains everything you are likely to need. Not all rooms are of the same stan...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear marioncherie,
Thank you for your review. I am most disappointed that your stay was questionable on this occasion however am pleased that the team looked after you so well. Next time you are looking to stay please do contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you get the room you want and that it meets with your expectations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at some very classey places and expected for the price this to be nice. The rooms were poor quality . The meal at the wedding was poor and the buffet was stale bread cold chips and the breakfast topped it " no tables " so they said sit at the bar it was like the services on the motorway . £158 a night I wouldn't pay 38 !!! There's far nicer places for weddings complete over priced hole !!!

CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear helen h,
I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Crewe Hall, especially regarding the wedding cuisine you received. The Bride and Groom were very pleased with their special day and I can only apologise that your experience was not in-keeping with theirs. I do hope, in time, you will consider staying at another Q Hotel.
Operations Manager

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!