“Overnight Leisurebeak Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Overnight Leisurebeak Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I are both originally from Cheshire so know the location and history of this Hotel, it is just a couple of minutes from the adjacent Railway Station and thus ideal for visitors travelling by train, as we were, to meet up with family and have a meal in the restaurant that evening.
The ambience was good, the food very good, and excellent value for money, the staff helpful and it made for such a lovely evening. Definitely to be recommended! We will stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front appear to suffer most from the passing traffic on the adjacent A534, our room...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nantwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had booked in to the restaurant for Christmas Lunch, a group of twelve. The three of us were the first to arrive from our group, having given up on the car park and parked at the local DIY store, we decided to have a drink. Cheerful barman took order, lager and two Gin and tonics. Asked for lemon in the G&Ts, on searching was told no lemon available and it didn't make any difference to the drink anyway! The manager appeared in the locality and so I asked her for lemon, no problem, so off she went. She reappeared very apologetic, even the local convenience store didn't have any.
The restaurant was full to bursting, mostly seniors group outings. Service was good, though it felt as though we were part of a military operation. The meal was adequate though I think sherry trifle was a bit of a misnomer. The kitchen must be congratulated on their ability to cut the berry cheesecake into such small slivers, literally a mouthful.
I think the restaurant had taken too many bookings and it was all a bit frantic. Not an experience I shall repeat.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Tracey M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Crewe Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your lunch here last week. I explained on the day that our delivery was running late and did get someone to pop out to see if we could get some lemons for your drink, unfortunately the local store was also out. I did apologise for this on the day. We do indeed run large lunches in December however it was never frantic and the majority of the comments and the tips on the day were fabulous. We are busy and do run events with precision, it would be impossible to do such large numbers without good organisation. The sherry trifle is homemade and has been popular. We do not offer huge portions of desserts as generally after a large meal our guests prefer a smaller amount however had you asked on the day we would have been more than happy to serve a larger dessert for you. I am sorry that on this occasion you were not completely satisfied with the meal. May I wish you all the best for Christmas & the New Year Tracey Molyneaux General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had lovely meal at the Crewe Arms. Very good value for money (often lacking at this time of year) service was quick and nothing was too much trouble. A big thank you to all the staff and will probably be back next Christmas if not before

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your Festive lunch last Thursday and we do hope to see you next Christmas but hopefully before too. Best Wishes for Christmas & The New Year Tracey Molyneaux General Manager
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Firstly it must be hard for a business to patrol a car park when so close to a train station. It must be a pain in the neck for the management team and someone, somewhere, has determined that the current set up is less painful then trying to manage the car park manually.

I stayed in late October for one night. The room is perfectly decent, good to have Sky in the rooms, staff were pleasant, place was clean and breakfast was plentiful. It was exactly what we wanted and, at the point of leaving, I declared that I would return again as it was likely that I would be frequenting the area over the next few years. At this stage, a 4 star review.

Fast forward a few weeks and my company forward me a notice that I am to be deducted wages for a parking fine. I have to pay the £60 that my company paid plus we have an internal administration charge - lovely just before Christmas. My company then send me the notice of a fine for the Crewe Arms hotel for an unauthorised 16 minute stay. This 16 minutes was the time that I parked up, checked in, provided my car reg, got to the room, dumped the bags, possibly went the toilet - apologies for not recalling - and then back to the car to then drive away and meet up with relatives.

I must say that within 24 hours of emailing the General Manager has confirmed that the business is to be refunded by the outsourced company - no doubt with a delay and minus my admin fee that I pay - so credit where it is due it is being sorted. But why did it need to happen in the first place?

To say I am quite disappointed is an understatement. I really do appreciate that it would be a thankless task to manage but is it too hard to check my reg number against my booking? This would have stopped a lot of wasted time and another poor review about parking. It must be driving the manager mad to keep having their review figures so badly affected by what I expect to be an outsourced issue that the staff may never have had anything to do with. Shame.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Hoey, Many thanks for writing a review after your recent stay. When you contacted me regarding a parking ticket this was dealt with and resolved immediately. As we are next to Crewe Station we have no option but to employ a Parking Management Company, as without this valued guests such as yourself would be unable to park. I do hope you can appreciate our predicament and hope that you were not inconvenienced too much. Kindest Regards Tracey Molyneaux General Manager
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Three of us stayed for one night , one in a wheel chair , the rooms were lovely and comfortable , and the food (especially breakfast was delicious).
As it was a Saturday evening and possibly a function night , the bar appeared to be under staffed, and seating was extremely limited. We were in one of two coach parties staying.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so pleased that you found the food, service and rooms to your satisfaction. The bar was very busy on Saturday but after the arrival drinks were served it soon became a lot quieter. I do hope that you did not have to wait long to get served. Thanks again and we do hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Kindest Regards Tracey Molyneaux General Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was well kept and very clean. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Had evening dinner here and that was also quite good. Very nice people in the dining room. I had a nice large room. If you are traveling by train the station is across the road from the station. Only minor downside was a seemingly perpetually frazzled reception at the check in. I arrived at 1310 and was told by her that "Check in is at 1400" period, no apology or exclamation just like that is the rule so live with it. I was allowed to leave luggage while I walked around until the official check in time. Other than this minor inconvenience everything else was good. All things considered I think the Crewe Arms offers excellent value.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want to avoid the rooms on the west side near the tracks. Ther...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Tracey M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Crewe Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Wayne, Thank you very much for your review I am pleased that you liked the hotel and found all the facilities good. I will investigate the matter regarding the receptionist. Check in is indeed at 2pm however if a room is ready earlier which it generally can be then you should have been offered an immediate check in. Steps will be taken to ensure that this does not happen again. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this rudeness and I do hope that it will not deter you from staying with us again. Kindest Regards Tracey Molyneayx General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Crewe Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!