“Unexpectedly Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Crewe

You added Ramada Encore Crewe to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Crewe
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Emperor Way | Crewe Business Park, Crewe CW1 6BD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Unexpectedly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Book a double room last minute for £29 for one night due to business. So didn't really expect much from the hotel. But later on I phoned up to upgrade to a family room, thinking this might cost extra. But no it was free! Upon arrival, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room and the whole hotel is very Morden and Clean. Food was delicious at a very reasonable price. So can't fault it in anyway. Will consider Ramada again in the future for sure.

• Stayed April 2014
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ramada Encore Crewe, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be using us again in the future.

David Tucker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked this for a one night stay to be lose to where my meeting was. Obviously the building was intended to be an office block and had been converted. I arrived to find no one on the reception desk.Quite odd as the person I saw in the back office had seen me walk in the building, with a bag so it was obvious I was going check in. When I went down for breakfast, again there was no staff to be seen, so I just helped myself anyway as it was obliviously a buffet, someone did eventually come and ask me my room number, nothing else. Yet again on departure, just after 9am, when I got to the desk there was no member of staff on on the desk.

The room was nothing special, I had booked a double room with a sofa, and it was less than spacious. The only redeeming feature was the walk in shower. There is no wireless internet access in the rooms only a wired connection exists, a major oversight in this day and age when most people have at least a smartphone and or tablet of some description. The bed was OK, quite small for a double. The food at breakfast was uninspiring, cardboard like bacon and not even a great selection.

If I am in Crewe again I wont be back here, it was uninspiring and below average.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I will be addressing the issues you raised with the team to ensure they are not repeated for our future guests. I do hope you change your mind and give us another chance if you are staying in the area.

North Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The title sums up this hotel fairly. Stayed here for two nights with my partner and the hotel was good value for money, however very clinical in its appearance and the rooms and hotel as a whole is very basic and is definitely a budget hotel. Staff were pleasant enough on arrival and were always on hand for help and assistance, however due to the location of the hotel being on the Crewe business park, the hotel is more suited to those on business or looking to get their head down for the night rather than a couples weekend away.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Although it is disappointing to read that the style and location of the hotel was not to your taste, I am pleased to see that you found us to be good value for money. Thank you for your feedback.

Kingston upon Hull UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here as part of a national coach trip. The hotel looked very impressive from the outside and our room was lovely, nice wooden floors, comfy bed and a lovely shower room. Our choice of evening meal was a bit of a let down as the choices were very limited and certainly not what I would regard as suitable for a range of people, with a veg curry, lasagne and pangasius fillet, which we had to google as we didn't have a clue what it was (shark catfish!) being the choices. The food itself was okay, we chose the lasagne which came with a slice of garlic bread - some salad or vegetables would have been a welcome addition.
This hotel is on a business park in the middle of nowhere so you are reliant on the hotel's bar or TV in your room for entertainment.
Breakfast was okay, choice of cereals, croissants and full English, after breakfast, and as it was a nice morning, we had time for a walk round the nature walk which is just outside the hotel, this was very nice, although would add someone needs to pick the litter up around the lake as that really lets it down.
Overall a reasonable experience and would use the hotel again. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will be passing on your comments to the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on our way back south after a few days in Snowdonia and chose this hotel due to its proximity to Crewe Alexandra FC (approx 20 minutes walk) where we were going to watch a football match. It is situated on the edge of a business park and has a large on site car park. The most suitable words to describe the hotel would be basic, budget, spartan, functional. Furniture/furnishings in the room were basic;there was no wardrobe, just hangers; the floor was wooden with no floorcovering and lighting not really adequate for the room. The bar/restaurant area has numerous tables, chairs and sofas but no real character, warmth or personality. There was nothing there to encourage us to linger once we had had something to eat and drink, Having said that the service from all members of staff (reception and particularly the bar)was excellent and the food and drink could not be faulted. As a place to stay for 1 night it fulfilled its function....a bit expensive at £64 room only, If you are looking for something with a bit of character and comfort, this may not be the place for you,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed here with a group of college students on an EF tour.

Our room had a double and a twin bed. Comfortable mattress and plenty of pillows. Room darkening drapes.

The bathroom had a shower, no tub. Plenty of hot water and water pressure..

I would stay here again

The evening meal was lasagna. I would describe it as cafeteria food, not restaurant food. Continental breakfast was good. Juice, coffee or tea, toast, dry cereal, etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ramada Encore Crewe, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am pleased to see that you had a good stay with us and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your tour.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Came here recently booked by work for a conference. The initial first observation of the place interior and exterior is generally pleasant and the bar seating area also good, clean modern. However upon entering the conference, one of the smaller meeting rooms the furniture is in dire need of replacing and would not be a choice again for a formal meeting. Very odd shaped tables with what i can only describe and extremely extensive damage to them and the leather chairs, where the leather cover has peeled off. From what i can see a very easy remedy that could be made and i can only thank that this conference was internal and not an external conference for customers as the impression given is well lower than i would expect. We also booked for the buffet around lunchtime. Again this was a let down. Spaghetti, very overcooked gammon pieces, roast potatoes, coleslaw, and fish in very very poor batter. There was salad but only garnish salad and the chips were brought out about 10 minutes after we'd all filled our plates with the very odd assortment. All in all noone had anything positive to say about the food or the lack lustre service, except for the dessert. Which was a large serving of chocolate cake with cream.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ramada Encore Crewe, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback from your conference with us. I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience. I have recently received quotes from several companies to have our conference furniture either repaired or replaced so I will be looking into getting this done very soon. I have passed on your comments on to our Chef's and thankfully the feedback on our conference lunches since has been very positive. Once again my apologies and I hope this does not deter you from using us for conferences in the future.

David Tucker

Been to Ramada Encore Crewe? Share your experiences!