“Quite superb” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Situated in the stunning cheshire countryside, The Stag is a family friendly traditional pub providing impeccable service, fresh homemade food and an excellent range of wine, cask ales & champagne to all that visit.Here at The Stag, we use only the best locally sourced produce enabling our experienced, Award Winning Chef and his team to deliver the best of British cuisine.Choose from our extensive menu or blackboard specials and enjoy your meal in one of our cosy dining rooms with open fires or out in the sun on our fabulous new decking area which overlooks our large, child friendly garden and beautiful Cheshire countryside.What better venue to hold a special event! we cater for all occasions with each event taylor made to suit your individual requirements.Come and visit us very soon and experience first hand why we are the talk of Cheshire....
Wilmslow
“Quite superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife, younger daughter, and I had a meal at the Stag the other evening and it was excellent! I had reason to give this pub a poor review elsewhere (a local web site) soon after it changed ownership. That review was justified (my wife and I had a poor lunch time experience and the staff were indiffernet despite my complaint). However, that was early days in its current management and we have now been back twice, and each time I could not fault either the food, the drinks, or the service (friendly and available when you need them without being in any way fawning).

the Stag can get busy at times, which I suppose reflects its popularity. And if you want a cheap meal, there are cheaper places. But it's excellent value for money. I had a Ribeye steak and I asked for it rare on the inside and seared on the outside - not easy with a thin cut like Ribeye. But that's exactly what I got - full marks to the chef!

It's at the top of our list for a 'quality' meal out. We will be back!

VC

• Visited March 2013

Knutsford united kingdom
“The Stag”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Warm and friendly atmosphere. Lovely fires. This traditional pub serves excellent food made with local produce. Ideal place to gomfor a drink or for a meal. Sunday lunch is really good.

The Stag is central for Alderley, Wilmslow, Mobberley and Knutsford and well worth the short drive, summer or winter. There is outside seating and this has seen some improvement.

The car parking is very good.

• Visited February 2013
Aberdeen
“Good pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant is presently ranked higher than the others in the Alderley Edge area. This is deserved for the reasonable prices, extremely friendly staff, quick service and nice atmosphere. However, the food is not of a better standard than other places and they could do with a bigger wine selection.
I had the fillet steak stir fry; the portion was fairly small and the steak not of the top quality but I enjoyed it well enough. My father had the chocolate tart afterwards which he really liked. Nice for a run out and informal dining.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice little place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited here today with friends and we really enjoyed the experience. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. They had a roaring fire which was lovely and cosy. The pub seems to be enjoyed by locals and visitors from further afield. Some visitors had there dogs with them, its a nice country style pub. We all had 3 courses and every dish was fully enjoyed. Home-maid style food presented well. Would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great venue for family and friends Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The first impression is a warm welcome from very friendly staff. The bar is nicely appointed with a nice selection of rooms that makes your experience feel intimate. The staff continued to impress being attentive whilst not overpowering. The menu is comprehensive considering everything is cooked freshly and everyone really enjoyed the lunch. The children enjoyed spending some time outside in the nice garden.
I would highly recommend you try the Stag's Head