“Fantastic value for money” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weston Road, Crewe CW1 6UZ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newton-le-Willows, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I booked Crewe Hall as a Autumn Spa package and couldnt belive the value for money.
As usual in Q hotels the customer service was fabulous from every member of staff.
The rooms were cosy and spacious, and although we were in the new part ,it was perfect for going to the Spa and the bar.
The food was really tasty and a good choice on the menus to suit most tastes.
The Spa was really good and the treatment was excellent, I left feeling really relaxed. (Thank you Julia)
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a complete relax and unwind ,It was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Juliee41,
I'm really pleased that you left Crewe Hall feeling utterly pampered and relaxed. We pride ourselves on our customer care and I am thrilled that our team looked after you so well. I hope you will continue to explore the other 20 Q Hotels which operate in the UK.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
Newton-le-Willows, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I visited Crewe Hall on a spa break with my sister and couldn't believe what we got for the price we paid! On our arrival we was stunned by the elegance, it is a beautiful hotel! As part of the package we had a light lunch which we thought was probably just a sandwich but was a 2 course meal! My mushroom risotto was delicious! After lunch our room was ready (2 hours earlier than expected) and our luggage was already there! Thank you Keith (Matt)! We changed and went to pool area which was very clean then had back/neck/head massage in the spa! Very relaxing thank you Amber! Later we had a meal in The Brasserie which again was scrumptious! Few extra drinks in the bar before bed in our very spacious room! Breakfast next morning was good but im always disappointed when I don't get black pudding but that is the only grumble I have! Like I said excellent value for money!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LouChappell,
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that we delivered excellent value for money and that all the team looked after you superbly. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

First, the Beauty, There is no doubt that the original Hall itself is truly a thing of Beauty. Unfortunately that's where it ends. The (Invisible from the front) extension to the original property is truly horrendous, bears no sympathy with the original, is cold glass & steel & routed in a similar fashion to a rabbit warren. Whilst the rooms are spacious & pleasantly furnished, the heating system makes a noise like a jet engine & the bathroom has no heating at all or hot water first thing in the morning!! The restaurant is similar in that it is austere & Spartan with indifferent service however the food itself is really quite good. I will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear itfcglenn,
I am sorry that you will not be returning to Crewe Hall. We are very proud to operate Crewe Hall as a hotel and have a great building where guests can explore the original building whilst staying in modern accommodation with all the modern trimmings our guests expect. I am sorry that you experienced an issue with both the heating and hot water and can assure you that these issues have now been resolved.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We booked a inclusive dinner, bed and breakfast package at a great price and were very impressed with the whole experience we had at Crewe Hall. The standard bedroom we were allocated exceeded our expectation, was large, very comfortable and had everything we needed. We ate both meals in the Brassarie and were very happy with the quality. In the morning we were able to continue using the leisure facilities after we had checked in so following a nice lie in and unrushed breakfast we went for a swim and Jacuzzi in the lovely quiet pool. The staff at Crewe Hall were excellent, very helpful and eager to please. We left feeling very relaxed and happy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LydiaMay,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team looked after you so well. We are very proud of the team at Crewe Hall and it is always a pleasure when our guests comment on our great customer service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Best regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

my friend and I booked a Spa day, it was an on line offer, only £12 for the 2 of us, on that basis it was nice enough to chill out, use the pool, steam room and spa. On arrival at reception we paid for our treatments, there was a notice that said there would be no running water from 2p.m. I did find this Spa very basic compared to Rookery Hall, from other reviews it seems that if you stay in the hotel you have a more luxurious experience, this was not the case in the spa and treatment area.
There is no lounge area to relax and have a drink close to the pool area, there are no plastic bags for your wet costume, we were not given a robe. There is nowhere to plug in your hairstraighteners. The changing area is clean but basic, one out of the 3 showers was out of order, the changing area has limited space,
We had lunch in the Brasserie which was very enjoyble and fairly priced
My pedicure was booked in for 2p.m and due to there being no water (now I would have filled the foot bath in advance!) there was no foot spa which meant my feet weren't filed as what would be usual. The cost for the pedicure was £30 which I felt was not good value for what I recieved.
My friend had a hot stone massage which was lasted 20mins, this seemed a bit short. we were shown into a lounge with dimmed lights after our treatments, this room had chairs with throws on and a bean bag on the floor, a jug of water and disposable cups, a bit tatty really, no mags, music or warm drink, when I have had treatments at Rookery there is a good selection of fruit teas along with water, at Alvaston Hall they always ask if you would ike a tea or coffee.
.I would go again on a cheap deal, I would have lunch in the brasserie though this means we have to sit there with bad hair! due to the limited facilities in the changing area. I wouldn't pay for any treatments again.

Room Tip: N/A didn't stop over.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear GillAtherton,
I am sorry that your spa experience was memorable for all the wrong reasons. I would ask anyone considering a spa visit to Crewe Hall to read all our reviews before making judgement on whether to visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The comfortable room was excellent, with lovely views over the extensive gardens. The separate shower and deep roll top bath in the generously sized bathroom were a definite plus. The food, both in the Brasserie and at the wedding reception were of a high standard and the well=trained staff were both helpful and courteous. When I arrived, there was a wedding reception in fully swing, but the good staffing levels meant that this did not affect the running of the hotel. On the day of the wedding, which I attended as a guest, I could not have asked for more attentive service. I booked in for two nights, so that I could join friends before and after the wedding, and would happily have stayed longer.

Room Tip: My room on the top floor of the old building had beautiful views. A cosy, warm room on a cold and fr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EnglishTraveller2013,
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at Crewe Hall and that the service you received from your initial check-in was followed through to your departure. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for just the one night on the 22nd of November.
It was booked via my work place for long service awards.
Arriving along the impressive drive the hotel comes into view and what an amazing looking place.
I arrived an hour early so my room wasn't ready, no problem, went for a look around the grounds and the rest of the hotel.
This is truly a majestic place, the interior was beautiful, made even better by the Christmas trees in almost every part of the hotel.
So to the staff, very friendly and efficeint, check-in was effortless, even asked if we wanted our luggage taken to the room.
I had no idea what room my work had booked but it was in the new part of the hotel,
Room was spotless and very modern although I was looking forward to one of the older rooms.

It was like a Premier Inn room but maybe slighty better but I couldn't fault it.Spotlessly clean.
Room was very cold and this was echoed by my work collegues on the their arrival, maybe the heating could be put on low just to take the edge off the cold, soon warmed up though.

Although our drinks were paid for duriing our stay, they were of good quality, San Miguel was the beer and Courvoisier was the brandy, Never had a bad drink all night. I think the price of the beer was £4.10 a pint. Glad they were free :-)

The food was very good although on the small size but that was OK as it was three courses, the Chicken I had with Pancetta was the best I've ever tasted
Service of the food and drink was also excellent.
We had breakfast booked for us aswell and I have to say it was the best full English I've ever had.
It was self service and the quality of everything on offer was perfect, no queuing and everything was hot and fresh.. Well done.
Never really thought of staying here before but it will be my first choice for special occasions and will highly recommned this hotel

The only downer was that the Sunderland Football Team were staying here and they are an ugly looking bunch ( only joking) Anyway they lost 2:0 to the mighty Stoke :-)

I shall also look at other Q Hotels when booking instead of the usual Premiers and TravelLodge
as paying that little extra is so much worth it..

Well Done everybody at Crewe Hall.. Keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve-and-Nikki,
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your event at Crewe Hall and that you were looked after so well.
Best regards
Operations Manager

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!