“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Good Night Inns De Trafford Hotel

You added Good Night Inns De Trafford Hotel to your Saves list
Good Night Inns De Trafford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Congleton Road | Wilmslow, Alderley Edge SK9 7AA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Alderley Edge
Hampshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love the premier inns you always know what to expect and it is always good value, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Alderley edge was no different, but there was a bonus in that the young lady who checked me in went out of her way to provide me with a breakfast on Christmas Day morning when, due to their commitment to provide Christmas lunch they were not providing that service and I explained I had been relying on that service to set me up for a good days hiking in the Peak District . Well impressed. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Farnborough, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was visiting a well known pharmaceutical company and this is the closest available. The hotel is as nice as it has ever been. The rooms are small and the shower (2/5 on Malcolm scale). The hotel is homely and the staff friendly. The restaurant is pretty good for a small pub-like venue. A fire alarm went off at 06:30, and I felt that the response could have more professional. I have contacted the hotel and wait a reply.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would normally say well a Premier Inn is a Premier Inn but not here. I have to commend the staff in both the hotel and the Trafford Arms Inn for their welcoming and friendly approach.

The rooms are fairly 'typical' of a Premier Inn being clean spacious and doing the job. My only gripe would be the doors which seemed to be on a spring and they took ages to close. The hotel is on a busy main road so inevitably there is traffic noise at peak times. Also any inconsiderate pub customers don't go unnoticed. However all in all I had good nights sleep.

The associated pub served pretty good food (Chef and brewer chain) and the xmas decorations and open fires made for a cosy homely feel. Certainly didn't feel intimated as a solo female traveller. It is possible to buy meal packages I opted for the continental breakfast (includes porridge) which is around £6.00 and is more than ample and tasty. There is the option to have a dinner and breakfast package but unless you have no dietary restrictions and a huge appetite I'm not sure its good value.

The Inn is right next to Alderley town so I would say there would be other options on food and entertainment for those who wanted it. Plus its close to the rail station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel was very convenient as I was on a works night out in Alderley Edge. It was very good value at £29 considering I only booked a couple of weeks in advance and didn't need the flexibility to cancel. The staff were very friendly, the room was a little on the tight side, but all I really needed was a bed and a shower and so it met my needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Madrid Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 concecutive weeks always weekdays. Its true that you cannot beat the price of this hotel as it is on teh budget end. Now the Rooms are big enough and the bed I really like and they are comfortable. The stuff is friendly and they are always keen to help you.

Now if you don't mind the fect that there is no room service , you can choose it without hesitation. You have a Pub below the hotel if you like pub food if not go for a 5 min walk and get something form the nearby tesco. Also you are very close to high end restaurants in Alderley Edge.

The only problem (if it is a problem to you) is that there is no phone in the room ,I wouldn't mind if I hadn't slept pass my wake up time my phone was off and there was no way for my collegue in the same hotel to ring me.

Internet voucher is cheap and the quality of internet good.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms that are next to the fire doors they tent to make a lot of noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I use premier inn hotels quite regularly and I booked this one at the last minute due to unexpected need to stop near Macclesfield.
The location of the hotel is lovely as Alderley edge is a gorgeous area. I only saw the reception and my room, as I only went there to sleep and did not eat there or go in the bar, so can' t comment on this part of the hotel.
Overall, my room was ok, but a lot smaller than other premier inns I have used. This did nt matter as I was alone, but might have felt a little cramped for two people. It's the little things in a hotel room that make the difference and after a long day all I wanted was to unwind. I needed to urgently charge my phone, as I needed to be contactable over night. I could only find two sockets, one which was used for the tv and the other so near the shelving, that I could not get my charger in it. I then discovered that there was o phone in the room, so I had to walk back to reception to raise this issue. The staff on reception were very helpful and they lent me a smaller charger. The staff were all great, but I did find myself annoyed at the lack of thought in the design of the room and at £70 a night room only, I expected a little more.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room over looking the car park as I got disturbed by guests leaving the restaurant an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staff very helpful and friendly, The hotel is joined to a pub called "De Trafford Arms" which is very good with a good selection of food and real ales and very friendly and polite staff.
Hotel room was classed as a single but had a double bed in it which was very comfortable. The room had a shower only- no bath and the cubicle was a bit on the small side.I stayed there on business, but the hotel would be ideal for staying close to Manchester airport (about a ten minute drive away, so no noise from aircraft at night!!)

Overall: Good Food, Good Beer and a good nights sleep!!!!
Would I stay here again?- Yes!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Good Night Inns De Trafford Hotel? Share your experiences!