“One of the better Premier Inns in an already impressive chain” 5 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Crewe Central
Weston Road, Crewe CW1 6FX, England   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Bristol, UK
“One of the better Premier Inns in an already impressive chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's important to distinguish between one off problems and what are obviously poor standards. There are too many reviews on Trip Advisor that are just disgruntled guests who just suffered a one off unfortunate event but because of it decide to mark down a perfectly good hotel. I was amazed to see that this Premier Inn has suffered from that type of thing because I found it be one of the better ones I have stayed at.

Being one of the newer builds, rooms come with air conditioning and as I write this the temperatures across the UK are all 25 - 30 degrees. Room and bathroom are the usual layouts and very clean to my eye. Bed as comfortable as ever.

As for location, right by the railway station is a bonus for anyone arriving that way but I would say the Crewe City Centre is probably at least 20 minutes away by foot. The football ground is less than 10 minutes on foot.

My only criticism and it is a matter of taste is the Brewers Fayre pub when it comes to an evening meal - of all the different pub chains one can find on a Premier Inn site, it's my least favourite due to the limited nature of the menu and its over reliance on processed foods, chips and the grill. Ironically, this then makes the cooked breakfast an absolute gem! You can't have it all.

If I was returning to Crewe this would be my first choice for somewhere to stay. Although I did not try them, there are quite a few Indian restaurants by the station - and quite few pubs as well - so my recommendation is to eat up there of an evening and fill up on the breakfast of a morning

Room Tip: It's a small hotel so room choice is limited. There will probably be more traffic noise in some...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for your recent review on Crewe Central Premeir Inn.

It is nice to see that you have given other guests/bookers an understanding of the area and what is around the hotel. - This is good as peoples perceptions can be different.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you class us as one of the better ones. We are a new build with all the new aminities i.e. air conditioning, flat screen tv's..

I will pass on you comments to all the team here at Crewe Central Premier Inn, and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Amy - Reception Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I will be returning to this Premier Inn for a stay in September, we stayed here last year too. The hotel is immaculately clean, all the staff that we spoke to were polite, and extremely helpful, as were the staff that worked in the restaurant. The food was very nice and nothing was too much trouble. We were quite a large party, 9 of us, they put us all on the same corridor together. I am confident that our experience this time will be just as good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Crystal,

I would like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe Central Premier Inn, where you recently stayed.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and had great service. I will pass on your comments to the reception team, and housekeeping team as they all like to hear what our guests have to stay about their stay and how their work impacts guests.

I will also pass on your comments about the Brocklebank Brewers Fayre to Julie - the General Manager who will also be greatful if you have a moment to spare to write a review on their tripadvisor page, about your visit.

The team and myself look forward to seeing you again in September :)

Take care, and we will see you soon.

East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

After an on line booking, we stayed in this hotel for one night on the way to the Scottish Borders. The staff on reception were welcoming and well trained. The room was clean, well laid out and of more than adequate size. Despite Premier Inns claim to provide "incredibly comfortable beds", neither my wife nor I found the bed particularly comfortable. It was far too hard and unyielding, and this led to a poor nights sleep. This was exacerbated by the room provided (no: 11) being above reception and near a fire door and therefore noisier than I would have hoped. Breakfast and an evening meal were taken across the car park at the onsite Brewers Fayre restaurant. The staff in the restaurant were also very pleasant and helpful. The evening meal was good pub grub and the breakfast as good as any you will get.
If I needed to stay over night again in this area I would certainly consider this hotel, but would ask for a quieter room and hope that the beds had been improved.

Room Tip: Don't have room 11, it can be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on Crewe Central Premier Inn.

I am glad to hear that you had a good visit when you have come to stay in the Crewe area and pleased that you chose our hotel.

I will pass on all your comments to all staff here at Crewe Central Premier Inn, and I am sure that Julie - Restaurant manger of the Brocklebank Brewers Fayre would appriciate it if you could review their restaurant on tripadvisor if you have a moment to spare.

I am currently looking into the noise issue reguarding room 11, due to it being next to a fire door, and coming up with some solutions with maintenance. I have also logged the bed with our Head Housekeeper to check.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The welcome was friendly, helpful and professional (Premier Inn do train their staff very well) and the room was as expected, again up to the high standard that I am becoming very used to with Premier Inn. The room was spotless, well laid out and spacious. I do like the large beds which I find very comfortable. As I was travelling by train, the location was one of the deciding factors. A five minute walk from the station is ideal. Though I did not eat there, there is a pub restaurant with very reasonable prices. If/when returning to Crewe there will be no need to look any further than this Premier Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hello Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review for Crewe Central Premier Inn, We value all our guests feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I will pass on all your comments to all my colleagues.

I hope to welcome you back to Crewe Central Premier Inn, in the near future.

Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have yet to have a average experience at a Premier Inn. Once again, the rooms were extremely comfortable and very clean. The staff at this Premier Inn couldn't be more helpful. The receptionist was very welcoming and went beyond normal customer service, she was fantastic and very friendly. The cleaning staff always said good morning and their standard of cleaning was exceptional. I have never had a bad nights sleep at a Premier Inn, the beds are so comfy and pillows just right. We had an excellent value dinner at the Brocklebank Inn next door and the staff there were also very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a delight and the gentleman in charge of breakfast on Saturday morning just couldn't do enough for us. We had a fantastic weekend with family and the Premier Inn helped make our weekend memorable. Thank You very much, we really appreciate all your hard work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello Heidi,

I would like to thank you very much on completing a review for Crewe Central Premeir Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and I hope to welcome you back in the future. I understand that you enjoy staying with Premier Inn and I hope that, it will continue with the good service that we provide to all our guests.

I will pass on your feedback to all of my colleagues as we enjoy recieving feedback on our guests stay :) I will also pass on your comments to Julie the General Manager of the Brocklebank Brewers Fayre, but I know that she would be extremley grateful if you could do a review on the restaurant tripadvisor.

Hope to see you in the future.

Thanks
Amy - Reception Team Leader.
Bicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff warm friendly. I left very well satisfied with my experience. When my credit card statement arrived I found an unauthorised transaction after I had checked out. I have complained twice via the company's feedback system and have yet to receive any acknowledgement.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Crewe Central, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel was excellent, the staff there were very helpful and friendly. We stayed here for 3 nights to visit friends in Biddulph which is very close to here. It was a very clean room with a comfy bed. We had booked breakfast and had this across the car park at the Brocklebank hotel, very convenient. Dinner there as well which as OK, but the BF there as really good, cooked to whatever you wanted, even the number of bacon rashes. Highly recommend this hote.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello Debra,

Thank you very much for filling out a Trip Advisor Review for Crewe Central Premier Inn.

I am glad to hear that you had a very pleasent stay with us, and I am glad we were your choice of hotel due to location.

I will pass on all your kind comments about your stay onto my colleagues as we like to hear our guest feedback. I see you also dined in the Brocklebank Brewers Fayre, I am sure if you would like to write a review on Tripadvisor for them Julie the General Manager would be grateful.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amy - Reception Team Leader

Been to Premier Inn Crewe Central? Share your experiences!