“modern Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Crewe

You added Ramada Encore Crewe to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Crewe
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Emperor Way | Crewe Business Park, Crewe CW1 6BD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Bedfordshire
“modern Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is out of town just off the main road and is on a office estate but quite, rooms are clean but basic i.e. no carpet on the floor/wooden foor and limit TV stations. Food okay restaurant is soulless. That being said the hotel is clean through out and staff very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ramada Encore Crewe, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. See you again soon.

Ilona McNeil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
barnoldswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed in a couple of the Ramada encore hotels but this was just brilliant considering price and location! Lovely small nature reserve at the side (we luckily had a view of it from our room). Easy to find, room spotless, bed comfy,four pillows on bed of high quality, large clean wet-room, good size sofa and modern tv. Menu and information very helpful. Outstanding price as we paid £25 for the night! But what was outstanding was the staff and especially the guy on reception, Kevin he was called. So helpful and informative and had a fabulous sense of humor and nothing was too much trouble! (rare sometimes in the larger chain hotels). My husband and i will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Think we had room 231, nice view of nature reserve and university
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I will pass your comments on to Kevin and the team. See you again soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel was clean, functional and spartan but I suppose that is to be expected when paying £64 per night. The breakfast was basic but quite good, even if there were no eggs available on the morning of my visit. The choice of TV channels are also very basic and the actual TV reception left a little to be desired. On the plus side a cable was provided in-room for free internet access which is a big positive considering the number of hotels charging for what should be a basic service. The staff was polite and courteous plus when a request was made for an ironing board it arrived in little or no time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about not having eggs available in the morning. This particular morning was quiet in the Restaurant so we provided eggs to order. However, a team member should have informed you and taken your order. Once again my apologies and I hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at the Ramada for 5 nights. The staff were very friendly helpful and professional. We did have problems with getting vegetable sausages. These were supposed to be provided but we were told that they had run out. The supplies of food needs to be better organized as it shouldn't take 3 days to get food. The hotel had also run out of grapefruit.However, the chef did make a good cheese omlette to compensate.
I do feel that more thought ought to be given to vegetarians as they get a rough deal, even though they pay the same amount for the package.
The first two days of breakfast were very good with the food being hot and with a good choice.
On the plus, the room was very clean. We found the beds and pillows a bit uncomfortable but I guess we all like different levels of comfort.
If people are staying for more than a day, there does need to be more space for clothes. There was no wardrobes, just a few hangers.
The shower was very good but the open plan did make the bathroom wet which may be an issue if you get wet socks!!
I did feel that the wooden floor is good for hygiene and cleanliness but cold for feet, especially if you haven't brought slippers.
It was good to have free broadband internet in the room. However, the TV channels were limited. The good thing was that the football matches were shown down in the lounge, which kept hubby happy and gave me time to read. Thank you for the reading lights which I found very good.
The coffee/ tea making facilities was very welcomed. the hotel provided caffeine free tea and coffee when we requested it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I really must apologise about not having vegetarian sausages available. I will address the issue with the Kitchen team.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is in a quiet spot at the edge of a business park. There is a pub with good food & ales a short walk away. Our room was clean and spacious enough and the staff were courteous. The shower facilities were excellent. The big but for me was the bed. Each of the two nights that I stayed at the hotel I kept waking up with pins & needles in my arms. This was due to the hard bed. For this reason I have marked the hotel quite low. Another problem was with the breakfasts. Quite a good spread for £7 but the staff seemed unable to keep the foodstuffs & crockery replenished.

Room Tip: Book breakfast the day before and there is a saving
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.
I apologise about your breakfast experience and will ensure the team is re-trained. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

A functional hotel near the university campus and business park in Crewe.

Rooms clean and tidy but very functional with no real warmth.

Reataurant appears to be about warming meals up and adding garnish so pretty uninspiring. Good self service breakfast with plenty of choice.

Good value.
More a hotel for a business stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you liked the cleanliness, modern feel and good value of the hotel.
I can ensure you that all our meals are freshly prepared to order.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Southam, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I checked in without problem, went to my room and the key did not work. I returned with the key to reception to report this. The key was recoded and a manager came upstairs to check that I could get in OK. I went to dinner, charged the food to my room and was advised of a problem that the account was locked by the restaurant manager. He went to reception and unlocked it. I returned to my room and started to get ready for bed. At that point somebody entered my room as reception had booked them into it also. It seems the girl on reception had made an error and issued me with a keycard for 3## and checked me into room 2## instead. She had had two opportunities to correct the error but had not noticed. I phoned down to advise her and was left to feel it was my error that I was in the wrong room - she said she had to put me on hold whilst she sorted out "my problem"! I have never been treated in such a way in countless years of staying in hotels so I have complained to management and told them in no uncertain terms that I will not return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ramada Encore Crewe, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback given.

I really must apologise about your experience and Reception checking another guest into your room. I do understand that this is very upsetting and not acceptable.

As I explained to you whilst you were still at the hotel, this was due to an unfortunate human error that has been addressed with our Reception department.

As a gesture our Guest Service Manager had allowed your food off your bill and we also sent an apology letter with a bottle of wine to your room.

I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Ilona McNeil

Been to Ramada Encore Crewe? Share your experiences!